Just looking for some advice

My advice is of course a little different.

I am forever going to ph my bites. Two big runs where the ph went off because the "buffer" Essentially broke down. Causing my plants to have soil issues, are use pro mix as well. She'd can explain the science of it better than I can But for me I just feel it lessens the weight on the buffer so it doesn't have so much fluctuation. If you will.
So far this round I am PH prior to feeding and I have no issues. So for me in my experience with pro mix and using mega crap nutrients I break the buffer sometimes. So I go to pH always.
Have you done a slurry test?
For breaks of stems and branches I use tape. It just pops open as it heals and grows. I too would take that green support you have us it does look like it's breaking through the stem. I would also go and get some sugar cane poles and use those as your support for your branches you just use the twist ties to secure them.

The science behind it is Here. It has to do with Nitrogen types (Amonical Nitrogen drives pH down, Nitrate Nitrogen drives it up). I too use Mega Crop with Pro-Mix, or my copy of Pro-Mix dubbed Faux-Mix®. Mega Crop is almost entirely Nitrate Nitrogen, so a long grow, with higher alkalinity water, can cause upward drift. @InTheShed had that issue. From Pro-Mix themselves, the solution is not to pH your nutes, but feed a fertilizer like Jacks 10-10-10 for several feeds. Why? It has a higher amount of Amonical Nitrogen in it and it will reduce the soil/substrate pH. You can't possibly run enough pH'd water through the container to "rebalance" the substrate. It would be the equivalent of trying to get drunk on non-alcoholic beer or high on hemp. The type of Nitrogen is far more powerful.

My heart goes out to you. :love:

It's a horrible thing to witness but all i can do is support him and take care of myself in the meantime.

Thanks for the advice and the kind words.
amen , I am a recovering alcoholic, guess what ? we slip. I had been sober for almost 20 years and 2018 when my father was really getting ill I jumped ship. But I went for the gusto. I had an affair with a girl 21 years my senior ( she had the affair , I’m single ) I was using blow again and within 6 months I was in hospital detoxing. I woke up drinking crown royal straight to get rid of jitters . I detoxed December 24-30 and released that day. My dad died January 2, 2019. I got up to go to bathroom in his hospital room when he took his last breath. When I came out the rest room my mother told me. I turned up the volume on my iTunes that was playing Yelawolf “ Have a nice flight “ and just sang to him

Anyhow, I don’t think I’ve ever told this story here . I’ts not something I’m proud of and I think my mother saw she was loosing both of us. I was a mess. I bunch of it I’ve blocked out and a lot I don’t remember. It’s a daily struggle but that’s why we replaced all that baggage with planting these weeds

Not the point.
I wanted to point out, since you mentioned:
Maybe on this. Ext grow I will use the amino acid chelates and do a compare and slurry the soil through the grows.
...that the type of chelation used for the micronutes has no bearing whatsoever on the pH of the substrate, nor anything else pH related. This is a non-fact that someone stated was true with no backup whatsoever, and now people mention chelates and pH in the same sentence as if they are related. I feel the need to correct that misconception when it shows up to try to keep it from spreading. :cheesygrinsmiley:
@InTheShed you said you saw this PH rising issue before did you use the Amonia Nitrogen to lower? Or have you not been that dire yet? Guess I could go searching through your journal...
My current supply of ProMix HP has outlived its ability to buffer pH longer term (and I tend to veg longer than most, though not you this round ;)), so I have needed to lower the pH using a 20-10-20 fertilizer that is more balanced nitrate/ammoniacal. After about two weeks of feeding with that I go back to MC.

Slurry testing has shown that it works.
It’s a daily struggle but that’s why we replaced all that baggage with planting these weeds
:bravo: and :goodluck: with the future!

I've thought of obtaining some Jack's 15-5-20, which is about an optimal blend of N types for my 150ppm tap for "just in case", but I've never had a problem yet. I do grow a lot of autos and @InTheShed does really long outdoor photo runs. So he's way more likely to suffer creep than I.

Hey CD! What nutes are you using in what amounts? Looks like a Ca deficiency as well as nitrogen. Actually, they kinda look hungry generally.

I would untie the green wires which are cutting into the stems and support those branches higher up. Same for the unrepaired breaks, which might completely break free when the buds swell. Support the branches themselves.
Im using the "Green Planet Part 1" plus Cal-Mag and "Botanicare Sweet"(Magnesium Sulphate 1.5% + Sulphur 2%)

Right not im just using the wires to keep bud sites in place. Theres no more "stress" training going on. In a couple weeks or when my buds get bigger i'll be using netting to do the opposite and support them. right now the wires are just there to keep the bud sites spaced perfectly to fit my support nets i'll be using later in flowering.

I really like the idea of doing a flush/feed at a 3:1 ratio though.. Clear salts and then supplement
Thank you for you're comment! :love::Namaste:

I appreciate all of your comments so much :Namaste:

The wires you can see in the pic are no longer "Stressing" the plant in the same way they would be if i was putting tension on them. they're just there to keep the bud sites where they're located so that when i use my trellis nets my bud sites will be exactly where i want them. So what im doing is preventing the stretching they're enduring at this point in flower to close up the plant. essentially no more lateral growth now(By tension) just keeping the bud sites in place and letting them reach equally with each other from this point on.

I do think they're hungry but the mid to high 1000's ppm readings my run-off is giving me concerns me..

So im planning on taking @farside05 's advice and doing a flush/feed @ a 3:1 ratio with my nutrient bucket @ around 1000-1100ppm.

And no PH adjustment?????? even though my carbon filtered water is sitting around 7.5-8ph?.... :thedoubletake:

I trust you guys know what you're doing it's just new to me to not adjust PH.

And if anyone is wondering I use a regularly calibrated Apera Instruments PC-60Z

apera #1.jpg

I'd say feed it at full strength based on the chart on the back of the bottle. Is this the Medi-One bottle that's 4-3-3? They recommend two other bottles for flower.

And any reason you are using cal-mag along with a Mg supplement?

Ugh! Another nute company that doesn't like putting the guaranteed analysis on the label. Makes it hard to run things through my calculators (aka slide rule).

Love your setup there! ;)

The wires are cutting into the plant which I'd say is when it's time to move them somewhere else.

The PPMs are important, but so is the correct NPK ratio, which is why I asked if you had the bottles they recommend for flower. 4-3-3 is much too low on the potassium side for cannabis.
i have a feed chart from the company. the only other thing i add is Cal-Mag and "Sweet"

IMG_9072.jpg

The PPMs are important, but so is the correct NPK ratio, which is why I asked if you had the bottles they recommend for flower. 4-3-3 is much too low on the potassium side for cannabis.

Exactly! Ppm's are only part of the story. You can have 1000 ppm, but if only 100 of that is from N, the plant will likely be yellow and suffering from N deficiency. That same 1000 ppm, and 250 of that is N, you get a fried plant. I am much more partial to feeding based on an elemental breakdown, and the calculated ppm from N.

The wires are cutting into the plant which I'd say is when it's time to move them somewhere else.

Im not that fresh into growing haha i understand the NPK scale and how its shifts throughout the plants life cycle.

Im just too new to really have anything dialed in yet. But thats why this forum is so awesome.

This is my unit btw. tent and import air set-up

IMG_9073.jpg

IMG_9074.jpg

Im just too new to really have anything dialed in yet. But thats why this forum is so awesome.

This is my unit btw. tent and import air set-up
Looks like the only thing we need to sort out is the nutes! Try not feeding the supplements and just go with the Medi One kit at full strength. Not including your tap water, that should get you to the correct PPM better than 50% nutes and the rest being supplements.

Looks like the only thing we need to sort out is the nutes! Try not feeding the supplements and just go with the Medi One kit at full strength. Not including your tap water, that should get you to the correct PPM than 50% nutes and the rest being supplements.
So no Cal-Mag or Sweet(Magnesium 1.50% + Sulphur 2.00%)??? Why not those too? the medi one line-up is sufficient? I've read that cal-mag is the only thing you need to add to it. The sweet is just by choice :headbanger:

thoughts? @InTheShed

Back
Top Bottom