KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

That is a fair answer. I hope another LED sponsor will step forward and get you another brand to compare.
Well I know of one... I have to agree with Crawdaddy. The lights I currently use 100 x 3W white spectrum for the price of one Dominator 2X. I could purchase almost 8 lights... That would be 700- 800 LEDs.... I used three of these and one 84X to grow this....

WK_12_GR_12-4.JPG

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

Now that's a bucket of buds. Congrats on your harvests King John C. I may be one of the few who enjoy your lovely pictorials. Keep it up...

I mixed up the Clearex Flushing Solution suggested by Goldengoose7

in a large pot I combined:
1 gallon of distilled water
240 grams of Dextrose (Used for Beer Making)
120 grams of Sucrose (White Table Sugar)
3 grams Sodium Benzoate (as a preservative)
10 drops of Green Food Colouring
Is there any purpose for the food coloring?

The food coloring has been added so that I may easily distinguish the contents of the bottle from other similar bottles of distilled water.

Very nice :goodjob: congratulations on the harvest KJC: peace:

AK47x Alaskan Thunder 17 grams
Ak48 #3 clone #1 71.7+3.7+0.9= 76.3 grams
AK48 #3 clone #2 90.2 grams
AK48 #3 clone #3 106 grams
Hindu Kush #2 20.2 grams
Hindu Kush #3 56.6 grams
----------------------------------
366.3 grams total

Lush Lighting Dominator 2x used 435 watts x 97 days = 42,195 watts
Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x used 180x3 watts= 540 watts x 37 = 19,980 watts
----------------------------------
62,175 watts used / 97 days = 640.98 watts average used

0.571 grams per watt

Is that actual watts used? Or led watts if driven at 100%? 180x3 =540 but would be using between 300-450w. Either way..... Thanks for the journal and giving me a better idea on whether or not the big price tag is justified.

Those are the rated panel draw for the Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x's and Lush Lighting Dominator 2x. I have taken some Kill A Watt meter readings with the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x's and found the LED panels operating above specifications.

Here are the Kill A Watt meter readings for the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x

Lush_Lighting_Dominator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_001.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Dominator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_002.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Dominator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_003.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Dominator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_004.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Dominator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_005.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Dominator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_006.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Dominator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_007.JPG

Here are the Kill A Watt meter readings for the Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x's

Lush_Lighting_Lumenator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_001.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Lumenator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_002.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Lumenator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_003.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Lumenator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_004.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Lumenator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_005.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Lumenator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_006.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Lumenator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_007.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Lumenator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_008.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Lumenator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_009.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Lumenator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_010.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Lumenator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_011.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Lumenator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_012.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Lumenator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_013.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Lumenator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_014.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Lumenator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_015.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Lumenator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_016.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Lumenator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_017.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Lumenator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_018.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Lumenator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_019.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Lumenator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_020.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Lumenator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_021.JPG

Lush_Lighting_Lumenator_2x_Kill_A_Watt_Meter_Readings_-_022.JPG

Congrats again Judge John

Wowwww John!!! Greeeat harvest!!! That Hindu Kush looks verryyyy tasty!! Love those colours!!! Congrats on that harvest!! :goodjob:
:volcano-smiley:

Congrats John! Would you happen to have the same results for power and yield from similar strains from your most recent HPS grow for a comparison?

Congrats on the great harvest :)

Thats quite a bit more than the advertised avg. watt draw on the Dominator 2x. +reps for another great journal. :goodjob:

Congrats John! Would you happen to have the same results for power and yield from similar strains from your most recent HPS grow for a comparison?

My last harvest for the same genetics was under a 400 watt High Pressure Sodium light, I did not record the gram per watt efficiency. I believe with more Low Stress Training and Topping 4x 100+ gram plants could be grown under the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x. The AK48 #3 clone #3 produced 4 main colas and yielded the most at 106 grams, I believe that if I had switched to flower 1 week earlier all 3x AK48 #3 would have fit underneath the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x. I chose a lower gram per watt efficiency style of growing that I believe more people are more familiar with to grow their plants in rather then the Low Stress Training and Topping that I use to produce higher yields. I was impressed with the AK47x Alaskan Thunder and the Hindu Kush #2 that were re vegetated from flowering clones that started at 5" clones and produced 17 and 20 grams. My most recent Grow Journal using a High Pressure Sodium light with Low Stress Training and Topping produced

Harvest Brainstorm Haze #1 251.6 Grams + 2 gram test bud = 253.6 grams
Harvest Brainstorm Haze #3 260.4 Grams + 4 gram test bud = 264.4 grams
= 518 grams

518 grams / 600 watts = 0.863 grams per watt

Thanks John, but argh - that would mean another grow with LST and topping under Lush to provide a more accurate and fair comparison from the gpw perspective + another 400W HPS grow to get the power/cooling savings factored in.

Congrats on a great harvest/journal/report KJC. You set the standard for the all-business grow journal :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom