Jon's Second Grow, First Grow Journal, Soil Grow Autos & Photoperiod

Your just amazing.
Bill
Lol. Thanks Bill. I honestly don't know where this grow would be were it not for the help I've gotten from folks like you on this forum. Truly team grow going on over here.

You could probably get a job selling miracle grow that's a damn fine looking plant for any setup IMO.

I stole your nematode idea and love them. It's like a pesticide you only have to apply once. I hate spraying my plants as it only seems to create problems but that's what I used to have to do to get rid of pests. No more spraying with the todes they seem to infect any bug in the vicinity. Too bad they only live in dirt.

Those would be some nice seeds to have from the looks of her. Liberty Haze x GDP should make some nice smoke on the potency side too (liquor is quicker right?).

Sorry @Jon I'll quit clogging up your thread with my idle chatter now :rofl::popcorn:

Nice trichs... I think I'm making out a little amber in there. That jelly bounced back real nice too. :slide:
No worries D. Not clogging up my anything. The journal goes where the journal goes. I learn as much from people having side conversations on my posts as I do from anything else. Keep it up.

Your just amazing.
Bill
Hey @Bill284, can you talk to me about some methodology a little bit? Regarding this Jelly Rancher and bringing her inside to bud at whatever point the tent is empty. So she went from 18/6 light cycle in the tent to whatever the light cycle is outside, maybe 13-14 hours of light a day then natural (starlight) night. Now (not now, but when it's ready) I bring her into the tent and I want her to bud. So I'm thinking the best thing to do is to first let her grow for two or three days on 18/6 in the tent before flipping her. This will give her that time to get adjusted to going back to LEDs after spending several weeks in the sun, and may have the effect of kind of "resetting" her schedule so that the flip to 12/12 is more dramatic to the plant than as if I just flipped from the 14 hours of sunlight to 12/12. Then flip her and bud her out. I have an extra screen too, the stretchy kind, that I can drop down on her and maybe even out the bud sites a bit in those two or three days and through the stretch. Not exactly a scrog per se, but solid, even support and good separation for the buds. Plus who knows through the stretch? The way this plant is growing I won't be surprised if she fills almost the whole tent.

Does that sound about right? I can't think of any other way to do it.

Thanks!

Hey @Bill284, can you talk to me about some methodology a little bit? Regarding this Jelly Rancher and bringing her inside to bud at whatever point the tent is empty. So she went from 18/6 light cycle in the tent to whatever the light cycle is outside, maybe 13-14 hours of light a day then natural (starlight) night. Now (not now, but when it's ready) I bring her into the tent and I want her to bud. So I'm thinking the best thing to do is to first let her grow for two or three days on 18/6 in the tent before flipping her. This will give her that time to get adjusted to going back to LEDs after spending several weeks in the sun, and may have the effect of kind of "resetting" her schedule so that the flip to 12/12 is more dramatic to the plant than as if I just flipped from the 14 hours of sunlight to 12/12. Then flip her and bud her out. I have an extra screen too, the stretchy kind, that I can drop down on her and maybe even out the bud sites a bit in those two or three days and through the stretch. Not exactly a scrog per se, but solid, even support and good separation for the buds. Plus who knows through the stretch? The way this plant is growing I won't be surprised if she fills almost the whole tent.

Does that sound about right? I can't think of any other way to do it.

Thanks!
Hey @Jon how are you my friend.
If I were bringing her inside I wouldn't screw around with18/6.
I'd bring her in give her 36 hrs of dark to activate flower then go straight 12/12.
Then you can screen her as she stretches into the mesh.
If she can take sun shine she can handle LED,s IMO.
Be careful you don't bring pests on her into your grow.
Thats what I would do.
Does that sound good.
Bill.

Hey @Jon how are you my friend.
If I were bringing her inside I wouldn't screw around with18/6.
I'd bring her in give her 36 hrs of dark to activate flower then go straight 12/12.
Then you can screen her as she stretches into the mesh.
If she can take sun shine she can handle LED,s IMO.
Be careful you don't bring pests on her into your grow.
Thats what I would do.
Does that sound good.
Bill.
Actually I like that better than my idea. Thanks. Yeah, cuz she's ready to go to flower right fricking now if I had a place to bud her out. Lol. Great idea.

Actually I like that better than my idea. Thanks. Yeah, cuz she's ready to go to flower right fricking now if I had a place to bud her out. Lol. Great idea.
Actually I was kind of wondering WHY they don't start budding when they go to 14 from 18? If she was in the tent and I went 18 to 14 wouldn't she start budding? Or is 12 the magic "get going" number and anything longer they stay vegging?

Actually I was kind of wondering WHY they don't start budding when they go to 14 from 18? If she was in the tent and I went 18 to 14 wouldn't she start budding? Or is 12 the magic "get going" number and anything longer they stay vegging?
Read a couple threads Help my plants are flowing. From April :thedoubletake:
Probably half a dozen in can think of.
18/6 then went outside too early 9-10-11 hrs darkness and they all flipped.
California is visible from space with all the growers lighting up their back yards now.
Rule of thumb 12 hrs of darkness at any point will build up the chemical in her to start the flowering process. Going back and forth could cause a hermie.
But here i go off topic.
So yes 12 is the magic number but I don't screw around with that.
I give my girls whats called twilight.
Shut down all lights but one low watt led.
Never quite dark enough to start producing the flowering chemical.
But dark enough they can relax and catch their breath.
Then lights on no chemical build up to start flower at all ever.
Shut them in for 36 hrs then 12-12 - party time ;)
Bill

Read a couple threads Help my plants are flowing. From April :thedoubletake:
Probably half a dozen in can think of.
18/6 then went outside too early 9-10-11 hrs darkness and they all flipped.
California is visible from space with all the growers lighting up their back yards now.
Rule of thumb 12 hrs of darkness at any point will build up the chemical in her to start the flowering process. Going back and forth could cause a hermie.
But here i go off topic.
So yes 12 is the magic number but I don't screw around with that.
I give my girls whats called twilight.
Shut down all lights but one low watt led.
Never quite dark enough to start producing the flowering chemical.
But dark enough they can relax and catch their breath.
Then lights on no chemical build up to start flower at all ever.
Shut them in for 36 hrs then 12-12 - party time ;)
Bill
Twilight? What is this sorcery? :)

Twilight? What is this sorcery? :)
TWILIGHT
Awful movie.
But one of the big companies in so-cal has been doing research on it.
Can't remember name sorry.
I used to run veg room 24/7 before.
Now I shut down all my lights in veg room. Then this 1000 watt Amazon special comes on.
I disconnected one side. So 50 true watts say.
Just enough to prevent chemical production for flowering.
But it gives them a rest. Relax hang out chat wit Waldo. Who may be lost in the jungle some where. So running them full steam 24/7 isn't best case practice.
This is working quite well .every other day 4-6 hrs is what I'm experimenting with now. I'll keep you updated, but its helping so far.
Thats what I need isn't it .
More plants that grow faster.:rofl:
Bill

TWILIGHT
Awful movie.
But one of the big companies in so-cal has been doing research on it.
Can't remember name sorry.
I used to run veg room 24/7 before.
Now I shut down all my lights in veg room. Then this 1000 watt Amazon special comes on.
I disconnected one side. So 50 true watts say.
Just enough to prevent chemical production for flowering.
But it gives them a rest. Relax hang out chat wit Waldo. Who may be lost in the jungle some where. So running them full steam 24/7 isn't best case practice.
This is working quite well .every other day 4-6 hrs is what I'm experimenting with now. I'll keep you updated, but its helping so far.
Thats what I need isn't it .
More plants that grow faster.:rofl:
Bill
What do you think about the thought of moving the autos outside to finish however they finish and bringing the beast in to start budding now? How bad would that hurt the autos do you think? It would cut their light cycle down from 22/2.

