Jon's Sneak It In Auto Grow

And @farside05 has gorgeous plants every time. Do you guys use the same chart?

Our targets are very similar. @InTheShed @MrSauga and I all kinda worked up the recipe together over a couple years. We used different products to arrive at the ppms per element, but basically ended up in the same place. Currently I'm testing a lower K formula (100ppm K) and I'm not seeing any drop off.

And @farside05 has gorgeous plants every time. Do you guys use the same chart?
Farside's got you covered. It's not a chart so much as targets for N, P, K, Ca, Mg, S, and Si. The ratios between them stay pretty close from sprout to harvest but the ppm's increase as the plant gets bigger.
Hell Shed, while we are here, you’re exactly the person to ask. I am simply 3/4 of a bottle of Bio-Si short of having enough PB for one plant left start to finish. I’d love to use it up. Would you by chance be able to suggest a replacement for Bio-Si? Thanks!
BioSi is basically 0-0-1.6 with Si at 2.5. DynaGro ProTekt at 0-0-4 has Si at 7.8, so that would be a good replacement at ~50% strength to match the BioSi numbers.

Farside's got you covered. It's not a chart so much as targets for N, P, K, Ca, Mg, S, and Si. The ratios between them stay pretty close from sprout to harvest but the ppm's increase as the plant gets bigger.

BioSi is basically 0-0-1.6 with Si at 2.5. DynaGro ProTekt at 0-0-4 has Si at 7.8, so that would be a good replacement at ~50% strength to match the BioSi numbers.
Perfect. Thank you so much!

Hey J! What PAR do you use for growing autos, in flower?
Hi @FortuneSeeker, how you be? Par for autos? I guess you’re asking my ppfd numbers (vs DLI or some other measuring form)?

I don’t use different numbers for autos and photos, it’s the same thing. Generally speaking, if I had to break it down to steps, here’s about what my chart would look like:
Seedlings to two sets of actual leaves: 400-600
Two sets to the end of veg: gradually increase from wherever you are to try to get to about 800-900 by the flip.
Flower: I stay around 900 until I have actual buds and then go up gradually as high as possible given the strain. I’ve been as high as 1350 and as low as 900. At that point, imho, you see the strain specific light response real well and can read it. I generally use the numbers as well as the prayer angles and the bleaching/stretching to sort of visually check my numbers. My goal is to read the plants well enough to not need a measuring device eventually.

Does that answer your question and help?

Hi @FortuneSeeker, how you be? Par for autos? I guess you’re asking my ppfd numbers (vs DLI or some other measuring form)?

I don’t use different numbers for autos and photos, it’s the same thing. Generally speaking, if I had to break it down to steps, here’s about what my chart would look like:
Two sets to the end of veg: gradually increase from wherever you are to try to get to about 800-900 by the flip.
Flower: I stay around 900 until I have actual buds and then go up gradually as high as possible given the strain. I’ve been as high as 1350 and as low as 900. At that point, imho, you see the strain specific light response real well and can read it. I generally use the numbers as well as the prayer angles and the bleaching/stretching to sort of visually check my numbers. My goal is to read the plants well enough to not need a measuring device eventually.

Another reference is that my screen in the VS tent is set at 650. As they grow up in flower above the screen I can now simply let them grow into the higher ppfd numbers, and if I need more I can go up to 75 or 100% on the lights.

Here’s how the Pink Rozay is looking. I did not think these buds had any room for a final fattening and thought they had already achieved their final size and shape. How awesome I was wrong! Look at the shape of the previously perfectly shaped bud on the right, the tallest one. They are all doing this on some level. Also looking like tomorrow or Wednesday is harvest day. Wow this plant is a Yieldasourus!

IMG_2249.jpeg

Or get a bag of AgSil 16 and make your own Pro-Tekt (aka Faux-Tekt™). Instructions in my signature or use this LINK

Or get a bag of AgSil 16 and make your own Pro-Tekt (aka Faux-Tekt™). Instructions in my signature or use this LINK
Cool, thanks @farside05!! I’m gonna check it out and hope it’s not too hard. Lol.

Cool, thanks @farside05!! I’m gonna check it out and hope it’s not too hard. Lol.

About as simple as it gets. Measure water, add water, measure powder, add powder to water. Stir.

Thanks for the reply!
Btw I am getting some Grower's Choice autos... By any chance have u ran Brain Damage, Cherry Zoap or XXL Forbidden Runtz? Want to get an idea on how big they get.
You rock!!

Thanks for the reply!
Btw I am getting some Grower's Choice autos... By any chance have u ran Brain Damage, Cherry Zoap or XXL Forbidden Runtz? Want to get an idea on how big they get.
You rock!!
Cool @FortuneSeeker ! Not the first two but yes, I grew the Forbidden Runtz XXL. It’s still big, but imho it didn’t deserve or earn the XXL title. She was tight and hard to defol. Had to stay on top of it. She gave me somewhere around 6 ounces if memory serves. Easy to grow except for the tightness. That was coco/PB in a 7. If you want the three guarantees in XXL land I’ve found so far, try the Watermelon Wedding Cake XXL, the Platinum Mimosa Cookies XXL, or the Blimburn Apple Fritter. You want yield? They’ll deliver I assure you. Quality too. The FR was tasty bud, and the kief is nice and fruity. Less than 90 start to finish.

Helpful?

Pink Rozay
Day 120
Harvest!

This plant will just keep growing if I let it. Some do. I’m going by trichomes and the fact that they’re plenty finished. She’s out. Longest auto I ever grew. Pics later.

I lied.

Here’s one set of pictures designed to make a point.

This is one complete branch off the Pink Rozay Auto.

This is a 1st node branch.

IMG_2271.jpeg

IMG_2272.jpeg

IMG_2273.jpeg
Congrates on another harvest Jon those buds look great

And here is that same branch, with a bit of it cut separated and wet trimmed.

Does anyone like super dense, very dank smelling, colorful buds?

This is not even the biggest bud on the branch.

See you guys later. Trim jail for a bit.

IMG_2274.jpeg

IMG_2275.jpeg

And here is that same branch, with a bit of it cut separated and wet trimmed.

Does anyone like super dense, very dank smelling, colorful buds?

This is not even the biggest bud on the branch.

See you guys later. Trim jail for a bit.

IMG_2274.jpeg

IMG_2275.jpeg
Last one: this is her counterpart branch from the more dominant first node branch. Even I can’t believe what I’m seeing.

IMG_2276.jpeg

IMG_2277.jpeg

For anyone who keeps a list of potential auto beasts to check out, please add the Pink Rozay from Blimburn to your list. They shoulda called it Yieldasaurus. She is an absolute superstar. I choose to believe I did not get lucky. This strain is amazing. And so fun. A keeper!

Back
Top Bottom