Jon's Sneak It In Auto Grow

Ha! Good call @FortuneSeeker. So the Watermelon Wedding Cake XXL I have grown the most. I think I’ve grown eight of them in five different grows, including two in this one. These two appeared the same and I thought they were until one harvested three weeks ahead of the other. Then I found that the second one has cheese for days. Of 8 plants, 7 times I got the same exact plant. The 1 time it was different was this cheesy one. But even with that difference, (call it the cheesey pheno?), the plant is always huge, always super productive and side branchy, and as consistent an auto genetic as I am aware of. Yields on those 8 have ranged from my biggest auto ever at 13.8 ounces jarred on the high end and around 9 on the low end. Pretty sure she beat a half pound every time.

Platinum Mimose Cookies XXL is second in terms of frequency. I think six time over three grows. Everything I said above about size, consistency, growth, etc, also applies to the PMC. With this one, 5 of 6 were the same exact pheno - the sativa pheno. Exactly like the sativa pheno in this grow. 1 time I got the indica - this grow - and you saw it and the finished bud is my NOTM entry this month. The sativa is fabulous but whoa is the indica great and different. The indica was almost 6 ounces. All the sativa phenos I’ve grown have been at least 8 and a couple went 11 and 12.

Those two are my top 2. Grown the White Widow twice from two different breeders and both got big: one was 11 and one was 7. The 11 ouncer won me my PLOTM award.

Apple Fritter - just the one in this grow but that’s all I need. It will always get huge. I kept almost 7 ounces and tossed at least 5 I had burned the plant so badly.

Pink Rozay - just the one in this grow and the one I almost didn’t include on the list. Don’t actually know what another would do. But my guess is always huge. This one was 12 ounces.

Chunkadelic from HSC is their self appointed highest yielding auto, that’s why I tried it. It was huge. 9 ounces I think, my biggest ever to that point. I didn’t care for the weed but she’s a producer.

So some I have listed have a half decent data pool and some not so much. Part is my experience growing it and knowing that sometimes, it’s always gonna be like X. The Apple Fritter for example. After one grow I’d pick her to enter in a yield contest I’m that sure about her. For what that’s worth. Lol!!

That what you were looking for?
I forgot the Pineapple Express. That’s a fun one. I grew that twice, both when I had little auto experience. But both times it went nuts. Far outpaced the other plants and generated as much side branching as I’ve ever seen. A 6’ plant maybe if you let it go, not sure, but big. I grew the Barney’s Farm version once and Royal Queen Seeds version one time, if memory serves. Everyone makes it. And I have yet to ever meet a person who doesn’t love the PE! Not every strain inspires a movie. Heh.

Most dispensaries around here it is 19% to low 20s% I have a low tolerance, so I get stoned easy. If I do get high THC, I just smoke less but I am finding it takes a little more to get me stoned. I guess my tolerance is getting a little higher as I have been smoking a lot more lately usually every afternoon and into the evening. I am a pot head the more I think about it. I just went from low too high in a couple sentences. I am definitely a pot head.
Do you smoke first thing in the morning with your Coffee ☕️? And then keep taking hits throughout the day? CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Final Boring Observation

This Pink Rozay bud is like other hybrids I’ve had before which aren’t particularly frosty on the outside at harvest. Decent, not great by any means. But….they sure are sweet on the interior. One way I could tell if I cared enough would be to scope it. I don’t. Lol. My eyes can see it. But a tell is, trim an ounce or two. I have used two pair of trim scissors (Fiskar, straight point, short bladed, titanium coated blades - great for finer work) so far and I’m up to 60 grams trimmed. Then check your scissors.

This will likely get me high.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

IMG_2427.jpeg

IMG_2426.jpeg
Not the most appealing but it would definitely work. CL🍀. :surf: :woohoo:

Btw - I was hoping to maybe get @Chuckeye to add any of his to the list (you out there man?). If you think I grow reasonably large autos check out his sometime. Dude grows some beasts!!
:yummy:

Yes, autos have been Good for me ;)

First one was an Early Miss Auto grown in a two gallon plastic pot with AN ph perfect M/G/B.

3' x 3' x 4' high enclosure with a 600w MH/HPS.

Burnt the heck out of her at one point but still 13.2 oz. !

Betty five 16 Jan 2021 web.jpg

Betty four 16 Jan 2021 web.jpg

Betty one 16 Jan 2021 web.jpg

Betty three 16 Jan 2021 web.jpg

Betty two 16 Jan 2021 web.jpg

The next auto grow was in 3 gallon pots with Mega Crop one part, increased the enclose to a little over 4' x 4'.

