Koala - MicroGrow CFL - First Grow - Dream Queen - 2011

re: Koala / MicroGrow CFL / First Grow/ Dream Queen / 2011

kool thanks. Just tryin to get mine going, so far I'm looking at these bad larries Amazon: SilverStone 120mm Shining Blue LED Case Fan with Rifle Bearing Noise Level 26.6

1667443511906.png

Only prob is they're clear so the interior light will shine out more..

WElcome All! I know its been a while, but when youre sitting there watching the grass grow, sometimes there isnt much to report on. :lot-o-toke:

Btw if you don't mind divulging your technology, what size are those fans your running, and are you pleased with the circulation.

I'm in the process of building my box, roughly 4' tall, 30" wide, 22" deep, and I'm ready to start buying my add ons.

Thanks & much appreciated!

I've been using case fans by a company called Enermax. I get them at Fry's electronics...An electronics retailer out here in the west coast...not sure where you're located. The 120mm fan runs at ~18dba, and moves 70CFM...the 80mm fan runs at ~14 dba, an pushes 24 cfm. I love them, very quiet in the bedroom, even with four of the 80mm fans running at the same time.

Enough circulation in your opinion?

Yes, i think there is more then enough fresh air circulating into the box, however I'm having issues with circulating the air inside the box. With better Exhaust and Intake Placement, I think that the circulation inside the box could be much improved upon... But for what it is, I'm fairly pleased with its performance.

Yes, i think there is more then enough fresh air circulating into the box, however I'm having issues with circulating the air inside the box. With better Exhaust and Intake Placement, I think that the circulation inside the box could be much improved upon... But for what it is, I'm fairly pleased with its performance.

Hmm. Well my fans will be in this week, just gotta figure out where exactly I want to cut into my box, was thinking two intakes on one side (high and low) and two outtakes equally spaced on the otherside. Might put a small 6" fan blowing up to keep air moving around inside...

The Girls Side x Side, Lighter for Reference.
io451k.jpg

One of the Girls with a lighter before the LST for the week.
2ql4ll4.jpg

Post LST, the flattening out of my baby-girl.
33utkdu.jpg

Some shots within a few days of the LST (at approx. 3 weeks of vegging)
307nbyo.jpg

1zd6d6h.jpg

33kzyg3.jpg

Looks good! did you ever figure out what the spots were from?

Re: Koala / MicroGrow CFL / First Grow/ Dream Queen / 2011

Looks good! did you ever figure out what the spots were from?

Not sure exactly, my guess WAS a nute Deficiancy/overdose...now i'm thinking something fungal, because the same plant later developed a mild case of PM, and had some rusty spots as well, but she is in full recovery now and doing well...

Hi guys, well....I've grown out of the little custom Box. I was able to find a used tent that just barely fits in my closet for VERY cheap.... However, I did continue to use my box until I was able to get my tent fitted with a few cfl's a fans...(it is just a 2'x4'x4' propagation tent, so I'm still relatively small, imo. But i've got these shots of the girls from last week, and I've got a few more i need to upload from this week, which will be the last shots of the girls growth in their custom built micro cab.
Photo1_7_rs.jpg

Photo1_8_rs.jpg

Photo1_9_rs.jpg

One more picset coming for sure, anyone interested in seeing how the tent works out, being that it will still be micro?:smokin:

Yo yo, here goes the last 2 photos of my girls before I removed them from my custom box!

1. Side Shot
Photo1_13_.jpg

2. Top Shot
Photo1_11_.jpg

And this is a shot of the girls last week....after being in the tent for a bit.

3. Top Shot
Photo1_1_.jpg

looks good bro
amazing how things can change just with the location huh.... keep it up

looks good bro
amazing how things can change just with the location huh.... keep it up

Indeed. I think the biggest benefit of moving into the larger area was temp and humidity levels. I've been able to expand beyond just CFLS, and have added several 2' T5 growing lights into the mix. I have not grabbed any other spectrum floro's yet, since I'm pretty short on cash, but I'm in not hurry. My girls seem to be doing alright, and thats good enough for me. :yahoo:

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom