Just a few questions! Help please!

Ddosed

Hi everybody! My name is Matt and I am a new grower. I purchased seeds from Nirvana, specifically Feminized White Widow. Currently I am growing two plants which are both rather healthy. Seeing as this is my first time, I have a few questions since I have had an issue arise at last.

Before I moved my plants from a dome with rock wool, the plants were at 5 1/4 inches tall (moved them around 2-2 1/2 weeks from seed). I moved them to Organic MG, I know, not recommended. Now they sit inside the rock wool buried with this soil. The temp varies, 69-71 at night, 75-77 during the day hours. Currently my plants are coming up on 5 inches again (some of it was buried to stabilize straight growth) but here is my issue and or questions;

The basic height of my plants seems to be off-putting and rather small, (I will post some pictures) is this normal? I mean only 5-6 inches almost 4 weeks in? It worries me a bit, but this could be normal.

But my main issues comes in when you see the bottom of the plant near the base petal, they have turned yellow and one of them appears to be dead. This was happening to just one, but now both have yellow hue to their base petals. The leaves all seem fine except one which is starting to begin it's yellow hue as well. At first I had them on a 24/0 cycle to let them grow fast. Which in turn worked, recently I have turned to the 18/6 cycle to ensure stabilized growth and no stretching.

Can anyone tell me what this yellow hue is? and why my plants seem to be growing so slow?
Below I am going to show all different angles and focuses of my plants.

You can see that they are healthy and the yellow hues in areas. As well as the small size. Any ideas? Not sure what to do here.

12460.jpg

View image in gallery

You are doing great. the two yellow ones your talking about are suppose to turn yellow and fall off. Now the only thing I see is you light is to far from plant. That is why it is stretching and getting so tall. What kind of lights are you using? If cfl of t5 t8 Keep them about 3-4" away max. Now I also see your soil is most so I would think you just gave them water. Let soil turn light brown and feel the weight of cup to make sure it is dry before you water. Over watering is the number one mistake made by new growers.

You are doing great. the two yellow ones your talking about are suppose to turn yellow and fall off. Now the only thing I see is you light is to far from plant. That is why it is stretching and getting so tall. What kind of lights are you using? If cfl of t5 t8 Keep them about 3-4" away max. Now I also see your soil is most so I would think you just gave them water. Let soil turn light brown and feel the weight of cup to make sure it is dry before you water. Over watering is the number one mistake made by new growers.

That is what I thought regarding, the petals. I moved the lights down a bit they are general run of the mill florescent lights, one 25w and another 13w. I was planning on switching to Metal Halide for more growth and heat. My issue is the fact that when they are close, they don't seem to grow very fast? I don't know how to explain this, they just aren't very big, and correct me if im wrong, but i only have one node yes? I appreciate you taking the time to reply!

Some times when you see little veg growth it is the plant is growing root system. Then out of know where it will blow up growing veg. Letting them stretch not good. Over wet soil can slow growth by not allowing the roots to grow down looking for water and it stops oxygen intake in roots.

Some times when you see little veg growth it is the plant is growing root system. Then out of know where it will blow up growing veg. Letting them stretch not good. Over wet soil can slow growth by not allowing the roots to grow down looking for water and it stops oxygen intake in roots.

Ahh! Thank you for clearing that up! Yeah, I'm sure I over-watered a little bit, it's much drier today. They haven't been in the soil for very long 1 1/2 or so I believe. I just figured they would be bigger by now! Haha.

Ohhh, well it is still wet inside. Thank you very much! I will keep this up to date as much as possible! Stay tuned please :3
I just checked the plants, I ripped the cube open and got the roots in more, got some of the over wet soil out and straightened the inches of stem that were buried and crooked :c they should be good now though !!!! ;D I think I saved them.

Sounds like you are on the right track now. Just remember when you start seeing stem getting long between nodes means lights to far and plant is stretching. I will keep a eye on your grow and see how you are doing.

Sounds like you are on the right track now. Just remember when you start seeing stem getting long between nodes means lights to far and plant is stretching. I will keep a eye on your grow and see how you are doing.

I appreciate that! :D Thank you very much!! I have one node correct?

yes and you are about to have two when your top grows in a couple days. A node is where you get a bud site.
nodes_pic.JPG

yes and you are about to have two when your top grows in a couple days. A node is where you get a bud site.
nodes_pic.JPG

Oh! Nice! Hurray, good, hopefully the changes I have set in motion have saved them. Quite a bit of it was buried in the soil, easily 1.5-3 inches taller now, just need them to straighten out. Will post pictures when they do straighten, can they also straighten out in the dark? they are going to bed in about 2 hours.

They will get straight when they get good light. You can put them on 24 hour light right now to help with that and them switch back to 18/6 when you get three nodes

Back
Top Bottom