KingCloudy's First/Indoor Grow Journal - Candy Cane - CKS

For the spray I don't think it matters. For watering absolutely. But I'm pretty sure ur just asking about the spray and I don't think I'd be worried about that.

I'm asking for the watering actually. When I add my nutes, should I be balancing pH levels? I have a feeling my soil isn't proper right now and may be to acidic.

I'm in coco so I only know the coco ph range off the top of my head. In soil it's something like mid 6's for ph.
Here u go
420-magazine-mobile696957915.jpg

Oh. For watering yes absolutely ph is very important. Not so much at the seedling stage tho. But once they've got some true leaves then yes.

What's a simple product to get to balance the pH in water? Just a pH balancer from Canadian tire kinda thing? Or something specific?

I'm seeing a lot of posts on other sites talking about a straight sulphuric acid mix to bring it down, or lemon juice? Any thoughts? I'm going to go shopping today if there isn't a natural way of doing it.

Make sure your pH pen is calibrated and be careful with the lemon juice, it can rapidly drop your pH. A little goes a long way and if you use too much you'll waste the batch of nutes you mixed it into.
FYI- the pH also naturally drops at night. Believe it or not most of the magic happens during the dark period.

Make sure your pH pen is calibrated and be careful with the lemon juice, it can rapidly drop your pH. A little goes a long way and if you use too much you'll waste the batch of nutes you mixed it into.
FYI- the pH also naturally drops at night. Believe it or not most of the magic happens during the dark period.

I'm using a soil meter, and it's indicating high. Should I try another method for checking for my soil? I have never done anything to my water pH wise. I've only watered twice tho, another water will happen in a day or too. I was going to go to the hydroponics store and grab pH Down?

I'm going into the store to hopefully get more information on it too, it's not to pricey but I just want the best method.

I'm using a soil meter, and it's indicating high. Should I try another method for checking for my soil? I have never done anything to my water pH wise. I've only watered twice tho, another water will happen in a day or too. I was going to go to the hydroponics store and grab pH Down?

I'm going into the store to hopefully get more information on it too, it's not to pricey but I just want the best method.

Post a pic of your tools. If it's the meter I'm thinking you need to throw it into moving traffic. .

Apologies, again it's my first time, and I'm just trying.
420-magazine-mobile29686424.jpg

This thing

I bought the same one. It's good for checking soil moisture that's it. It doesn't read PH accurately at all. I would check on the net for a digital Ph meter. ( it will be 15$) also get PH down by general hydroponics. Don't try the natural bukkake. Get the stuff that has been tried and true! Good luck mate!

If you go back and look over my journal ( I know it's long) I went through the same problem as you when trying to identify my PH. It's also my first time! If you have any questions your in the right place pal!!

- Swishaa

Subbed.

So firstly auto flowers are not dummy proof. You only have let's say 4 weeks of veg time. And the they start to flower. Any fuck up in that time and you loose that all together. So if they still small when they flip themselves to flower you will have small plants. Photo seeds are more dummy proof because you have time to recover and learn.
Secondly you going to need to use that fan inside your tent blowing lightly on your plants.
Thirdly you need to get an extraction fan in there with ducting. A six inch extraction Fan will do for that size tent. Air circulation is extremely important.

What height you got that light at now?
Any nutes you add at this stage you want to do at 1/4 strength and slowly work up as the plant grows. Get PH up and down and a decent PH meter but is not that crucial in soil. Soil will automatically buffer PH to a certain degree.

You have to be onto it with auto seeds. They are for more experienced growers in My opinion. No offence but tell your mate he has no idea what he is talking about

Also with regards to extraction . There is no need to have a fan pulling air into the tent. Just extraction up top. It is good to have negative pressure in your tent. So have your intake air as a passive intake through the vent down the bottom on the left with the mesh. That will stop any bugs getting in. Close off all the other holes. Your ducting will run out a hole up top. When you get some

Also with regards to extraction . There is no need to have a fan pulling air into the tent. Just extraction up top. It is good to have negative pressure in your tent. So have your intake air as a passive intake through the vent down the bottom on the left with the mesh. That will stop any bugs getting in. Close off all the other holes. Your ducting will run out a hole up top. When you get some

420-magazine-mobile1324780919.jpg

I have the light roughly 16inches from my tallest plant. 400w MH. Is that to low? Too high? It's not to hot for the plants but I'd like clarification.

I closed off all the holes and used the mesh for intake and moved the outside fan over to it (easily).

Relocated the fan on the inside the I had blowing air out, to more on the plants.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate the knowledge available to learn.

As for watering, my soil has stayed pretty moist for the last 3 days, anything to worry about or no?

Back
Top Bottom