Winging It In Winter By The Window: Soil Auto Grow

Greetings fellow gardeners,

I wanted to share this review with you because it fills me with pride. A fellow growmie sent me the following message :)

"So today I did something out of character and had some of your bruce banner. Such a good and smooth experience all around, this makes it into my "special occasion corner" :). I will have the rest tonight. Really a feel good strain!

I think eventually you need to get a better light. If you unlock the genetic potential like you did with the 100 watt, imagine what you could achieve with 300."

That was completely unsolicited and he grows exceptional weed so for him to say this is important to me.

I hope you are all well. I keep my eye on grows but miss growing with you.

What a nice review Carmen. "Special occasion corner"? Sweet!

Was it out of character because he rarely smokes what others grow?
Hey Shed, well he grows surplus so he usually only smokes his own. He has experimented with a variety of strains these past few years, a lot from Ethos and I have been getting weed from him at cost, expanding my smoking repertoire quite extensively with some high end stuff. So he sets the bar high. He has had tasters from my previous harvests but this is the first one he kind of raved about. He also usually keeps his cannabis intake for evenings rather than in the day. Ya, I'm chuffed he likes my weed so much this time :D

Hi friends,
I am finally going to close this journal down. I'm not going to make elaborate smoke reports for the Bruce Banner #2 or the Wedding Cake, because they are such well-known varieties and there is plenty of info and reviews about them online.
Thank you for following along, keeping me company, for the encouragement and advice.
See you in your journals and beyond :circle-of-love:

It's been interesting Carmen. It was a pleasure to follow along.

I'm not going to make elaborate smoke reports for the Bruce Banner #2 or the Wedding Cake, because they are such well-known varieties and there is plenty of info and reviews about them online.
Not by you!

Unless you just don't have time, I'd like to hear what you think! (Doesn't have to be one of your elaborate ones, which indeed were quite elaborate. :) )

I'd like to hear what you think!
Yes sure :) I guess I'm getting toasted today while the weed is getting tasted :drool:

Smoke Report:
Bruce Banner # 2 Fem

I get a clean, rush of diesel with fruity notes on the inhalation. It really lingers on the palate and tastes yummy. It pongs of diesel with hints of something slightly sweet. The exhalation is just as good and so I allow the smoke to billow through my nose so I can get the last bits of flavor. I think it is a top class smoke and I will definitely be growing it again. The effects are a manageable speediness, probably the OG Kush part of the hybrid. The kind that galvanizes one into action. A good daytime smoke for me.
Bred by Dark Horse Genetics it is a Sativa dominant hybrid.
This is what Seedsman says: " Bruce Banner BX 2.0 is the first formal release of seeds from the legendary Bruce Banner strains which first came to prominence in the cannabis world back in 2009 when it won the High Times Caregivers Cup. Apart from many other awards it was placed at #9 on the High Times 25 Greatest Strains of all time list as well as gaining the accolade of being the highest THC-producing strain ever tested by that organisation.
Having scored some rare Strawberry Diesel seeds in 2006 the breeder began the quest which was to result in the Bruce Banner BX 2.0 crossing Strawberry Diesel F3 with Bruce Banner #3. The Bruce Banner strain was named after the alter-ego of The Incredible Hulk and it was this 3rd pheno which was deemed to hold such promise, it being a bit of a monster. Despite its measured 28.35% THC it is not a debilitating strain at all; in fact quite the opposite as it creates high energy levels and inspires great creativity."

Wedding Cake Fem
Wedding Cake is an Indica dominant hybrid that takes me into a deeply relaxed state of being. It takes the edge of stress and sorrow. It helps me to sleep. I have a pipe, stream something tvish and drop into unconsciousness. This is also a staple in my cupboard. I see that there are different varieties of Wedding Cake depending on the producers hybrid mix. Mine is Girl Scout Cookies with Cherry Pie.
This is what Seedsman says: "Wedding Cakes was created as a GSC x Cherry Pie cross, the latter itself a 3-way hybrid of OG Kush x Durban Poison with the spectacular Grandaddy Purple."
I have been smoking last year's Wedding Cake so giving this harvest a go was interesting in terms of comparison. It has the same or very similar aroma and flavor profile. I like to take a good long sniff of the ground herb. It's sweet and spicy with a hint of something I can't put my finger on. The inhalation is as promising as the aroma of the ground herb suggests. The "hint of something" is stronger on the exhalation. It's a complex flavor profile, with a lovely burst of flavor moving from the middle of my palate to my throat. It has a slow creeping body stone. If I don't over do it or mix it up with something else, I can function in a relaxed and calm manner during the day too.

:thanks: for the fun! :ciao:
It is fun, isn't it :)
Thanks Carmen, and all the very best!
And you Stunger. I'll be following your work ongoing! :)
Thank you
You're welcome Keith and thank you :)
Lekker mate. Have a great weekend. Another pearler so far...
I love these glorious sunny days 🌞

Speaking to you with my head fresh from my 2022 Wedding Cake. It feels good.

Thanks for the great journal, and the excellent smoke reports, Carmen..💚
Tasting and testing sounds like a nice way to spend a Friday....or, a whole weekend, if one is so inclined ..😄

I'm happy that GDB asked for your smoke reports as I love reading them, too. It's more important to me to know what you think than someone I don't know.

I'm planning on growing Bruce Banner next grow so reading your posts on it will be of help.

:thanks: for a fun and interesting journal to follow. I'll look forward to your next one.

It feels like it homie :)
Sweet smoke report Carmen! Thank you! Way to enjoy a good smoke!
Thanks Otter! I have had excellent feedback from the friend who gave me my light. He is a top shelf grower and he was more impressed with this wedding cake than the ones we grew outdoors last year. He says it's almost as good as the Bruce Banner #2 and he has subsequently wet a Bruce Banner seed :)
Most excellent!
Thank you Shed! Super rewarding after the bin bag pita :rofl:
Thanks for the great journal, and the excellent smoke reports, Carmen..💚
Tasting and testing sounds like a nice way to spend a Friday....or, a whole weekend, if one is so inclined ..😄
It was a most excellent tasting sesh :)
Hopefully your next adventure will be Wookie wonderful!
Yes indeedy, woot woot! I will want to decide if I am going to do two or three autos in the grow. What size pot did you use and how big did the Wookie get? do you have measurements in your notes? Was she a large, medium or smaller plant? What was the yield? My grow conditions will be the same as they are now in all likelihood, so that makes for somewhat smaller plants and smaller yields. That's why I would ideally like to grow three at once.
Great smoke update
Thanks Keith :)
I'm happy that GDB asked for your smoke reports as I love reading them, too. It's more important to me to know what you think than someone I don't know.

I'm planning on growing Bruce Banner next grow so reading your posts on it will be of help.

:thanks: for a fun and interesting journal to follow. I'll look forward to your next one.
How exciting that you are going to grow Bruce Banner next grow! I may try an auto version if I can source it. Thank you for the lovely thoughts HG :)

Back
Top Bottom