LKABudMan Back In Deep Water: 4 Purple Haze Clones In RDWC

That box makes me anxious and excited... What do the girls do when competition is ass-to-crotch up in the club? Do they just rise up in harmony? Or Is it the Highlander up in there, and there can be only 1? A 2-on-2 turf war for dominance? Anyone taking wagers?

They will become ONE… :meditate:
Well @Grandpa Tokin they are trying :) My trimming shears may have something to say about that though.
That box makes me anxious and excited... What do the girls do when competition is ass-to-crotch up in the club? Do they just rise up in harmony? Or Is it the Highlander up in there, and there can be only 1? A 2-on-2 turf war for dominance? Anyone taking wagers?
@RedskinnedRhino Jolt is in the lead right now but I don't see her taking it all. If it's a 2-on-2 turf war give me Joan and Jazz. Sure, they're a bit smaller right now but they are scrappy!
Plants do compete and attempt domination over one another. And a plant that is given plenty of room to grow will almost always be bigger than one that is constrained.
Understood @FelipeBlu I knew this was going to be tight, just not this tight. I'm still hoping they grow up more than out. And hopefully they'll have a bit of room to spread out when they get to the 4x4.

Date: 3/11/22 - Day 27 in buckets
Strain - Purple Haze photo clones x 4
Light height and reading - Viparspectra P2500 @ 65% 10" away - >40k LUX
Medium - 8" Netpots with clay balls in 5g buckets (DWC)
Nutrients - Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect M+G+B, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Grow space - 32x32x60 grow tent
Extraction - 4" Mars Hydro variable speed fan on medium
6" Oscillating fan x 2
Weekly Temperatures

I'm trying to keep humidity on the low side for a couple of reasons. The main reason is that, in DWC, there's a bucket of water under the plant that tends to keep the plant more humid than the tent in general. The other is that the tent is getting quite crowded and I don't want mildew or excessive sweating. VPD seems low but these girls are growing quickly.

I'm still ramping up the nutes a liter at a time. Well, for Jolt its 2+ liters at a time. They're all eating and drinking really well. The pH is staying in a good range, as long as I add a bit of pH down whenever I feed them. The solution still looks & smells good. The bennies are doing their job. I have one bucket (Jazz) getting a bit off from the others but I will fix that today.

The roots are still looking good. You can see in these shots how the plants are growing UP instead of OUT.

I'm still not sure if this is going to work. This tent filled up quickly. There is more room up top, but the plants are wall-to-wall and touching each other. At this point there is nowhere to go but up!

The stems and fan leaves are HUGE on these girls. I am wondering if I inadvertently created some kind of gigantism?!?

Even the bottom branches seem to have reached and stretched to the top of the canopy. I can't believe with no fimming or topping how many buds are at the top of this canopy. I still have at least two more weeks with these plants in this tent. I'm wondering if I should clip some clones just in case this doesn't work out. Then again, what's the worst that can happen? I may have to do some serious pruning? For now I'm going to just keep feeding these girls and see what happens :)

Happy Growing.

Date: 3/13/22 - Day 29 in buckets
Strain - Purple Haze photo clones x 4
Light height and reading - Viparspectra P2500 @ 85% 14" away - >45k LUX
Medium - 8" Netpots with clay balls in 5g buckets (DWC)
Nutrients - Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect M+G+B, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, Hydroguard, z7
Water - Carbon-filtered well water (100ppm)
Grow space - 32x32x60 grow tent
Extraction - 4" Mars Hydro variable speed fan on medium
6" Oscillating fan x 2
Weekly Temperatures

The heat stopped working last night, the coldest night in a while. Got it working today and the plants didn't get too cold.

It's been busy here the last couple of days and I hadn't checked them for a few days. They took it well but were ready for some nutes today. Jolt was almost a gallon down. I took an extra 1200ml out of Jazz and replaced with full-strength, bringing her back in line with the others.

I also had to move the light up. Since the adjustable hangers were as high as they go I had to remove them and just attach to the frame. I still have a bit more room to go.

It's definitely crowded in there but they're still doing good. They have longer internodal spacing which leaves a lot of room inside for airflow. And I can still see the light from the bottom of the tent. Barely.

They're definitely ready for the big tent. Unfortunately that tent is not ready for them. At least not for another week or two. I have started setting up the new RDWC system. More to come on that.

My older kids are coming over for the wife's birthday today. Good food and games will be had by all. And weed ;) I also get to meet my daughters new boyfriend today. Always fun! Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend.

Happy Growing.

Your toys are the tits. I'm fully peanutbutter and Jelly... my shops too crowded for more treasures. So tight, If I put a tic tac in my pocket I have to crabwalk to my toolbox so i don't snag a handle...

Why I had to upgrade bro. More organized now. So much makes life better. I feel ya.
I really like your setup @7Dust2 I like the clone and mother spots in your tent. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Your toys are the tits. I'm fully peanutbutter and Jelly... my shops too crowded for more treasures. So tight, If I put a tic tac in my pocket I have to crabwalk to my toolbox so i don't snag a handle...
Thanks @RedskinnedRhino A year ago I had six people living here and the basement was my kids band practice room. They moved back out in September and took (most) of their stuff with them. Now we get to fill back up some of that space ;)

I really like your setup @7Dust2 I like the clone and mother spots in your tent. Can't wait to see what you do with it.
I do wish the veg and clone side was bigger like maybe ft wider but it works . I'm going down to 1 gallon pots. To save room. Then two weeks before flowering going to go to 3 gallon then to flowering side. See how that works. I don't want big tall tall plants not worried about that. More worried and thinking of quality and making my own strain.

I do wish the veg and clone side was bigger like maybe ft wider but it works . I'm going down to 1 gallon pots. To save room. Then two weeks before flowering going to go to 3 gallon then to flowering side. See how that works. I don't want big tall tall plants not worried about that. More worried and thinking of quality and making my own strain.
There's never as much room as you want, is there @7Dust2 ? Sound like you have a good plan, though.

There's never as much room as you want, is there @7Dust2 ? Sound like you have a good plan, though.
Never enough bro. Never. If I had 49 ft long grow room I would want more plants . Lmao over achievor. Lmao

I agree, I do not like having them crammed in there. Not much I can do about it now, though. I'll start some defoliation soon but that is just a band-aid. It's going to get FULL in that veg tent while I wait to move over to the flower tent. And if they do grow a bit more slowly that's not a bad thing for now.

That's how am taking it. My guardian angel...

Welcome @steelcurtain22 and thanks. I'm really happy with how the basement turned out for a lung room. It stays on the cool side and is fairly easy to maintain temps and humidity. One day I'm going to build a big grow room down there but the tents are working good for now ;)
This info about plants being stressed by touching makes a lot of sense. So cool!

Back
Top Bottom