Jon's Sneak It In Auto Grow

Not for long @StoneOtter. I’m headed to the lab to learn how to get good at this. I see you there. As expected.
Btw - you know what was so fascinating about the Pink Rozay besides her obvious production and colors? When she hit the stretch, it was as if 90-95% of the stretch energy went to side branching instead of vertical growth. That plant was untopped and untrained. Intentionally. She grew herself! But when that happened, my bud sites literally tripled. And this was real, significant side branching, which is how those giant branches from one node happened. She ended up at only 35” tall and she outyield every other plant I grew! Phew! If only she was more than 24%…..lmao!

Ha! @Absorber - I’ll defer to Azi on this, but I’ll tell you if you do it once and see what’s really in your buds you won’t want to not do it again. It’s a bud wash. That’s all. New to me too. But the buckets get disgusting. I was so shocked you wouldn’t believe it. But there are three buckets in the method I’m using. With drip dry in between. Takes forever.
Here is the post from the originator @Doc Bud.

Cool @FortuneSeeker ! Not the first two but yes, I grew the Forbidden Runtz XXL. It’s still big, but imho it didn’t deserve or earn the XXL title. She was tight and hard to defol. Had to stay on top of it. She gave me somewhere around 6 ounces if memory serves. Easy to grow except for the tightness. That was coco/PB in a 7. If you want the three guarantees in XXL land I’ve found so far, try the Watermelon Wedding Cake XXL, the Platinum Mimosa Cookies XXL, or the Blimburn Apple Fritter. You want yield? They’ll deliver I assure you. Quality too. The FR was tasty bud, and the kief is nice and fruity. Less than 90 start to finish.

Helpful?
Very helpful. Would have been nicer to find this before I ordered 20 seeds but... I swill still run at least one each time to see what's what. Thanks J!

Pink Rozay
Cut Down Day

Today when they are dry enough to hold their shapes and about two days from trim I do this old school short cut boxing. Cut the buds off the stems and break them down to finish drying. Toss them in the boxes and shake them until trimming. Three full boxes of buds to trim is a decent haul for an auto. Yay.

IMG_2384.jpeg

Pink Rozay
Cut Down Day

Today when they are dry enough to hold their shapes and about two days from trim I do this old school short cut boxing. Cut the buds off the stems and break them down to finish drying. Toss them in the boxes and shake them until trimming. Three full boxes of buds to trim is a decent haul for an auto. Yay.

IMG_2384.jpeg
congrates on a fine looking haul looks like you'll be busy for a while trimming those

Pink Rozay
Cut Down Day

IMG_2384.jpeg
Thats a good amount of weed brother Jon. You going to smoke all that.

Thats a good amount of weed brother Jon. You going to smoke all that.
Actually @KeithLemon, I probably won’t! I can’t wait to see a dried and trimmed bud. It’s odd looking weed and it stinks. Very dark green colors. Roundish and fluffy-dense buds, about like an almost dry sponge. The smell at this point is irrelevant other than that it’s strong, which I find bodes well in the cure. But the strength (does it work?) can be tested. From now to cure that will change but not a lot. So I found the driest bud and fanned it a while and smoked it. It definitely gets me high no doubt. It’ll be great when done. But it’s light for me. Maybe 22-24%. It’s a real light indica for my tolerance level. It’ll be smoke for taste weed.

19% of ours wastes me in a good way.

Tried 25% stuff (and tested same methodology/machine) and I have to really try and spot the difference

THC alone measurement ain’t the big measurement but then I have no idea what a better would be!

You can grow 25% THC weed then you’re bossing it though. Its adds 10% at the dispensary.

Obviously as its Jon he’s bossing it 🤣- and legit

Nick

Tried 25% stuff (and tested same methodology/machine) and I have to really try and spot the difference

THC alone measurement ain’t the big measurement but then I have no idea what a better would be!

You can grow 25% THC weed then you’re bossing it though. Its adds 10% at the dispensary.

Nick
Most dispensaries around here it is 19% to low 20s% I have a low tolerance, so I get stoned easy. If I do get high THC, I just smoke less but I am finding it takes a little more to get me stoned. I guess my tolerance is getting a little higher as I have been smoking a lot more lately usually every afternoon and into the evening. I am a pot head the more I think about it. I just went from low too high in a couple sentences. I am definitely a pot head.

Nick
Lol. Plenty of lower thc gets me stoned, it’s ultimately more about terps. But higher thc is more effective on pain for me.

