Headroom Incident By Gwhunran 2022

Headroom Incident
Day 60 since flip

Afternoon check, everything operating normally.

Fresh CO2 bucket today.

Tomorrow is reservoir change day. I had planned on another week of "Late Flower" nutes but have decided to use "Ripen" nutes, as I think another week of nutes followed by flush will take them to the finish line.

HI Day 60 flower (1).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 60 flower

HI Day 60 flower (2).JPG

HI Day 60 flower (3).JPG

HI Day 60 flower (4).JPG

HI Day 60 flower (5).JPG

HI Day 60 flower (6).JPG

HI Day 60 flower (7).JPG

Headroom Incident
Day 61 since flip.

Afternoon check, everything running normally.

Reservoir change day.
Added recommended amounts of GH three part liquid nutes for 18gal in "Ripen."
Added 35ml KoolBloom. Decreased amount of CalMag+ from 60ml to 30ml.
PHed to 5.5-6.0

Next res. change will be flush.

HI Day 61 flower (1).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 61 flower.

HI Day 61 flower (4).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 61 flower

HI Day 61 flower (10).JPG

HI Day 61 flower (2).JPG

HI Day 61 flower (3).JPG

HI Day 61 flower (7).JPG

HI Day 61 flower (8).JPG

I received the pvc four way fittings that were ordered to change my screen frame for next season to 2 levels. I ordered four for each side. One side 1/2" the other 3/4". They sent 32 of each. :oops: The transaction emails show the correct charges. I've emailed them, asking for advice.:rolleyes:

Headroom Incident
Day 62 since flip.

Morning check everything running 4.0

Cut a smaller piece of stalk this morning to get a better look and start a piece drying for early smoke test. This little bud smells like pine/fuel kinda like pine-sol. One of the strains forebears is Sour Diesel. For those that have grown it does it smell anything like this.
I'll have to re-verify which plant this one came off, for future reference.

DSCN3009 (2).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 62 flower. Early cut for inspection.

DSCN3010 (2).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 62 flower. Early cut for inspection.

Headroom Incident
Day 63 since flip.

Morning check, everything running 4.0

The buds are continuing to mature. Some of the buds are still throwing pistils but I still think they will be done within two weeks.

HI Day 63 flower (1).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 63 flower

HI Day 63 flower (2).JPG

HI Day 63 flower (3).JPG

HI Day 63 flower (5).JPG

HI Day 63 flower (6).JPG

HI Day 63 flower (4).JPG

HI Day 63 flower (8).JPG

Headroom Incident
Day 64 since flip.

Everything operating normally.

No pictures today.

I received the de-humidifier just before my evening check, so I had to get it running.

As I sit here looking at the readings from my sensors, the de-humidifier is dropping the rh over 30% constantly It's only been running a few hours. I'm anxious to see my readings right before lights on with room at it's coolest.
Thnks @LKABudMan. Running the Midea model no pump and using the tank.

Headroom Incident
Day 65 since flip

Looking at the temp./humidty sensors this morning before lights on and was able to watch the humidity start to rise as the tank in the de-humidifier reached full and switched off. So, I should be able to empty the tank first thing in the morning and last thing before lights out and it should run without shutting off or only be off less than 30 minutes.
It's doing a great job of keeping the rh in the right spot.

I'm getting a lot of purple with this strain too. Might have to put some pics on @Bill284 purple thread. This will be two strains showing purple in a row. Didn't plan on it.

HI Day 65 flower (1).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 65 flower

HI Day 65 flower (2).JPG

HI Day 65 flower (3).JPG

HI Day 65 flower (6).JPG

HI Day 65 flower (4).JPG

HI Day 65 flower (5).JPG

DSCN3039 (2).JPG

DSCN3040 (2).JPG

Thanks Mel.

I've got at least two different phenos going here. One has very little purple but the buds are fatter. The pheno/phenos with the thinner buds seem to have more of a piney fuel smell. :hmmmm:

Beautiful buds :yummy: Glad the dehumidifier is working out for you.

Beautiful buds :yummy: Glad the dehumidifier is working out for you.
I think it's also putting a little heat in the room. Can't tell during lights on with the ACs but at lights out the room is staying warmer. It touched 39F outside last night but didn't get below 69F in the rooms. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It definitely puts out a little heat. 1-2f in my space, not much.

