Ktra's First Grow

ktra

Hey fellow growers, I have decided to make a real run at growing myself. I did a quick test a year or two ago but basically just put it in a pot and left it outside. I wasn't prepared for a real grow but wanted to play a bit.

Now I am growing for real and have the plants in the 12/12 stage for about 7 days. I have a cardboard grow box with 3 2700k cfl bulbs. 2 150 watt and 1 100 watt. I have 4 plants in a single container and I am waiting to see which, if any are female. I had them in veg stage for about 3-4 weeks. I used miracle grow potting soil and I have some fertilizer I use about every third watering. It's a fertilizer I use for hydro growing (not cannabis) and thought I would try it in the dirt grow.

I have a few pictures to post, and wanted to know if anyone could tell me if the plants are male or fem. I don't know the strain because I got the seeds from some herb I was growing.

I can't post attachments yet so I'm not sure how to get the pics on here.

Ok, I got the pictures uploaded. Didn't realize it was a separate place.

Are these female?
2011-09-02_09_03.png

2011-09-02_09_02.png

Over view shot of plants. There are 4 in here.
2011-09-02_09_07.png

A shot of my lights inside the box.
2011-08-30_14_37.png

Shot of the whole box. It has been sealed up better. This was taken before I started the 12/12 cycle.
2011-08-30_14_33.png

Hi ktras! Welcome to 420mag and congrats on your first serious grow. The setup and plants looks great. Do you know the strain of the seed? Looks like it hasn't show pre-sex yet, and those tiny thing is in both males and females. Wait till the Monday you should see something new around those area.

I like your cardboard. Keep ventilation going don't want heat to build up it might start fire being the cardboard is paper. To maximize the light use the white part of the board inside to bounce more light towards the plant. The side slid may cause light leak into your plant during their dark hours, tape that up to prevent your plant from going hermie or revert back to veg.

I'll be following along. :popcorn:

Damn it I clicked the wrong button, oh well.

Thanks for the welcome. I have since taped up the box to keep light out. I have also considered putting a blanket over the box to keep out some light and just leave the rear vent open. I have made a conscious decision not to share my grow with anyone except for one friend who often babysits (and I smoke with) so I have a backup in case I need someone to look in on the plant.

I am less concerned with getting huge buds the first time while i am learning. I figured, if I screw up, I have learned something for the next batch. :)

I bought rooting hormone so I can clone a plant, when I find a female so I can have more plants to experiment with. I would like to try different styles of training (lst, fiming, deleafing) to find the best results. I also will try different growing mediums like hydro, aero, and dirt (which I am doing now).

Once I find the sex, I plan on doing LST. I glued two pieces of wood on the inside to set a wire shelf on when I am ready to start.

My biggest concern right now is figuring out the sex and when I can clone the plant. I haven't found where I should cut or if I should wait until the plant is a certain size.

I hope I get at least one female out of this crop.

Also, I wish I would have thought to use the white inside, because I painted the inside silver. Next grow, I will make the box smaller and put the white part on the inside. I'm not sure the silver is doing the job.

Silver should be ok. Going white or mylar would be best. Not sure about the reflective % on silver, but it's better than the inside color of the box.

You can take some cuttings from your plants now if you like. Make the cutting on one of the branch that comes off the main stem, see if any of those is 3 inches or longer and cut that for clone. Leave a node behind so two more stems can grow from it.

hi ktra for your next grow you can use black and white you can get it on ebay for a couple of pound dont know about dollars tho

Hey Guys, got some more pictures to show. I'm not sure if they are showing sex yet. Maybe someone can help me out. :)

Are these showing the sex? Not sure if these are pistils.
P1010077.png
P1010076.png

Overview shot of my plant. There are 4 plants in this pot. I will cut out the males if/when they emerge. If I have 4 females, I'm not sure what I will do. Can I grow 4 in one pot? One thing I will do is take a cutting and try to clone them in individual pots for the next round.
P1010078.png

hi ktra for your next grow you can use black and white you can get it on ebay for a couple of pound dont know about dollars tho

Hey Ak,

What is a black and white? I'm new to this whole thing. The only person I knew who tried to grow dud hydro and made a closet (though it didn't really work out). I'm pretty much doing this on my own because I didn't want anyone to know (other than one person I trust).

good decission, my number one rule...(tell nobody) A growers life is lonely but its also peacefull and rewarding in the end. anyway goodluck with your grow and welcome to the best forum on the web, lots of great ppl here and tons of info.....:peace:

Hey Ak,

What is a black and white? I'm new to this whole thing. The only person I knew who tried to grow dud hydro and made a closet (though it didn't really work out). I'm pretty much doing this on my own because I didn't want anyone to know (other than one person I trust).

black and white poly sheets its reflective material for since you build your grow room or get a grow tent.
aslo give it a couple more days or soo you will see the pistols . im one week 1 and day 4 of flowering and i notice the pistols after the first week so you should notice it soon. and its not a good idea to grow 4 in one pot . they will fight for nutes i believe. but hey looking good :bravo: :passitleft:
:yummy:

Are these showing the sex? Not sure if these are pistils.

Overview shot of my plant. There are 4 plants in this pot. I will cut out the males if/when they emerge. If I have 4 females, I'm not sure what I will do. Can I grow 4 in one pot? One thing I will do is take a cutting and try to clone them in individual pots for the next round.

Not sign of sex yet. Grow them out a few more weeks and flower them. The first week will show sex. Thought you had them LST but these are 4 plants in one container. :thedoubletake: For future grow best to have each plant in their own containers for easy transplanting, prevent root tangling, root disease sharing, & root bound. Transplant them before putting in bloom. Suggestion, do it as soon as possible before roots really tangle and transplanting will cause damage. The plants will grow 2-3x the size and may not have enough room for proper air circulations if all remain in the same container.

The only time it's ok to grow multiple plants in one container is if the container is like a tray, and each plants has 4 sq ft between plants, then it's ok. Otherwise, problems awaits later in the growth stage.

Yeah, that would be an awesome LST, I wish it was. LOL

I took you guys advice and separated the plants today. They are bent because I had them tied to the side of the container to spread them a little. I'm sure they will move towards the light.

P9070080_.JPG

I read some stuff about topping and it seems some people like and some don't. I figured if I can just use LST the first time then I can experiment with other stuff the second go around. I just checked on them and they are already starting to bend towards the light.

Not sure. I think you guys call it bagseed. Is there a way I would be able to tell when they flower?

there looking good and as far as finding out what strain the bagseeds are a dont think you can but av never grew bagseed a good smoke report at the end should do it justice
good luck :peace:

Back
Top Bottom