Gelato 6.0 oz.
Gelato topped 10.75 oz.
Purple Silverback 6.1 oz.
King Gelato 15.6 oz.
Gorilla Glue #4 11g shy of 1 # !

GG#4 right side horizontal.jpg

This is the King Gelato and Gorilla Glue #4 hanging to dry....

KG & GG#4 hanging.jpg

Current auto grow is Wedding Cheesecake, California Snow, Six Shooter, CBD Lemon and Gorilla Punch from @Herbies Seeds. Three SIP's, a hempy bucket and a 3 gallon fabric bag.

Looking promising @ day 68 :bongrip:

Day 68 The Girls 29 Sept 2023.jpg

I should mention, with my photoperiods I veg for about 50 days and they have yielded ~8oz each..

Apple Betty was the largest @ 11oz.

Apple Betty three Contest 12 Jun 23.jpg

Cheers, eh ?

First one was an Early Miss Auto grown in a two gallon plastic pot with AN ph perfect M/G/B.

The next auto grow was in 3 gallon pots with Mega Crop one part, increased the enclose to a little over 4' x 4'.

Gelato 6.0 oz.
Gelato topped 10.75 oz.
King Gelato 15.6 oz.

KG & GG#4 hanging.jpg

Current auto grow is Wedding Cheesecake, California Snow, Six Shooter, CBD Lemon and Gorilla Punch from @Herbies Seeds. Three SIP's, a hempy bucket and a 3 gallon fabric bag.

I should mention, with my photoperiods I veg for about 50 days and they have yielded ~8oz each..

Cheers, eh ?
Thanks @Chuckeye! And Christ! You are the auto king. That much yield from a 2? That’s insane and I don’t even see how it’s possible! All of these are ridiculous. Appreciate you chiming in. I’m a big fan of your work. Lol. And my god, the cola on that plant on the left…..

Ha! Good call @FortuneSeeker. So the Watermelon Wedding Cake XXL I have grown the most. I think I’ve grown eight of them in five different grows, including two in this one. These two appeared the same and I thought they were until one harvested three weeks ahead of the other. Then I found that the second one has cheese for days. Of 8 plants, 7 times I got the same exact plant. The 1 time it was different was this cheesy one. But even with that difference, (call it the cheesey pheno?), the plant is always huge, always super productive and side branchy, and as consistent an auto genetic as I am aware of. Yields on those 8 have ranged from my biggest auto ever at 13.8 ounces jarred on the high end and around 9 on the low end. Pretty sure she beat a half pound every time.

Platinum Mimose Cookies XXL is second in terms of frequency. I think six time over three grows. Everything I said above about size, consistency, growth, etc, also applies to the PMC. With this one, 5 of 6 were the same exact pheno - the sativa pheno. Exactly like the sativa pheno in this grow. 1 time I got the indica - this grow - and you saw it and the finished bud is my NOTM entry this month. The sativa is fabulous but whoa is the indica great and different. The indica was almost 6 ounces. All the sativa phenos I’ve grown have been at least 8 and a couple went 11 and 12.

Those two are my top 2. Grown the White Widow twice from two different breeders and both got big: one was 11 and one was 7. The 11 ouncer won me my PLOTM award.

Apple Fritter - just the one in this grow but that’s all I need. It will always get huge. I kept almost 7 ounces and tossed at least 5 I had burned the plant so badly.

Pink Rozay - just the one in this grow and the one I almost didn’t include on the list. Don’t actually know what another would do. But my guess is always huge. This one was 12 ounces.

Chunkadelic from HSC is their self appointed highest yielding auto, that’s why I tried it. It was huge. 9 ounces I think, my biggest ever to that point. I didn’t care for the weed but she’s a producer.

So some I have listed have a half decent data pool and some not so much. Part is my experience growing it and knowing that sometimes, it’s always gonna be like X. The Apple Fritter for example. After one grow I’d pick her to enter in a yield contest I’m that sure about her. For what that’s worth. Lol!!

That what you were looking for?
So your highest was 13.8? That is around 400g, right? Ever grew WeedSeedsExpress genetics? They have some big ones but I cannot compare to other brands for potency, smell etc and the phenotype variation is nothing compared to what you found with GrowersChoice. It's so hard to find proper info on strains and even harder to rely on website description..
Thanks for the reply... You are doing a nice job. Your top and lst techniques are inspiring.