Most dispensaries around here it is 19% to low 20s% I have a low tolerance, so I get stoned easy. If I do get high THC, I just smoke less but I am finding it takes a little more to get me stoned. I guess my tolerance is getting a little higher as I have been smoking a lot more lately usually every afternoon and into the evening. I am a pot head the more I think about it. I just went from low too high in a couple sentences. I am definitely a pot head.
Lol! Damn right you are! I have found for me it’s easy - the more I smoke the more it takes. To reset I simply periodically quit entirely for two, maybe three days. Next buzz after that I’m in high school again.

Pink Rozay
Bud Shots

Here’s the Pink Rozay and what the buds look like. Dark, silvery green with dark red hairs and slight touches of purple here and there. Interesting looking bud, the darkest I harvested this time in terms of color.

IMG_2405.jpeg

IMG_2406.jpeg

IMG_2407.jpeg

IMG_2404.jpeg

On another plant related topic, my friend Tammy in Pittsburgh is a huge Billy Strings fan. Follows him all over. She’s a plant person and Red Daisies are a thing from a Billy Strings song that his fans all love. So she started making and selling these crowns made from red daisies and LEDs for fans to wear at shows. They won’t last a tour but look cool as hell at first. Here’s her latest pile:
1696209495413.jpeg

Pink Rozay
Bud Shots

Here’s the Pink Rozay and what the buds look like. Dark, silvery green with dark red hairs and slight touches of purple here and there. Interesting looking bud, the darkest I harvested this time in terms of color.

IMG_2405.jpeg

IMG_2406.jpeg

IMG_2407.jpeg

IMG_2404.jpeg
Damnit @Azimuth - the beauty of them in flower and of the plant in veg generally is a bit of a fools gold mirage. There’s nothing special about these buds. They’re nice and get you high and will taste great after curing. But I’m feeling a bit disappointed in the finish colors as compared to what the look in flower (and the early wet trimmed testers!) promised. Meh. I’d rank them 7th best buds of the 8 plants, the messed up Apple Fritter being 8. But had I not messed her up the Pink Rozay would be a solid 8.

Damnit @Azimuth - the beauty of them in flower and of the plant in veg generally is a bit of a fools gold mirage. There’s nothing special about these buds. They’re nice and get you high and will taste great after curing. But I’m feeling a bit disappointed in the finish colors as compared to what the look in flower (and the early wet trimmed testers!) promised. Meh. I’d rank them 7th best buds of the 8 plants, the messed up Apple Fritter being 8. But had I not messed her up the Pink Rozay would be a solid 8.
Damn corporate advertising! And quite misleading at that. But hey, that can tell you of their bias in presenting their product and inform your future decisions if you want to continue dealing with them or not.

Still a pretty plant though. And if the smoke is good, a pretty good outcome even if it wasn't what you expected.

Damn corporate advertising! And quite misleading at that. But hey, that can tell you of their bias in presenting their product and inform your future decisions if you want to continue dealing with them or not.

Still a pretty plant though. And if the smoke is good, a pretty good outcome even if it wasn't what you expected.
Oh I’m not concerned with the weed, it’s great and will be my weed for when I need or want a light buzz. Like a first set buzz. I’m just a snob, and I also feel I sold the plant short a bit with the crispy leaves and such, and for all I know the colors would have been there otherwise. So if I thought it was especially tasty or especially terpy I’d try it again. No doubt she’s productive, easy to grow, and pretty as hell while growing. But she’s definitely a long one (longest auto ever here!), she is light in thc for me, and her terps are medium. Again, maybe I screwed her terp production, idk. But I can already taste she’s in the flowery tasting or perfume-y tasting realm. Not my favorite flavor profile. So I’m done with her. Nice experience.

Meanwhile, I’m about to go into trim jail and spend hours right here:

IMG_2419.jpeg

Edit: the morning music for the closet girls and for me while I trim today is the Dead at the Oakland Auditorium on 10-9-76. It’s a Dicks Picks, #33, which is the best recording out there of the show imo. There’s a matrix but it’s overrated, the DP version is much truer and a better reproduction of the original analog. The second set is breathtaking. The set list tells the tale, check it out. Astounding show in an up and down, often sloppily played year, maybe top 5 of 76. It is imo.

Scenes from Trim Jail

I may have undervalued this bud a little. Now that I’m getting into it it’s actually quite pretty. Big chunky buds too - super easy trim. Plus upon plus! And jeez, when you trim a bud and the terps hit you in the fresh trim, she’s actually quite the little stinker! @Azimuth, you know I love to be wrong. Heh.

IMG_2420.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom