Jon's Sneak It In Auto Grow

Here’s the Pink Rozay haul. @Azimuth, I’m still mad at you for teaching me to bud wash. It takes fricking forever to finish hanging a damn plant.

IMG_2278.jpeg

IMG_2279.jpeg

Here’s the Pink Rozay haul. @Azimuth, I’m still mad at you for teaching me to bud wash. It takes fricking forever to finish hanging a damn plant.

IMG_2278.jpeg

IMG_2279.jpeg
I may actually use the damn bathtub to wash next time!!! Simply drain it twice and clean and refill as if it were a huge bucket. It would speed up the process considerably. @Azimuth, is that the world’s worst idea?

I may actually use the damn bathtub to wash next time!!! Simply drain it twice and clean and refill as if it were a huge bucket. It would speed up the process considerably. @Azimuth, is that the world’s worst idea?
What's washing the buds supposed to achieve, its new to me 🤔

Apple Fritter
The Ugly Yield Report

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

All I can do is laugh. Say hello to the ugliest bud I’ve ever grown. Lmao.

115 + 47 = 162 grams = 5.7 ounces.

Is it awesome? Nope. Is it decent? Yes. I’ll have tons of kief, it lost power and terps in my damage. Maybe 20-22% weed. Not nearly the 31% I might have gotten had I not F-ed this poor thing. The kief is somehow amazing. I don’t quite understand that.

We were at 31.2 ounces for the grow. Add 5.7 and we’re at 36.9 ounces with the Pink Rozay left. It’s not 13.1 ounces, lmao. I ain’t getting my 50. Maybe 42-43 though. I think the PR is an 8 ouncer or thereabouts. Not terrible for 8 autos.

IMG_2212.jpeg

IMG_2211.jpeg

IMG_2213.jpeg
Congrats on all the great harvests. Enjoy the smoke!

Here’s the rest of the Dos Si Dos. You can see clearly in this picture what I was referring to. Look at all that garbage. Lmao!!! But you can also see that anything that got light is super sweet. Heh.

IMG_1859.jpeg
Dammit now that is fat auto branching, I was already getting excited for mine, but that's not there yet although she's only in week three... but yeah now I see, you just do a top bend those a bit but the rest just goes as normal but fattens up thanks to the topping.. Must try, although I'm done with autos for a while want more veg control instead of trying to blow the plant up in matter of weeks.

Not at all. Would make cleaning groups of branches like you have there easier for sure. :thumb:

What's washing the buds supposed to achieve, its new to me 🤔
Ha! @Absorber - I’ll defer to Azi on this, but I’ll tell you if you do it once and see what’s really in your buds you won’t want to not do it again. It’s a bud wash. That’s all. New to me too. But the buckets get disgusting. I was so shocked you wouldn’t believe it. But there are three buckets in the method I’m using. With drip dry in between. Takes forever.

Nice haul Jon I like the box set up for drying your bud.
Me too! I got that off @InTheShed, who has an actual post about it somewhere where he shows you step by step. Not that it’s complicated obviously. It’s an easy way to create drying space. Mine have three rows deep.

Me too! I got that off @InTheShed, who has an actual post about it somewhere where he shows you step by step. Not that it’s complicated obviously. It’s an easy way to create drying space. Mine have three rows deep.
Sheds is the pro version. You should see if he can tell you where the post is. It’s cool. He goes off. Too much for me but he does it right for a cardboard dry.

Congrats on the great harvest Jon! That one set of branches is as big as your dining room. :eek:
But there are three buckets in the method I’m using. With drip dry in between. Takes forever.
What's the reason for drip drying in between? I do the second bucket as soon as I'm done washing in the first bucket.
Sheds is the pro version. You should see if he can tell you where the post is. It’s cool. He goes off. Too much for me but he does it right for a cardboard dry.
My drying box is pretty basic, and you can see the build here. @Carcass, on the other hand, has done the pro version with a carbon filter on top and an exhaust fan on a timer!

Congrats on the great harvest Jon! That one set of branches is as big as your dining room. :eek:

What's the reason for drip drying in between? I do the second bucket as soon as I'm done washing in the first bucket.

My drying box is pretty basic, and you can see the build here. @Carcass, on the other hand, has done the pro version with a carbon filter on top and an exhaust fan on a timer!
Thanks Shed! And I stand corrected! I have the rookie, Shed has the triple A version, and I guess Carcass has the professional model! Lol!

I don’t have it at hand, but Azi sent a link to 3 methods, all using various buckets and combos of the same stuff you use. But one of them suggested the drip in between. I said drip dry but all it is for me is a five or ten minute hang. They go on and off those shower curtain hooks by bucket. The time it takes to change out the bucket is all I do, not actual dry. That really would take forever. If memory serves, it was related to ensuring the entirety of the first is drained off the buds before the new dip. I tried two branches at a time but the buckets are too small at the top for me to lose my fear of trashing my outer trichs. Thus - the bathtub? Clean it, drain it, refill it each time? You could wash a whole plant!

I can't remember the last time anyone filled the bathtub in my house...probably back before my youngest could take showers, so 18-19 years ago? We're in drought country out here so I save that water for the hot tub. :)
Smart man…

For the love of good smoke! Pink Rozay is such a winner! It's like you have the magic touch Jon! Amazing!
Not for long @StoneOtter. I’m headed to the lab to learn how to get good at this. I see you there. As expected.

Dammit now that is fat auto branching, I was already getting excited for mine, but that's not there yet although she's only in week three... but yeah now I see, you just do a top bend those a bit but the rest just goes as normal but fattens up thanks to the topping.. Must try, although I'm done with autos for a while want more veg control instead of trying to blow the plant up in matter of weeks.
I get that completely. I feel the same way. Plus it’s so damn expensive to do coco all the time. I’ve had a blast with autos and they’re fun and easy. I’ll keep doing coco autos for yield. But I’m going all semi, then full, organic with every photo I grow.

I get that completely. I feel the same way. Plus it’s so damn expensive to do coco all the time. I’ve had a blast with autos and they’re fun and easy. I’ll keep doing coco autos for yield. But I’m going all semi, then full, organic with every photo I grow.
Btw - I believe my stems get pretty fat usually for a couple other reasons:
1. I begin blowing air on them and making them jiggle on like day three. This signals the stem to begin to defend itself from the wind. It does that by getting bigger, making more cells to stiffen the walls, etc. So from very early I trigger that response.
2. I try to stress an auto just a little constantly. In any number of ways. I feel this little constant stress makes the plant work harder and make bigger stems.
3. I use MSA religiously and although that’s more about the inside and plant processes, it’s by product is stiffer, better stemmage for one.

For what that’s worth.

Back
Top Bottom