Hey @Carmen Ray congratulations on your harvest. Seems like some super valuable lessons have been learned!

I gotta agree with the lazymeter and I think it would be a good contest between a few of us :rofl: Your journal and super awesome pictures don't seem to reinforce this theory though, looking forward to seeing your next grow whenever that may be! 🙏:cheer: :green_heart:
Thank you Wef! :green_heart:

Well maybe, but you'd need a non-participant to organize it because, well you know, too much work to set it up....
You know it Azi! :passitleft:

Well maybe, but you'd need a non-participant to organize it because, well you know, too much work to set it up....
Don't look this way.

Hey Carmen,

It's really just my lazy meter kicking in, and I don't know who's lazy meter would be laziest in a lazy meter competition GDB, but I'm putting money on mine.

Trust me I’m lazier than you! But yeah like @InTheShed suggests if you have whatever it might be bud rot/mould and I’m not sure the distinction but really a daily check at least. You have options its persisted but may as well keep an eye on it!

Nick (& Co has no excuses not to check because of those expensive prescription glasses I bought her!)

Hey Carmen,

Trust me I’m lazier than you! But yeah like @InTheShed suggests if you have whatever it might be bud rot/mould and I’m not sure the distinction but really a daily check at least. You have options its persisted but may as well keep an eye on it!

Nick (& Co has no excuses not to check because of those expensive prescription glasses I bought her!)
Hey Nick,
It's a few days later and still no sign of mold. I have hope.
I also hope that you and & Co are enjoying entertaining. Have an excellent time with your mate! Site is weird with you gone all quiet :laugh:

Oooh, now is a good time to deliver a smoke report on the Red Russian. There is still no sign of mold and I took another sample which I overdried on the toaster. As a result it was like smoking decarb bleh. Anyway it has got me high. If I sit completely still it feels as if there is forward motion, as if the cells in my body are rolling over lol. Tingling hands and buzzing head. They said it would be sedative. I'd need more than this to put me out but it's a promising start.

Oooh, now is a good time to deliver a smoke report on the Red Russian. There is still no sign of mold and I took another sample which I overdried on the toaster. As a result it was like smoking decarb bleh. Anyway it has got me high. If I sit completely still it feels as if there is forward motion, as if the cells in my body are rolling over lol. Tingling hands and buzzing head. They said it would be sedative. I'd need more than this to put me out but it's a promising start.
Ha thanks Carmen! We’ve been sharing a single joint of my Bruce Banner each evening and found its difficult to do much other than eat & Co’s food and watch documentaries on TV. We’re in the Cancun of Asia where its always Spring Break but yeah. Curry and fried rice in a pineapple and MH370 or the Murdaughs etc. just fine!

Moving forwards whilst not moving? Yeah an eloquent, more technical way of saying “Yeah it got me blazed” 🤣

Hope you’re well!

Nick & Friends

Interesting but not really my thing. Btw Carmen where were your seeds from? CL🍀

Interesting but not really my thing. Btw Carmen where were your seeds from? CL🍀
Cap, I bought the seeds from a local supplier who imports. The Red Russian is by Victory Seeds. I don't know who bred the Skywalker "kush cut", which was sold as a single and did not specify breeder. Two of their suppliers are Mephisto and Barney's and I think I narrowed it down to Barney's. Either way, I have bought more Barney's for my next grow.

Cap, I bought the seeds from a local supplier who imports. The Red Russian is by Victory Seeds. I don't know who bred the Skywalker "kush cut", which was sold as a single and did not specify breeder. Two of their suppliers are Mephisto and Barney's and I think I narrowed it down to Barney's. Either way, I have bought more Barney's for my next grow.
Yeah I was wondering because it’s not a strain that I’ve seen anyone growing before. CL🍀 :Namaste:

2 March 2023 Update

I have 65 g of the salvaged Red Russian XXL Auto bud. I photographed each bud back and front and examined them for signs of mold or bud rot. I don't see any at this stage. The buds are jarred and will be burped once a day for a few days and then sealed for the cure.

DSC_2237.jpg
DSC_2189-Edit.jpg

I'll be back with a smoke report in a few weeks, but for now I will close out this journal.

Thank you to all who have kept me company for this grow, offering words of support, advice and encouragement. It is hugely appreciated!

I look forward to my next grow which will begin in May. I hope you will join me on my next journey.

Sorry I missed almost your entire grow, Carmen. The Red Russian was gorgeous. Sucks about the mould. I'm happy you liked the highs from both though.

Sorry I missed almost your entire grow, Carmen. The Red Russian was gorgeous. Sucks about the mould. I'm happy you liked the highs from both though.
Thank you HG and no worries, I am aware of your presence and you have been crazy busy!

One of the things I really love about this site is the inventive things people come up with... we have CarHooking, CarHooks, CarTent, CarCanSpout... I am serious about this glossary! We should ask Admin if they will make a thread for adding community inventions and a short description of purpose and process. We can make a glossary list from that which keeps getting updated.... @Joe Brewster who is the person one would speak to about this? It has been on my mind for a few days, because I keep seeing innovative named hacks, attributed to individuals. I think it would be fun and informative
Did you ever follow up on this idea? Never saw anything posted

...If I sit completely still it feels as if there is forward motion, as if the cells in my body are rolling over lol. Tingling hands and buzzing head. They said it would be sedative. I'd need more than this to put me out but it's a promising start.
That's what I call the roller-coaster ride. Freshly harvested will do that. Cure smoothes that over. Fun but seasonal.

Did you ever follow up on this idea? Never saw anything posted
Hi Joe, no I didn't. I don't think it is my place after all.

That's what I call the roller-coaster ride. Freshly harvested will do that. Cure smoothes that over. Fun but seasonal.
It is fun Emeraldo! Do you have any idea why the cure will smooth over the forward motion feeling? Thanks for stopping by, it's nice to see you.

It is fun Emeraldo! Do you have any idea why the cure will smooth over the forward motion feeling? Thanks for stopping by, it's nice to see you.

Hi Carmen!

To me it feels like when a roller coaster clears the top of the tracks and heads down, like going off a cliff! I just close my eyes and trust that it ain't really so. A spine-tingling neurological buzz bubbling up my spine into my brain while feeling like I am moving forward rapidly. Now I just relax and lean into it. It was terrifying the first time it happened but it's actually a very pleasant :eek::p experience and I've gotten to look forward to it. It is thrilling. Only do at home because it is quite incapacitating. Not all strains have produced this effect for me.

To your question. Why this effect fades with a cure is a good question and deserves a better explanation than what I can tell you. Maybe someone else has a more scientific explanation. All I can say is what I've experienced.

I've gotten the roller coaster ride only 1. within a month or two after harvesting fresh, high THC cannabis, 2. with strains that I have not grown or used previously, and 3. when I smoked enough of the fresh stuff to get very stoned.

White Strawberry Skunk (GHS/Strain Hunters), G13 x Haze (Barney's), Malawi and Super Malawi Haze (ACE) have all triggered this response, but only the first time or two I smoked the fresh crop. I always thought it had only to do with the freshness of the weed, a substance that is at its peak strength right after harvest. I guess that would be THC, but it could be something else at work there too. I also thought it might depend on my body not having previously been exposed to that particular strain, so I had no tolerance yet.

After a few months of cure, I don't get that experience again. Even though the stone might still be very strong, the cured weed does not trigger this response. Tolerance seems to be a factor. Usually by the time my crop has cured, I've also used it quite a few times, so maybe the reason this feeling fades is tolerance build-up, not curing. But whatever the reason, for me it has been a seasonal thing, like Christmas cookies! I look forward to it.

It would be interesting to hear what others have experienced.

Cheers

Most plants I've grown have calmed down a crapton after the cure. I most often enjoy the ride but for people who do not smoke much or at all it causes extreme anxiety and paranoia. After the cure it's much better. From what I've experienced

I kept the RR XXL Skeleton for a few weeks because I wanted to get a better look at the roots. These spread around the pot and the soil was full of the fine feeder roots that get left behind. I don't know if this root structure varies from roots that develop from top watering. Maybe someone else can tell me.

DSC_2243.jpg
DSC_2246.jpg

After a few months of cure, I never got that trippy experience again, at least not so far. Even though the stone might still be strong, the cured weed has not triggered this response. Tolerance seems to be a factor. Usually by the time my crop has cured, I've also used it quite a few times, so maybe the reason this feeling fades is tolerance build-up, not curing. But whatever the reason, for me it has been a seasonal thing, like Christmas cookies! I look forward to it.

It would be interesting to hear what others have experienced.
I like the thought of the seasonal treat being like Christmas cookies. I think tolerance makes sense. Even if one is a heavyweight when it comes to thc, strains vary considerably in effect and that would be down to the entourage effect wouldn't it?

Most plants I've grown have calmed down a crapton after the cure. I most often enjoy the ride but for people who do not smoke much or at all it causes extreme anxiety and paranoia. After the cure it's much better. From what I've experienced
Hey LR, nice to see you. This is slower, more like a lava lamp than a roller-coaster. It's pretty cool too. I sometimes like the rollercoaster but I have to be prepared. It can be overwhelming if one is not ready for it.

This is slower, more like a lava lamp than a roller-coaster. It's pretty cool too. I sometimes like the rollercoaster but I have to be prepared. It can be overwhelming if one is not ready for it.
Ahh yes! The indica-lava-lamp. A feeling of slow and gradual forward movement, a prickly numbness bubbling up inside? I think we experience the same thing, just describing it differently.

Back
Top Bottom