KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Lumenator 2x Black Widow Grow Journal & Review

My black widow is about that tall now but they have really long stems like the one I saw at the beginning of this thread I'll wait for more nodes thanks for the fast response. is it normal for black widow to have long stems until they get there first set of Leaves and is it ok to bury it half way up the stem with soil when transplanting so it doesn't get top heavy or should it be ok? Sorry if these are newbie questions this is my first grow

The length of the Black Widow seedlings stems is most likely due to the light source being too far away from the seedlings. When you transplant your seedlings I would plant the seedlings deep enough to support their stems securely. I transplant the Rapid Rooter cube into 5" pots, from 5" pots to 1 gallon size pots and from 1 gallon size pots to either 3 gallon or 5 gallon size pots. You are welcome to ask questions!

Im going to transplant to 2 gal smart pots today and I saw my rapid rooters sitting there brand new and unopened I was like wtf I used over ten of them already I used the crappy little cubes that came with my clone dome by mistake. I was wondering why your looked so much bigger at 12 days then mine did. I just put 6 more seeds in a cup of water I'll use the right starter cubes this time. How do you post pictures on here?

on the box here where im typing my post
from the right where the buttons are
the 5th button from right hit that and put the url in that's how to post the pic
but you have to upload it first and to do that
at the top of the page under the gallery link theres an upload photos link
if you need info on how to upload
look in KJC's signature links theres a how to link for photos :thumb:

These are day 12 from when seeds popped do they look small? I should of used my rapid rooters instead of the crap ones I was going to throw out.
image18444.jpg

Im going to transplant to 2 gal smart pots today and I saw my rapid rooters sitting there brand new and unopened I was like wtf I used over ten of them already I used the crappy little cubes that came with my clone dome by mistake. I was wondering why your looked so much bigger at 12 days then mine did. I just put 6 more seeds in a cup of water I'll use the right starter cubes this time. How do you post pictures on here?

These are day 12 from when seeds popped do they look small? I should of used my rapid rooters instead of the crap ones I was going to throw out.
image18444.jpg

image18445.jpg
forgot to add this pic

The back left one is all shriveled up but it's really green not sure if I should throw it out or see what happens with it

Your seedlings appear to be healthy except for the seedling at the top left which may recover. I believe that the Rapid Rooter cubes may provide the perfect air and water properties that allow a seedling to develop better than other mediums I have used for seed germination. What light source are you using and how far from your seedlings is the light positioned?

Im using LED I have the 260s and the 150s Ive had them under one of the 150s at 30" since they popped. I have a light meter and these panels are more then twice as strong as the Mars ll panels I have I was thinking of moving them under the Mars ll till they get a little bigger and can handle this light. The little one in the back left has been treated the same as the rest of them so I don't know what's going on with that one it might of got more water that's the only thing I can think of. Two of them the edge of the leaves are curled up just a little bit I don't know what that's about either.

I had the door open taking pictures and filling up the humidifier so don't go by the temp and humidity on the display its a constant 75 to 77 degrees and 65 to 70 humidity in there

I believe that you should lower your LED light panel to 22"-26" and see how your seedlings react.

Here is your LED light panel manufacturer recommended height

"Footprint*: 28" x 24"

Distance from Canopy (Veg.): 20"–22"

Distance from Canopy (Bloom): 18"–20""

I lowered it yesterday and today there looking great it's crazy how much bigger they get in a day. My other seeds should pop today those im putting under a different panel with just white and blue spectrum I'm excited to see the difference. Thanks for the help John

John what would cause my plants to be small im using the same soil and nutes you use there 3 weeks old I just started giving them 1/4 strength of nutes. I have them in 2 gal smart pots I would say there only about 7 to 8 inches tall the nodes are really close together and they are a nice green and look really healthy but they seem small for three weeks old. Temp is 77 degrees in there and humidity goes between 50 and 70% the only thing I goofed up on was I didn't turn on my inline fan so I wasn't swapping out air I turned it on two days ago so I have good ventilation in there now could that be the reason why there healthy but small? Also I want to top them there 4 nodes high right now but not sure if I should wait till they get bigger or do it now?

Back
Top Bottom