KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Lumenator 2x Black Widow Grow Journal & Review

They look better every day.

To be honest I never thought that those plants would get such monsters seeing them in veg, still so much to learn.
Do that purple is around the buds or just on the side that faces the light and have you an idea why some are purple and some right beside are not ?

All of the Black Widow cannabis plants now have turned red/purple in some areas, I believe that we are seeing the same buds from different angles with the sides more visible in some photographs. My night time low temperature is 65° Fahrenheit which I believe has helped develop these accentuated red/purple colors.

I usually wait for 15% amber trichomes. When do you think you will be harvesting?

Harvest Plant #1

I wanted to show everyone the great fine roots that the Black Widow plants have made in the 3 gallon size smart pots. There are many more small roots that have grown in the medium than using plastic pots.

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2015-01-13_-_001.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2015-01-13_-_002.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2015-01-13_-_003.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2015-01-13_-_004.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2015-01-13_-_005.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2015-01-13_-_006.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2015-01-13_-_007.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2015-01-13_-_008.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2015-01-13_-_009.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2015-01-13_-_010.JPG

Here is the popcorn and trim from the Black Widow cannabis plants

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2015-01-13_-_011.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2015-01-13_-_012.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2015-01-13_-_013.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2015-01-13_-_014.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2015-01-13_-_015.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2015-01-13_-_016.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2015-01-13_-_017.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2015-01-13_-_018.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2015-01-13_-_019.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2015-01-13_-_020.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Lumenator_2x_Black_Widow_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2015-01-13_-_021.JPG

Popcorn buds and trim

76.1+ 62.9+ 27.2= 166.2 grams

I shall photograph and weigh the dried buds when they have dried in a few days when the buds just snap from the stems.

Looks awesome John they got a lot bigger then I thought they would. I put my WW beans in a cup of water last night and I'll be putting them in a rapid rooter in a few hours if they grow half as big as yours I'll be happy.

Congratulations on another great grow KingJohnC:bravo:
Looking forward to final wieghts and details on selection of mother strain to carry on, Im guessing clones of them all were taking or I just missed that info.

Thank you kindly! Yes cuttings were taken and rooted as clones in vegetative growth and early flower. After the buds are dried and ready to sample I shall select a mother plants based on medical effects, potency, growth characteristics and vigor and/or if the Black Widow phenotype does not produce acceptable results it shall be discarded. It does sometimes take several rounds of seed germination to find great female cannabis genetics worthy of selection. 18 Black Widow cannabis seeds were purchased from a 420 Magazine sponsor, 5 seeds were germinated, 4 seeds germinated, Black Widow plants numbers 1, 2 and 4 proved female, Black Widow plant #3 proved male. 13 Black Widow cannabis seeds remain that were not germinated yet.

Looks awesome John they got a lot bigger then I thought they would. I put my WW beans in a cup of water last night and I'll be putting them in a rapid rooter in a few hours if they grow half as big as yours I'll be happy.

Good Luck! You are welcome to ask any questions that you may have!

I'm just waiting for your smoke report now. I checked my seeds today and they were all floating so I poked them and they all sank I'll put them in soil in the morning. Out of the 18 Black widow Im germinating 8 of them hoping half of them are females and germinate. The freebies were NL #5 x skunk #1 and exodus cheese only the cheese was feminised witch I don't like but it was free so I can't complain. The black widow is what I'm dying to try I heard good things about it.

Back
Top Bottom