Ktra's First Grow

I should just use plain water? I was going to use a very light soapy water since that helps kill larva and aphids. Would that be bad to use? I noticed a few more leaves were eaten so I took the plant out this morning and I will give it the once over. I'll post pics of the damage later.

Thanks G.J. Just checking out the damage now. I think I found some little larva on the plant so I am going to use Twelve12's suggestion with the water.

I've read where a slice of a potato can attract some of the bugs..then you just toss it in a couple a days.....but it will tell you if you have any pests. I'd look under the leaves and at the base of the stalk and where the stems shoot out from the stalk for eggs.
Them pests can really be a nuisance. The size of that caterpillar I'd be inclined you better keep a good eye on yer babies.
Good luck,

Just wanted to post some pics real quick.

These are the leaves I cut off because I was worried I didn't get all the bugs and they were damaged already. I took this pic by putting the leaves on my tablet and turning on the flashlight. LOL it looks like an xray machine.

01_damage.JPG

This one is what happened when I was trying to get under the leaves. :-(

02_bent.JPG

I braced it with a skewer.

03_brace.JPG

Plain water will do. Put the fan in ventilated area so mildew/mold don't take hold of the wet plant.

Thanks, that's what I thought I was doing, but I realized when I was done I was using my nutrient solution to spray the leaves.

:oops:

Still keeping an eye though, I check it in the morning and at night.

Thanks, I used skewers for some cilantro I was growing hydro.

Looking at these pics, can you tell how long before I can have something to cut for cloning? I feel like I'm off schedule because of the somewhat rocky start I've had and the transplanting I've done. So far it has been about a month that they have been on the 12/12 cycle.

The pic above shows that there are no side branch to take clones from. Definitely don't want to cut the cola while it's in bloom. The best time to take cuttings is during veg and before putting the flower in bloom. If you really want to keep this strain then the only thing you can try is re-veg her after the bloom cycle (after you harvest the plant) by leaving some tiny buds (lower branch) to grow new shoots. Then make your cuttings from there once they mature under veg photoperiod.

Not sure about your other plants, have to see the pics of those to determined if they are still clonable.

Oh man, I thought those branches would come out after the flowering stage starts, so it would have been batter to keep them in the veg state until they emerged? Hmmm, That kinda sucks, I was hoping I would be able to clone at least the biggest one. Maybe I'll have a chance. The good news, I guess, is I have more seeds I can use if I can't clone and I will start those with a better system.

Yeah just let this one flower out. Taking clones from it will provide unnecessary stress. Grow out the seed while this one is in bloom, you'll have a small perpetual going. Remember to take clones from the seedling after placing them in bloom! What growing system are you thinking on using for the seedling?

I want to try hydro, but I think I will stick to dirt for the next grow because I want to make a bushy plant and take cuttings from it, But I am going to start my next seed grow now. I took some more pics I am about to upload now.

These are the pics I took today, about 5 weeks after switching to 12/12. Can you tell how much longer until I can harvest? I'm worried that I can't tell when they are ready and will not get a good crop.

How do you think they look so far?

This is the tallest plant that had the caterpillar damage.

T215.jpg
T123.jpg

This is the smaller LST plant.

LSTsm3.jpg
LSTsm2.jpg
LSTsm1.jpg

This is the larger LST Plant

LSTlg4.jpg
LSTlg3.jpg
LSTlg2.jpg

LSTlg1.jpg

This is the smaller plant that got some damage when it was outside.

L28.jpg
L110.jpg

Why don't you give them a little more vege time? I think you'll get a bigger yield. I'm vegging mine for a couple a months, but I like your end results I just think you can get much more.

I just set up, y seeds for germination. I will be vegging those longer and starting in solo cups last time I started them I transplanted them too many times.

I am using 30ml/gallon That's actually the strength for hydro, so I I use it every other time I water. I haven't picked up Dirt nutrients. I also didn't use it at first because I used miracle grow.

Can you tell from the pics if they are close to harvest? They have been on the 12/12 cycle for about 4 weeks. About the same time I have them in the 16/4 cycle. I can see crystals on them (without jewelers scope) but not sure if they are ready.

FYI, once the seeds germinate, I am going to start a new thread for those. I am going to grow only three plants this time.

Back
Top Bottom