KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

Flower Day 89

I checked all of the plants for banana shaped female pollen sacks and removed 10 clusters from AK48 #3 clone #1 and 7 clusters from AK48 #3 clone #3. I looked over AK48#3 clone #1 and noticed a broken branch that broke the day before was fallen over and drying so I removed the broken bud branch. The broken bud branch weighed 8.8 grams after 1 day of drying.

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-08-09_-_275.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-08-09_-_276.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-08-09_-_277.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-08-09_-_278.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-08-09_-_279.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-08-09_-_280.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-08-09_-_282.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-08-09_-_283.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Lush_Lighting_LED_Dominator_2X_Soil_Indoor_Grow_Journal_and_Review_2014-08-09_-_284.JPG

Wow john....every time I see your plants I smile from ear to ear!!! Beautiful frosty buds on those girls! That alaskan gal is spindly but I like the colour on her!! Beautiful beautiful plants pal!!! Id soooo love to sit down and :volcano-smiley: with you!!!!!

re: KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

You're journals as well as all the information you share throughout the site are awesome John. You are probably the most composed individual on 420 too; I love how you never allow yourself to be trolled and are always forthcoming with factual and succinct information that is pertinent to growing. Thanks.

Now for a question. What is this homemade clearex flush you speak of? Why did you come up with it and how is it made if you don't mind?

I mixed up the Clearex Flushing Solution suggested by Goldengoose7

in a large pot I combined:
1 gallon of distilled water
240 grams of Dextrose (Used for Beer Making)
120 grams of Sucrose (White Table Sugar)
3 grams Sodium Benzoate (as a preservative)
10 drops of Green Food Colouring

the Clearex Flushing Solution was allowed to cool and returned to the 1 gallon container.

I will use 15 millilitres per gallon of this Clearex Flushing Solution during my final flushing.

Dextrose

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_001.JPG

Sucrose

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_002.JPG

Sodium Benzoate

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_003.JPG

the final Clearex Flushing Solution

Clearex_Flushing_Solution_-_004.JPG

Thank you for the quick response far as those lights go I'm sold and going to order 4 of them to start. I just have one more question how much heat do they produce? I'm going to have the opposite problem then most people do I live in the north and it's going to get very cold here soon so I need heat. I'm not sure how I'm going to pull fresh air into my room yet if I get it from outside it would be too cold and from what I heard LEDs don't produce much heat. HGK has a very strong smell so ventilation is going to be a problem for me I'm not sure how I'm going to do it yet but if you can tell me roughly how much heat I can expect from these lights it might help me figuring it out. Sorry for all the newbie questions but if you don't ask you don't learn. Thanks again and your ladies look awesome :bravo:

My grow area is 6'5" L x 6'4" W x 6" H and with the 3x Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x's and 1x Lush Lighting Dominator 2x the temperature of the intake air is 68°-74° Fahrenheit and the room temperature is 77° Fahrenheit with all of the LED light panels on. I set the Titan Mercury 3 - Day/Night Fan Speed controller to 80° Fahrenheit to keep my cannabis plants in a temperature range of higher growth.

Thanks again for the quick response I just have to figure out how to pull air into my room because the outside air is going to be too cold it's already dropping into the 40s at night here. The heat the lights produce I would also like to put back into my house to save on heating cost in the winter. I have a lot of research on ventilation to do I think I'm good on everything else but temperature is going to be my biggest problem. I can make my grow room any size I want the space in my basement isn't a problem. I guess I can pull air from a room upstairs and vent it out in my basement using a good carbon filter. Like I said I have a ton of research to do on this I don't want to screw things up. Thanks for letting me know what temps you had they will come in handy.

The The Mercury 3 - Day/Night Fan Speed controller has worked well to control the Vortex Inline Fan 6in 452CFM attached to a Phresh Filter 6in x 24in 550CFM carbon filter. I have not had any problems with either temperature or scent control using the equipment provided by PerfectGardens.com.

TITAN CONTROLS - Mercury 3 - Day/Night fan speed controller

Vortex Inline Fan 6in 452CFM - Perfect Gardens

Phresh Filter 6in x 24in 550CFM - Perfect Gardens

My grow area is 6'5" L x 6'4" W x 6" H and with the 3x Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x's and 1x Lush Lighting Dominator 2x the temperature of the intake air is 68°-74° Fahrenheit and the room temperature is 77° Fahrenheit with all of the LED light panels on. I set the Titan Mercury 3 - Day/Night Fan Speed controller to 80° Fahrenheit to keep my cannabis plants in a temperature range of higher growth.

KJC,

Do you vent the air outside of your grow space or just dump it into the room?

The Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x have impressed me with the quality, density and quantity of the buds grown under the LED light panels. The AK48 #3 buds grown under High Pressure Sodium lights produced 4 dense bags of vapor in an Arizer Extreme Q vaporizer, the same genetics AK48 #3 grown under the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lumenator 2x produce 6-7 bags of dense vapor in an Arizer Extreme Q vaporizer. I also own 4x 1000 watt Lumatek Digital Dimmable ballasts and 1x 400 watt Lumatek Digital Dimmable ballast that I could switch into service at anytime if I felt that the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lumenator 2x's did not produce buds with at least equal quality, density and quantity. I feel the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lush
Lighting Lumenator 2x provide a superior Return Of Investment over High Pressure Sodium lights. The Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lumenator 2x produced highly resinous and dense buds. Yes I would recommend the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x LED light panels for growing cannabis.

This statement confused me "I felt that the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lumenator 2x's did not produce buds with at least equal quality, density and quantity." Are you saying they did not produce the same quality and density as your HPS grows?

You just took part of what he was saying here read it again. . I also own 4x 1000 watt Lumatek Digital Dimmable ballasts and 1x 400 watt Lumatek Digital Dimmable ballast that I could switch into service at anytime if I felt that the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lumenator 2x's did not produce buds with at least equal quality, density and quantity.

Thank You both!! I re read the post I missed the "IF" :oops: makes a big difference in the content. Time to make a trip to the eye doctor and get my prescription checked..

KJC,

Do you vent the air outside of your grow space or just dump it into the room?

With the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x's I was able to vent to a larger room without needing to exhaust the air outside of the building. I have the temperature controller set to control the exhaust fan attached to a carbon filter at 80° Fahrenheit venting into a larger room with a fresh air supply. With High Pressure Sodium lights I would have to vent the heat outdoors in order to properly cool the grow area.

This statement confused me "I felt that the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lumenator 2x's did not produce buds with at least equal quality, density and quantity." Are you saying they did not produce the same quality and density as your HPS grows?

I said "If I felt", I believe the cannabis buds grown under the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lumenator 2x's are superior to the same genetics grown under High Pressure Sodium lights.

I have basically the same setup sans the controller. I had to vent my HPS system into the attic.

I said "If I felt", I believe the cannabis buds grown under the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lumenator 2x's are superior to the same genetics grown under High Pressure Sodium lights.

Yes Sir you are correct I misread the post...

So KJC, do you have any reason to believe you would not get the same, or perhaps better, results using an LED panel that is not as exhorbatently priced as the Lush?

If not what is your reasoning?

If you where spending your own money would you buy these or less expensive ones that others are getting good results with?

So KJC, do you have any reason to believe you would not get the same, or perhaps better, results using an LED panel that is not as exorbitantly priced as the Lush?

If not what is your reasoning?

If you where spending your own money would you buy these or less expensive ones that others are getting good results with?

I can only compare my results that I have seen using the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x full spectrum LED light panels to using High Pressure Sodium lights. With the results I have seen during this Grow Journal and Review I would spend my money on the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lumenator 2x LED light panels as I am very impressed with the quality, density and quantity of the buds produced under the Lush Lighting LED light panels. I would be interested in Reviewing other brands of LED light panels as well but can only speculate on which LED light panels may work well for growing cannabis until further testing is done.

I can only compare my results that I have seen using the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lush Lighting Lumenator 2x full spectrum LED light panels to using High Pressure Sodium lights. With the results I have seen during this Grow Journal and Review I would spend my money on the Lush Lighting Dominator 2x and Lumenator 2x LED light panels as I am very impressed with the quality, density and quantity of the buds produced under the Lush Lighting LED light panels. I would be interested in Reviewing other brands of LED light panels as well but can only speculate on which LED light panels may work well for growing cannabis until further testing is done.

Fair enough, from my personal experience with a couple less expensive brands combined with Lush's insistence on being so secret about their diode makeup, I would never spend my money on them, but of course that just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom