Just looking for some advice

First, it's totally unnecessary to be pH'ing you nutrient solution in Pro-Mix, and measuring the pH of your runoff is insignificant. You'd actually have to do a slurry test to get any meaningful result.

If your runoff ppm is significantly higher than your input, you likely have some nute build up in your Pro-Mix. For a 5 gallon containers, I'd likely run 3 gallons of plain tap water through them followed by a gallon of full strength feed. So you're putting 4 gallons through them and only the last gallon has feed in it. That should get rid of any build up and reset the N-P-K to your intended targets. I like to call that process a Rinse and Reset.
@InTheShed this idea

So no Cal-Mag or Sweet(Magnesium 1.50% + Sulphur 2.00%)??? Why not those too? the medi one line-up is sufficient? I've read that cal-mag is the only thing you need to add to it. The sweet is just by choice :headbanger:

If they put the contents (guaranteed analysis) on the label, I'd have a better idea if either is needed or beneficial. I refuse to buy any nutes or supplements that don't divulge that info. Otherwise I think they're trying to play "hide the wienee" to sell me another product....but I digress.

My current supply of ProMix HP has outlived its ability to buffer pH longer term (and I tend to veg longer than most, though not you this round ;)), so I have needed to lower the pH using a 20-10-20 fertilizer that is more balanced nitrate/ammoniacal. After about two weeks of feeding with that I go back to MC.
Thank you. Why learn the hard way when I can learn through you>!!!!!

What about a 4:2 ratio instead. still flush but then give a good feed.

Thoughts @InTheShed and @farside05 ?
A true flush would be 10-15 gallons through a 5 gallon pot, so whatever you're comfortable with. And the nutes that follow would be whatever it normally takes to get runoff normally. I'd say 1-2 gallons would be fine. It's not the ratio that matters really.
Thank you. Why learn the hard way when I can learn through you>!!!!!
:ciao:

A true flush would be 10-15 gallons through a 5 gallon pot, so whatever you're comfortable with. And the nutes that follow would be whatever it normally takes to get runoff normally. I'd say 1-2 gallons would be fine. It's not the ratio that matters really.

:ciao:
Done! :headbanger: :Namaste: :love:

and so we're clear. im not adjusting any ph? water to flush or nutrient mixture?

What about a 4:2 ratio instead. still flush but then give a good feed.

Thoughts @InTheShed and @farside05 ?

3 and 1 has worked fine for me. If you are interested in how I came up with that...

I tested ppm of my tap, which is about 150. I ran tap through till I got runoff. Collected some and tested. Ran through another gallon and caught some of the last runoff and tested. Did that again until I got down to about 250 ppm over my tap. Then I fed at regular strength, figuring part of that last gallon with nutes would rinse a bit more. The last bit of that runoff from the water with feed in it was maybe 150 more than my input. At that point I quit.

Correct. And I still advise to go with full strength nutes and no supplements at this point.

I like that too. Problem that comes with feeding a bunch of supplements in place of base nutes is that you miss a lot of the micronutrients that way.

Not clear on what "both of them" means. Just mix up a bucket with the full strength nutes per the chart you posted and use that after the flush. If you have already mixed up a bucket with supplements you can save it or dump it, but I don't think you should be using it.
i mixed as the chart said.. and then used both of the "supplements" you guys are referring to(Cal-Mag + Sweet) :)

Back
Top Bottom