Junior Grower First Time

Day 11, still looks good, temperature 30 celcius, 61% humidity.

Just started to germinate 2 white widow auto.

This time I start on small pot, lesson learned. If sprout come out I'm gonna start another journal.

I'm running 2 journals, but only so I could make the Herbies Bulk plants more searchable. That aside, maintaining 2 journals is messy b/c you always want to keep all your peeps current on all things, and if all aren't subbed to both, you'll only get half the feedback. For me, it's like having 2 sets of friends with very few crossovers.

I'm running 2 journals, but only so I could make the Herbies Bulk plants more searchable. That aside, maintaining 2 journals is messy b/c you always want to keep all your peeps current on all things, and if all aren't subbed to both, you'll only get half the feedback. For me, it's like having 2 sets of friends with very few crossovers.

I can save another journal for later, just combine the 2 new seeds into this same journal then.

I can save another journal for later, just combine the 2 new seeds into this same journal then.

I wasn't trying to deter you, just provide perspective. That's just my opinion about growing multiple plants at the same time.

With the elevated RH and the general appearance of the plant, I suggest refrain from watering till the true leaves reach up towards the light and the soil dries back out again. It might take a day or more, but already she looks over watered which might mean that soil doesn't drain well.

set a small fan to LOW and have it blow across the top of the pot. Some gentle pulses of air movement will bring the seed fresh CO2 while whisking away some RH off the dirt.

Edit - the downward droop is the sign for over watering. I'm confident your plant will survive, but because you're in soil, everything reacts slower so it will be days before she bounces back. Maybe commit to not watering for a couple days while actively trying to assist drying of the dirt, then when you do water again, only a little tiny bit every other day, or once every 3 days.

the soil composition might not be all that great, and if the drainage is not good, this is what it will be like until you grow the roots out enough to deplete the water rapidly from uptake. Let these experiences teach you not to be too eager to pot up, and when you do pot up, to recognize that your watering habits need to change to account for the added volume of dirt that don't have roots in it to drink out the water. In potted hydro, this is much less of a concern, but in soil, you have to cater to such things. Once the roots are more robust, the plant can drink out the water quicker, and the speed the water is depleted is how you gauge how robust your root zone is.

Grower, what country are you in? Knowing that would help your readers know what kinds of suggestions to make, or products to recommend.

the soil composition might not be all that great, and if the drainage is not good, this is what it will be like until you grow the roots out enough to deplete the water rapidly from uptake. Let these experiences teach you not to be too eager to pot up, and when you do pot up, to recognize that your watering habits need to change to account for the added volume of dirt that don't have roots in it to drink out the water. In potted hydro, this is much less of a concern, but in soil, you have to cater to such things. Once the roots are more robust, the plant can drink out the water quicker, and the speed the water is depleted is how you gauge how robust your root zone is.

Grower, what country are you in? Knowing that would help your readers know what kinds of suggestions to make, or products to recommend.

I already watered the plant before I update journal yesterday. Thats why the plant droop.

10ml is probably too much for big pot and humidity, I am actually in Hong Kong. Feel so insecure to expose my location on internet, lol.

I am sorry for asking, and I almost started to preface my question to say that if you would answer that way, to not answer at all for your safety. To be honest, you might wish to create a new account and journal just to be safe? If I were you, I would. I have learned about the pressure your people live with when I got into 3D printing, and how the various manufacturers over there are always pressured to maintain perfect reputations on the internet to the extent that one bad review online might translate to someone on the other side of Earth losing their freedom for a while.

I am sorry for asking, and I almost started to preface my question to say that if you would answer that way, to not answer at all for your safety. To be honest, you might wish to create a new account and journal just to be safe? If I were you, I would. I have learned about the pressure your people live with when I got into 3D printing, and how the various manufacturers over there are always pressured to maintain perfect reputations on the internet to the extent that one bad review online might translate to someone on the other side of Earth losing their freedom for a while.

I probably just delete the comment not the account. Honestly if they want to trace me they can do it without my previous comment. The main reason I take risk to grow this plant is to cure my dad's Alzheimer's disease. Doctor's drug are useless. Hope I stay low and safe. *Peace*

I hope you planned ahead and have adequate carbon filtration to cleanse your exhaust of odors because these are severely stinky plants, otherwise you'll be like a leper in a nudist colony.

Day 14, it still looks bad, and it's color are so light it almost like yellow.

If this is overwatered droop, how long will this sign gone? Is it some nutrient deficiency?

Day 14, it still looks bad, and it's color are so light it almost like yellow.

If this is overwatered droop, how long will this sign gone? Is it some nutrient deficiency?

It is impossible for seedlings to get a deficiency because they only get nourishment from the cotyledons until the roots are grown and some foliage to photosynthesize. Once those 2 systems are operational, the plant can take from the media and get to growing, but initially, they only take from the cotyledons and only water is needed.

Also, being in soil, you don't want additional nutrients to be your primary goal. Soil is supposed to have all the basic needs therein. W/o knowing the contents of the soil you're using, I don't think anybody will be able to advise right away and since it's easier to correct a deficiency than a toxicity/lockout, it's better to wait for visible deficiencies to begin considering ways to correct that. Over time you'll gain knowledge of what your soil is lacking and ways to improve it, or how to amend it before using on future plants. I hope you've subscribed to journals of other organic growers. It's best to have fast access to the kind of people that can advise you how to remedy problems naturally. Without knowing what other options are readily available there, I just assume you will always need or prefer a natural remedy.

Growing in soil is actually pretty difficult, especially if someone doesn’t already have gardening experience.

If you get frustrated with soil, I would encourage you to check out passive hydroponics with an inert medium, like perlite.

Hempy Headquarters

It is impossible for seedlings to get a deficiency because they only get nourishment from the cotyledons until the roots are grown and some foliage to photosynthesize. Once those 2 systems are operational, the plant can take from the media and get to growing, but initially, they only take from the cotyledons and only water is needed.

Also, being in soil, you don't want additional nutrients to be your primary goal. Soil is supposed to have all the basic needs therein. W/o knowing the contents of the soil you're using, I don't think anybody will be able to advise right away and since it's easier to correct a deficiency than a toxicity/lockout, it's better to wait for visible deficiencies to begin considering ways to correct that. Over time you'll gain knowledge of what your soil is lacking and ways to improve it, or how to amend it before using on future plants. I hope you've subscribed to journals of other organic growers. It's best to have fast access to the kind of people that can advise you how to remedy problems naturally. Without knowing what other options are readily available there, I just assume you will always need or prefer a natural remedy.

Noted, think that wait is all i can do now.

I also curious on the temperature now, although I got osc fan blowing wind for them 24/7, the temperature here is 31 celsius day time, i read multiple post says that its better to keep plants at 26 celsius, do you think the relative high temperature affect plants?

Noted, think that wait is all i can do now.

I also curious on the temperature now, although I got osc fan blowing wind for them 24/7, the temperature here is 31 celsius day time, i read multiple post says that its better to keep plants at 26 celsius, do you think the relative high temperature affect plants?

Plants like what we like. If we think it's too hot or humid for us, it's the same for them. If it's within your ability to make the environment ideal, do so, but don't worry if you can't. As to breeze/wind, for seedlings, you don't want them getting direct fan wind for about 2-3 weeks unless your humidity is above 70%. Turn off the oscillating function and aim the fan at the wall like 30-50 CM away from the plant. The wind will bounce off the wall and create gentle pulses of moving air across the young seedling. You'll know when you got that right based upon how much movement the seedlings do. You want them to be slightly wiggling. If you accidentally over water and need to blow the fan at the dirt, put up a deflector to cut the air and protect the plant, but otherwise just aim the fan near the seedling, but not on it.

Back
Top Bottom