Gelato 6.0 oz.
Gelato topped 10.75 oz.
King Gelato 15.6 oz.

KG & GG#4 hanging.jpg

Cheers, eh ?
Are you using just G M B? Is nice to see another AN user. I feel so alone in a world of AN haters :))

So your highest was 13.8? That is around 400g, right? Ever grew WeedSeedsExpress genetics? They have some big ones but I cannot compare to other brands for potency, smell etc and the phenotype variation is nothing compared to what you found with GrowersChoice. It's so hard to find proper info on strains and even harder to rely on website description..
Thanks for the reply... You are doing a nice job. Your top and lst techniques are inspiring.
Thanks man! So far my best luck has been with Growers Choice and Blimburn for autos, Ethos, Blimburn, and Humboldt Seed Company for photos. But there’s so many I haven’t tried. I’m excited to try the virgin offering from Dirty Bird Genetics, an offshoot of @North Atlantic Seed Co. it’s their own seed line.

Thanks @Chuckeye! And Christ! You are the auto king. That much yield from a 2? That’s insane and I don’t even see how it’s possible! All of these are ridiculous. Appreciate you chiming in. I’m a big fan of your work. Lol.
Thanks @Jon for the kind words !

There is no secret. Just ProMix HP and a wet/dry cycle ;)

And good light, he, he...
And my god, the cola on that plant on the left…..
That is the Gorilla Punch, bud back building seems to have helped !

This is about three quarters of the main last night....

Back right photobomb is the California Snow !

Day 67 GP top 5 Oct 2023.jpg

Cheers

Are you using just G M B? Is nice to see another AN user. I feel so alone in a world of AN haters :))
Along with G/M/B I was using Big Bud, B-52 and Sensizym at the appropriate times.

I am Not an AN hater but I quickly tired of mixing multiple ml's of liquids and moved on.

Much prefer to weight out grams of a powder !

You don't get to tinker with nutrient ratio's but with Mega Crop one part or General Hydroponics Maxi series there really is no need to.

And the bonus is it's also much less expensive !

Cheers

Along with G/M/B I was using Big Bud, B-52 and Sensizym at the appropriate times.

I am Not an AN hater but I quickly tired of mixing multiple ml's of liquids and moved on.

Much prefer to weight out grams of a powder !

You don't get to tinker with nutrient ratio's but with Mega Crop one part or General Hydroponics Maxi series there really is no need to.

And the bonus is it's also much less expensive !

Cheers
Well I am not an AN lover, because I hate the prices and bottles, but it really works for me. I mean the ph perfect for my case makes all the difference, and money, cause I failed big on a grow and switched to AN and BOOM! Don't really have the necessary space, location etc for experimenting and in no case for fail grows.

Cheers
Ah! I constantly forget that @Emilya Green taught me the backbuilding technique, thanks for the reminder. Yeah, damn right it works! At least in my experience. You obviously have this in hand but you might consider a side light experiment sometime. A side light on that at like 200-400 ppfd might add substantially to your already insane yields. Lol!

Cheers
California Snow eh? Is this representative of how it grows pretty much? Have you grown the strain before? I may need to try this. Who is the breeder?

Don't know if this is normal, every grow is four new strains ;)

California Snow and Gorilla Punch auto's are from Fastbuds via Herbies Seeds.

Cheers
Love it @Chuckeye - I do new strains pretty much every grow too. This grow here was a rare exception. Dig this though - I learned this grow that it can be very interesting and cool to grow two of something you really like or even think you will (never tried strains). You get to see different phenos of you get lucky. I did this grow - the two WWCs looked the same, but harvested three weeks apart and the second one has cheese for days. The first one is what I call “classic” WWC and now I know the strain occasionally will give you the “cheesy pheno”. And with the PMC I got a sativa and an indica. They’re like two completely different strains in every respect. So I’ll likely keep doing what you do and grow new auto strains, but it’s fun once a while. I have a strong feeling about the FastBuds Strawberry Gorilla I have in flower. She has been the perfect plant up to now, and I’m sure if you like FastBuds you have seen the info on the Strawberry Gorilla. I hope mine lives up to their billing.

Ah! I constantly forget that @Emilya Green taught me the backbuilding technique, thanks for the reminder. Yeah, damn right it works! At least in my experience. You obviously have this in hand but you might consider a side light experiment sometime. A side light on that at like 200-400 ppfd might add substantially to your already insane yields. Lol!
How much do think the side lights added to your harvest? CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom