Jon's New Pared Down Setup Soil Grow: 3 Photo & 1 Auto With New Dedicated Auto Rig

Amazing my friend! Most excellent work!

We Interrupt This Regularly Scheduled Trimming Program.....

So I've interrupted my lovely chop and trim session to bring you one picture and make one small point.

The following statements would be on Jon's list of "trust me on this," and you can tell me till the cows come home for whatever your reasons that I'm wrong. And I will continue to tell you, no, I'm not.

I talk a lot about the penetrating power of a light. It's a function of wattage, the LEDs, their focus, footprint, and above all their spectrum. What I mean by it is simply this, and it's the easiest test in the world.

At the end of the day, how do your flarfiest, lowest buds that got the least amount of light during flower look when you harvest?

Well, here's mine from the Slurricane, with whom I started.

Back to work.

Flarfiest buds on the plant.jpg

Dang! And beautiful to boot!

Alright, one more....
SLURRICANE HUNG

One down, two to go. I'm not complaining.

Slurricane hanging no complaints.jpg
Hi when did you first have hermaphrodites were full of seeds or could it be smoked? And do you use air conditioning in a tent? I've already had three hermaphrodites and I have seven left, and today I discovered bananas on one so I don't know what to do with it all or it can happen that someone avoids it, you don't know?

That is a GORGEOUS harvest Jon! Now go get some shut eye!

Jon great journal and fantastic grow. I cannot agree with you more about how helpful people on this forum are. Nice job on the harvest and I look forward to seeing the next.

Hi when did you first have hermaphrodites were full of seeds or could it be smoked? And do you use air conditioning in a tent? I've already had three hermaphrodites and I have seven left, and today I discovered bananas on one so I don't know what to do with it all or it can happen that someone avoids it, you don't know?
Hi Kanno, sorry it took me a bit to get back to you, I was a little busy.

You are referring to my scrog attempt from my last grow, my first journal here, correct? The one that was perfect until that horrible day? The day I got a little depressed? Lol.

I discovered they were seedy by accident. I was checking them and looking at the lower buds, as I use that as a reference point of sorts. I picked a flarfy one off to toast it and test smoke it. I immediately knew I was feeling seeds.

Here's the thing: They didn't show. At all. No nanners. No indication that they went seedy. Buds seemed okay. I had noticed they had slowed, however. I assumed later on that that was when they decided to switch their energy from making my beautiful buds to making seeds instead. I showed pics to everyone, and not one person could find a sign. However, they WERE there. In the middle of the tent. Where I couldn't access cuz the wheelchair thing. I hadn't considered that when I began. It's why I don't do scrogs and instead began working on the specific training I just harvested. The idea of those plants was "a scrog without the scrog," where basically I'm scrogging an individual plant from underneath instead of above with a net, while keeping the plant rotate-able so I can always access it from all sides.. It's WAY more work and if you're not in a wheelchair I don't recommend it. Use a screen. Lol!!

Sure, it could be smoked, I smoked plenty of it. But you had to deseed it. There were a ton of teeny tiny buds, not even as big as dispensary "littles" if you've seen that garbage, that didn't have any seeds. But it took like 15 to make one bong hit. Lol. Since I wasn't yet into making any kind of extracts and I'm not an edibles guy per se, (I do like my gummies though....), I basically trimmed it, dried it, cured it, and then cut every single bud up into small pieces over my Trim Bin and I kiefed every bit of it.

I still have a bowl of kief from that that's probably around half an ounce. It's awesome. And this was about three weeks or so before they would've gotten the chop. My first scrog. On my first try. And I had it dialed the F in, too. Anyway, that's what happened.

In my very first grow I had six plants. One went hermie but somehow I caught it. I have a Yoda in Oregon who helped me through that and saved my grow.

I took the plant and VERY CAREFULLY worked a large black garbage bag over top of the plant until it was completely in the bag all the way to the base of the stem. Then I leaned the bag against that side of the tent and chopped the stem below where the bag was tied. Then I VERY CAREFULLY removed the plant, keeping it as high above the others as I could so as to not brush up against any of them and so as to not break open any pollen pods waiting to take the other plants. Then I trashed it far away from the others.

If I were in your shoes I would remove every plant that's hermie as I just outlined and cross your fingers on the others. Maybe try and see if any of them popped yet. I suspect you may be screwed, but maybe not, and you've come this far, might as well see the others out.

Or, leave them, harvest a bunch of seeds, and have seeds forever. I wouldn't, but some do.

There's a bunch of ways you can go with this. For me I'd go for the save cuz I have no use for seeds like that. But I would suggest you toss this question out to others besides me, maybe tag a bunch of whoever you trust, and ask the same question, cuz most of these guys will have other ideas besides mine I'm sure, and as I said, there really are a bunch of ways you can go at this point. I think it's a group question more than a Jon question, if that makes sense and I hope some of this is helpful.

Hi Kanno, sorry it took me a bit to get back to you, I was a little busy.

You are referring to my scrog attempt from my last grow, my first journal here, correct? The one that was perfect until that horrible day? The day I got a little depressed? Lol.

I discovered they were seedy by accident. I was checking them and looking at the lower buds, as I use that as a reference point of sorts. I picked a flarfy one off to toast it and test smoke it. I immediately knew I was feeling seeds.

Here's the thing: They didn't show. At all. No nanners. No indication that they went seedy. Buds seemed okay. I had noticed they had slowed, however. I assumed later on that that was when they decided to switch their energy from making my beautiful buds to making seeds instead. I showed pics to everyone, and not one person could find a sign. However, they WERE there. In the middle of the tent. Where I couldn't access cuz the wheelchair thing. I hadn't considered that when I began. It's why I don't do scrogs and instead began working on the specific training I just harvested. The idea of those plants was "a scrog without the scrog," where basically I'm scrogging an individual plant from underneath instead of above with a net, while keeping the plant rotate-able so I can always access it from all sides.. It's WAY more work and if you're not in a wheelchair I don't recommend it. Use a screen. Lol!!

Sure, it could be smoked, I smoked plenty of it. But you had to deseed it. There were a ton of teeny tiny buds, not even as big as dispensary "littles" if you've seen that garbage, that didn't have any seeds. But it took like 15 to make one bong hit. Lol. Since I wasn't yet into making any kind of extracts and I'm not an edibles guy per se, (I do like my gummies though....), I basically trimmed it, dried it, cured it, and then cut every single bud up into small pieces over my Trim Bin and I kiefed every bit of it.

I still have a bowl of kief from that that's probably around half an ounce. It's awesome. And this was about three weeks or so before they would've gotten the chop. My first scrog. On my first try. And I had it dialed the F in, too. Anyway, that's what happened.

In my very first grow I had six plants. One went hermie but somehow I caught it. I have a Yoda in Oregon who helped me through that and saved my grow.

I took the plant and VERY CAREFULLY worked a large black garbage bag over top of the plant until it was completely in the bag all the way to the base of the stem. Then I leaned the bag against that side of the tent and chopped the stem below where the bag was tied. Then I VERY CAREFULLY removed the plant, keeping it as high above the others as I could so as to not brush up against any of them and so as to not break open any pollen pods waiting to take the other plants. Then I trashed it far away from the others.

If I were in your shoes I would remove every plant that's hermie as I just outlined and cross your fingers on the others. Maybe try and see if any of them popped yet. I suspect you may be screwed, but maybe not, and you've come this far, might as well see the others out.

Or, leave them, harvest a bunch of seeds, and have seeds forever. I wouldn't, but some do.

There's a bunch of ways you can go with this. For me I'd go for the save cuz I have no use for seeds like that. But I would suggest you toss this question out to others besides me, maybe tag a bunch of whoever you trust, and ask the same question, cuz most of these guys will have other ideas besides mine I'm sure, and as I said, there really are a bunch of ways you can go at this point. I think it's a group question more than a Jon question, if that makes sense and I hope some of this is helpful.
Thanks for the answer Jon, I'll definitely take some of it and ask for more thanks. Otherwise, congratulations on a beautiful harvest. Good work.

Hey there sleepyhead! I bet it is smelling nice in there! :yummy:
Hiya E! It definitely smells better than many of my nutes, and way way WAY better than frass.

:laugh:

Thanks!

Hey there sleepyhead! I bet it is smelling nice in there! :yummy:
As I was hanging the Hulkberry and the Ghost Train Haze and wearing a breathrite strip cuz I'm crazy like that and like to get high through my nose, I was reflecting on how much more hefty they are than the last time I used Fox Farms nutes, and I remembered some chick told me before the grow to go at them 100% from day one...

:adore:

As I was hanging the Hulkberry and the Ghost Train Haze and wearing a breathrite strip cuz I'm crazy like that and like to get high through my nose, I was reflecting on how much more hefty they are than the last time I used Fox Farms nutes, and I remembered some chick told me before the grow to go at them 100% from day one...

:adore:
the proof is in the pudding!

the proof is in the pudding!
And the fact that the coco photos now get the full FF line, everything, may have something to do with their rate of growth as well....

Roots

If you guys don't see me around too much for a little while it's cuz I'm so stuck in trim jail it's ridiculous. I'm coming up for air as I can and I am not near ready to begin on the tent, it's all still the five autos from the outdoor grow. My god my back was singing to me last night. Glad I had some good medicine.

Anyway, I thought I would share with you guys four out of the five root balls of the five plants in this grow. Officially this grow was the three plants in the tent, the Chunkadelic auto, and the Sour Apple auto. Five plants, the Sour Apple root ball was already broken up.

Here's the other four. The one with the big dead plant in it was the Chunkadelic. The Air Pot one was the Slurricane. The other two are the Ghost Train Haze and the Hulkberry. All five gallon pots.

Roots and stuff.jpg

Back
Top Bottom