Headroom Incident By Gwhunran 2022

Headroom Incident, feminized, photoperiod
Planted four seeds, four days ago in rapid rooter cubes.
Misted the cubes and misted the tray and closed dome.
Sitting on a heat mat set to 75F. The tent is ventilated. Lights are 4' T12s on a 16hr lights on schedule.

Today all four have sprouted. Misted the cubes.
Removed the dome.

These seedlings will continue to be grown in this tent until enough roots are established to move to 6" net pots with clay pebbles and put into a DIY bubbler tupperware in a smaller tent with 4 bulb 2' T5 and grown out until the flood and drain tray becomes available. Currently running Hawaii Maui Waui day 40 since flip.
So I should have a month at least until the tray becomes available.

I am intrigued by this strains genetics.
Neville G13, Pineapple C99, and Sour Diesel

HI 4 out of 4 (1).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day four since planting four seeds, all sprouted.

I start my seeds the same way, no cup of water or paper towels, just right into the rooter cube. Nice start, they're looking good.

Headroom Incident
Day 4 above ground, veg. 16on/8 off light schedule

Moved the four seedlings in rapid rooter cubes into the DIY Tupperware for 6" net pots.
Added clay pebbles to 6" net pots to the target water level of the Tupperware.
Mixed up General Hydroponics 3part liquid nutes at recommended amounts for Seedlings in one gallon increments. Also PHed water to 5.5-6.0.
Added water to tupperware and it took 3 gallons of prepared Seedling water to reach desired level.
Took seedling cubes and holding them in place on top of pebbles in net pot then topped up with clay pebbles.
Roots are already suspended in nutrient water.

These plants will be vegged in the tupperware until my tray opens up in the Flood and Drain. About a month from now.

HI Day 2 veg (1).JPG

6" net pots with pebbles to target water level.

HI Day 2 veg (2).JPG

1st Headroom Incident seedling added to net pot and topped up with clay pebbles.

HI Day 2 veg (3).JPG

2nd Headroom Incident seedling added to net pot and topped up with clay pebbles

HI Day 2 veg (4).JPG

3rd Headroom Incident seedling added to net pot and topped up with clay pebbles

HI Day 2 veg (5).JPG

All 4 Headroom Incident seedlings in DIY tupperware with nuted ph'd water on a 16/8 light cycle. They will live here for about a month.

I love those rapid rooter cubes. Your setup looks great. You're going to leave them in there for a month? It should be tight in there by then ;)

I love those rapid rooter cubes. Your setup looks great. You're going to leave them in there for a month? It should be tight in there by then ;)
I've found the cubes to be almost foolproof. It's best if you can keep the original bag sealed to keep them moist. But I have re-moistened some that had dried out and they worked fine. I try and use those for less important crops. :cool:

At the end of the month the Hawaii Maui Waui will be 70 days in flower, so I'm hoping my estimate is right. I've got two more spaces for a total of six in the tupperware, so I can spread them a little if need be. I don't remember any of my plants getting that big in a month from seed.:hmmmm::cheesygrinsmiley:

For some reason, I couldn't get the rapid rooters to ship to my address. I never figured out why. I ended up with the EZ-gro plugs, which look like the same thing but they're not pre-moistened. I actually prefer that, as they should last longer as long as I keep them dry. I just take one out and soak it in a weak clonex solution before using. And I agree about being foolproof, I've had 100% germination using them with no pre-soaking or paper towels.

I know on my current grow I thought 4-6 weeks in DWC would be no problem. Now, these were clones not seeds. However, by day 28 they had completely filled my 32x32 tent. But, I'm sure you have plenty of room ;) I'm looking forward to following along.

For some reason, I couldn't get the rapid rooters to ship to my address. I never figured out why. I ended up with the EZ-gro plugs, which look like the same thing but they're not pre-moistened. I actually prefer that, as they should last longer as long as I keep them dry. I just take one out and soak it in a weak clonex solution before using. And I agree about being foolproof, I've had 100% germination using them with no pre-soaking or paper towels.

I know on my current grow I thought 4-6 weeks in DWC would be no problem. Now, these were clones not seeds. However, by day 28 they had completely filled my 32x32 tent. But, I'm sure you have plenty of room ;) I'm looking forward to following along.
I was watching that thread, I seemed to have missed it for awhile. :rolleyes: I remember the pics from when you first moved them. I was pretty amazed at the size of them but you managed to tame them.:goof:

I think I should have let the Hawaii Maui Waui grow a few nodes past the screen before tying them down. It might not have stayed so compact.
The Vanilla Kush spread out more normally on the screen and now is mostly going vertical.

Headroom Incident
Day 9 since seeds broke the surface. veg. 16hour on/ 8 hour off
6 days in the tuperware with water PHed and nuted for seedlings.

HI Day 9 veg (1).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 9 since sprout broke the surface of the root riot cube.

HI Day 9 veg (2).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 9 since sprouts broke the surface of the root riot cube.

Headroom Incident
Day 14 since sprout
Changed the water in the tupperware yesterday. Upped the nute concentration to 50% of recommended amounts for GH 3 part liquid nutes for Early Growth. Phed water to 5.5-6.0.

HI 14 days sprouted.JPG

Headroom Incident
Day 14 since sprout
Changed the water in the tupperware yesterday. Upped the nute concentration to 50% of recommended amounts for GH 3 part liquid nutes for Early Growth. Phed water to 5.5-6.0.

HI 14 days sprouted.JPG
Doubled the size in 3 days....I call that a healthy group of ladies :headbanger:

Headroom Incident
Day 17 since sprout

No changes to environment. Just growing and waiting on the Hawaii Maui Waui to finish and take their spot in the tray.

In the Flood and Drain room.
I will be lowering the screen height to 9" and making a slight adjustment to light position over the tray. Moving in direction of the tray's front.

HI Day 17 veg.JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 17 since sprout. Getting a head start on flood and drain tray

They don't look as good at day thirty as they did at day 21
Why do you think that is? They almost look like they're not getting enough O2, or possibly a problem with the roots.

Why do you think that is? They almost look like they're not getting enough O2, or possibly a problem with the roots.
The roots are not exploding. I hope they change in the tray. It may just take a little longer in veg.

Headroom Incident
Day 32 since sprout, veg

Moved into the flood and drain tray today as the Hawaii Maui Waui was havested. I'm just taking a break from thimming.
I will post new information about the room and system in the next post. Gotta get back to trimming.

HI Day 32 veg (2).JPG

Headroom Incident, Day 32 since sprout. veg.

Back
Top Bottom