What do you think about the thought of moving the autos outside to finish however they finish and bringing the beast in to start budding now? How bad would that hurt the autos do you think? It would cut their light cycle down from 22/2.
I just talked to another member who asked how to do that.
I think its a good idea. They going to finish regardless so I don't think sunshine is going to slow that process. Could even be good for it.
Are you Going to keep it in its pot? @Jon
Bill

I just talked to another member who asked how to do that.
I think its a good idea. They going to finish regardless so I don't think sunshine is going to slow that process. Could even be good for it.
Are you Going to keep it in its pot? @Jon
Bill
Well, Mother Nature just threw a wrench into the plan. I just woke up and checked the outside plant, and guess what? The goddamn thing is budding. Check out the pictures.

So NOW what do I do?

Options, and these are the only two I can think of:

- Leave the plant outside to bud. Problem with that is that the days are getting longer. The plant may get confused and go hermie. That's what I would expect to happen if I leave it outside. But I honestly don't know.
- Switch the autos to outdoors and let them finish and move the plant into the tent TODAY, and when the lights go out at around when it would get dark outside, 8, say, put them on a 12/12, 8 to 8 in this example, since that's approximately what they've been getting naturally.

I think two is the only option. This Jelly Rancher has more value to me by itself than the entire tent of autos put together. No brainer, right? Move them out, switch in the plant?

HELP!!!!

Damn budding.jpg

More budding.jpg

Well, Mother Nature just threw a wrench into the plan. I just woke up and checked the outside plant, and guess what? The goddamn thing is budding. Check out the pictures.

So NOW what do I do?

Options, and these are the only two I can think of:

- Leave the plant outside to bud. Problem with that is that the days are getting longer. The plant may get confused and go hermie. That's what I would expect to happen if I leave it outside. But I honestly don't know.
- Switch the autos to outdoors and let them finish and move the plant into the tent TODAY, and when the lights go out at around when it would get dark outside, 8, say, put them on a 12/12, 8 to 8 in this example, since that's approximately what they've been getting naturally.

I think two is the only option. This Jelly Rancher has more value to me by itself than the entire tent of autos put together. No brainer, right? Move them out, switch in the plant?

HELP!!!!

Damn budding.jpg

More budding.jpg
If you reveg it the thing will never fit back in the house.
Autos out move her in. :thumb:
Bill

Outdoor Jelly Rancher Update

I woke up to a budding plant. CRAP. Not what I wanted to see. So now I guess I have a decision to make. Do I leave this girl to bud outside? The days are getting longer, not shorter. I can see her getting confused and ending up hermie. Or, do I move the remaining autos to finish on the back porch where the JR is now and put her into the tent on 12/12 to bud? How bad will putting the autos outside and suddenly going from 22/2 to say 15/9 hurt them and compromise them?

Any input on this is greatly appreciated. I honestly have no idea what to do.

If anyone wants to try and tell me this plant is NOT budding, I'm all ears. But I don't think that's the case.

buds.jpg

Damn budding.jpg

More budding.jpg

If you reveg it the thing will never fit back in the house.
Autos out move her in. :thumb:
Bill
Yup I agree. She's already gonna be hard to get in the tent. Also, I guess I should release all her bonds and drop a screen on her? Hell, since she's budding, she will not stretch, right? I guess the stretch is what I was just dealing with and didn't realize it?

Yup I agree. She's already gonna be hard to get in the tent. Also, I guess I should release all her bonds and drop a screen on her? Hell, since she's budding, she will not stretch, right? I guess the stretch is what I was just dealing with and didn't realize it?
She probably has a few days of stretch left in her.
A screen will help align her under the light.
She is beautiful.
Bill

She is beautiful.
Bill
Thank you Bill. You're a lifesaver. This plant has great value to me. She's survived so much already and I finally have her to a state as close to perfection as I'm ever going to have. Now she wants to bud. But she is a beautiful plant with a lot of bud sites and a fairly even natural canopy. I think she's a half pound plant at least. Especially by herself to play in the tent with unlimited space. Guess we'll see how she likes budding under a new, relatively cheap quantum board and two blurples on veg/bloom. This grow gets more interesting by the day, I must say. Thanks again man.

She is beautiful.
Bill
I could see from inside the house looking outside at the plant as I approached it from the living room that something was up. Every single day I woke up and did this and the plant was visibly taller from a distance. Today I could see immediately that she hadn't moved one iota overnight. So I was like, uh oh, now what. Lmao.

Back
Top Bottom