Headroom Incident
Day 65 since flip

Looking at the temp./humidty sensors this morning before lights on and was able to watch the humidity start to rise as the tank in the de-humidifier reached full and switched off. So, I should be able to empty the tank first thing in the morning and last thing before lights out and it should run without shutting off or only be off less than 30 minutes.
It's doing a great job of keeping the rh in the right spot.

I'm getting a lot of purple with this strain too. Might have to put some pics on @Bill284 purple thread. This will be two strains showing purple in a row. Didn't plan on it.

HI Day 65 flower (1).JPG

HI Day 65 flower (2).JPG

HI Day 65 flower (3).JPG

HI Day 65 flower (6).JPG

HI Day 65 flower (4).JPG

HI Day 65 flower (5).JPG

DSCN3039 (2).JPG

DSCN3040 (2).JPG

Great colors. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

It definitely puts out a little heat. 1-2f in my space, not much.
I believe it's a little more in my space. I've been tracking the before lights on temps for a couple of weeks to get an idea of when to hook the elec. radiator heater on an Inkbird up.
Before the de-humidifier my just before lights on temps differential was 16-17F about 8C between outside ambient temps. and inside the grow room.
The last two mornings with the de-humidifier running my temp differential has been 28-30F difference.
Outside 41F and 44F. Inside 71F and 72F. (15C difference)

Headroom Incident
Day 66 since flip.

Morning check everything running normally.

I was able to dump the water from the de-humidifier before it shut itself off with a full tank this morning. I believe that if I empty it soon after lights on and right before light off, I can keep the tank from filling up and shutting off.

Another thing I've noticed since running the de-humidifier is that the plants are drinking about twice as much as before. I will top the reservoir up on my morning check as well as the afternoon check. I used to just top up in the evening.
I am concerned that the extra drinking will cause nute burn since I am at the maximum recommended nute amounts. So far they seem okay.

They are going to straight water on the next res. change.

HI Day 66 flower.JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 66 flower.

Headroom Incident
Day 66 since flip.

Morning check everything running normally.

I was able to dump the water from the de-humidifier before it shut itself off with a full tank this morning. I believe that if I empty it soon after lights on and right before light off, I can keep the tank from filling up and shutting off.

Another thing I've noticed since running the de-humidifier is that the plants are drinking about twice as much as before. I will top the reservoir up on my morning check as well as the afternoon check. I used to just top up in the evening.
I am concerned that the extra drinking will cause nute burn since I am at the maximum recommended nute amounts. So far they seem okay.

They are going to straight water on the next res. change.

HI Day 66 flower.JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 66 flower.
If the nutrients didn't burn them before it shouldn't now.
Dropping rh improved your vpd.
I used to run about 1.2 in flower.
Maximize nutrient uptake to improve growth and strength of your girls.
How is your nitrogen levels?
I usually like to reduce nitrogen a little by now.
I noticed the color is very dark. :Namaste:
Just a thought.
Have a great day my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Bill284 said:
If the nutrients didn't burn them before it shouldn't now.
Dropping rh improved your vpd.
I used to run about 1.2 in flower.
Maximize nutrient uptake to improve growth and strength of your girls.
How is your nitrogen levels?
I usually like to reduce nitrogen a little by now.
I noticed the color is very dark. :Namaste:

I hope your right Bill. I was mainly going by something I read a long time ago about the plants taking in more from the roots with low humidity, and not much from the air. In high humdity, a lower amount from the roots the rest from the air, so less nutrients.
If I am using the recommended maximum nutes and they start drinking more, plus the decreasing level in the reservoir is making the remainder in the reservoir a higher nute concentration.
They aren't showing any new signs of nute burn. The leaf tips were already that way.

The General Hydroponics nute chart, starts decreasing the amounts of N from Mid Bloom and by Ripen they are only getting whatever N that's contained in the Micro liquid. I've also cut the CalMag+ in half on the last res. change as it's adding N as well.

The Panama is a greater concern as it still has a way to go. The Headroom Incident is close to harvest. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom