Just planted my first plants

Lastwords

420 Member
Hello, so I purchased 10 OG Kush and 10 Bubba Kush autos from a reputable website. I done what they instructed by germination their seeds in water. After about 30-40 hours they all had good sized roots so I planted them into Fox Farm Ocean Potting soil and it's been 5 days and still nothing has popped through the soil? I literally BARELY put them into the soil just the top of my finger depth. Is this normal with autos or did I fuck something up?

Hello, so I purchased 10 OG Kush and 10 Bubba Kush autos from a reputable website. I done what they instructed by germination their seeds in water. After about 30-40 hours they all had good sized roots so I planted them into Fox Farm Ocean Potting soil and it's been 5 days and still nothing has popped through the soil? I literally BARELY put them into the soil just the top of my finger depth. Is this normal with autos or did I fuck something up?
Did you keep your soil moist, not wet but moist. Don’t let it dry out. CL🍀

i've gone digging for them before lol.

if your media is loose enough they might try open underground. i've pulled them higher and saved them in the past when it's happened.

Fingernail deep at most. 20 of them not popping up same for my cousin. We’ve kept them moist with spray bottle and not too wet imo so I dunno what is going on? My cousin said he kept his lights on just the soil could that of hurt them?

Fingernail deep at most. 20 of them not popping up same for my cousin. We’ve kept them moist with spray bottle and not too wet imo so I dunno what is going on? My cousin said he kept his lights on just the soil could that have hurt them?
No that wouldn’t hurt them, how many days has it been? CL🍀

more water does not mean faster germination / more growth… might have drowned them… roots need a mix of moisture and air to thrive, if it’s too wet then there’s not enough oxygen for roots to breathe

I don’t like handling tails (seed sprouts with tail root sticking out)…. but if you do then your hands and tools should be sterile clean… seeds germ better in the dark but warmth like a seedling heat mat helps

but to be sure can you drop a pic on us? yup even a close-up of your bucket of soil can help us!

Yes the lil white roots were out, like twice as long as the seeds wven
That is why I do not like using the soaking in a paper towel method. It ends up involving way to much handling of a germinated seed when having to plant it in soil. Way to easy to break off the tip of the tip or even the entire tap root Not as much of a problem if putting the seed into a rockwool or some type of grow cube if using a hydro method.

Go with CL's recommendation and give them one more day and then make a decision of whether to gently dig them up or wait another day or two.

That is why I do not like using the soaking in a paper towel method. It ends up involving way to much handling of a germinated seed when having to plant it in soil. Way to easy to break off the tip of the tip or even the entire tap root Not as much of a problem if putting the seed into a rockwool or some type of grow cube if using a hydro method.

Go with CL's recommendation and give them one more day and then make a decision of whether to gently dig them up or wait another day or two.
Yeah everyone has their best way of popping beans 🫘. Personally I like the paper towel method. But I always sterilize my tweezers with alcohol and then very gently place in the soil. At least then I know what to expect if it popped. But there’s prolly just as many different successful ways of doing it. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom