Ktra's First Grow

Thanks, The smoke they came from was good, which was why I saved it. :)
I was thinking about taking out the smaller one when I find out if it is a female and put it back into veg stage. Is there a risk of turning it into a herm if I do that?

Here are some more recent pictures. Are these the pistils?
2011-09-10_10_30.png
2011-09-10_10_29_28.png
2011-09-10_10_29.png

Seriously?!?! I planted 4 seeds and three are girls? That's AWESOME!!! I didn't post a pic of the fourth one, but I think it's male compared to these. Check it out:
2011-09-10_12_42.jpg

Ok, not that I know they are fem, where can I cut to clone? Also, when I clone to make new plants, will changing the light schedule be an Issue? I'm worried about creating a herm.

Wow, I'm so excited!! :yahoo:

The last pic has yet to show sex. Hope it's a girl also, check it a few days later.
For the ones that has pistils you can set them back to veg, let the side branches grow out 3 - 5in and take cuttings for clones. Always take cuttings from one of the branch that came off the main stem. On one of those branch, take cutting above the first node (so two more branch can grow out = more bud sites). Have the clones under veg photoperiod (18/6) while they form roots. This shouldn't turn hermie. Then bloom (12/12) the mother plants.

congrats ktra. beautiful girls. keep us updated would love to find out what kind of strain they are. & good luck with you clones

Thanks SmokingGood, I'm excited about my first grow. They are doing well so far, I tied down two of the four so far. I am waiting for the smallest one to show it's sex so I can put it back into veg state to make it bigger. (man that sounds dirty lol)

So I decided to tie down 2, leave one to grow straight and the fourth will be put back into veg state for a while. I will take some more pics on friday and post them.

I have a question, when you start the 12/12 [process, would it be 4 weeks to flower or 4 weeks to bud. I'm not clear on the timing yet. I recently ran out of smoke so I am trying to decide whether to get again or see if I can hold out. I started the 12/12 process on 9/3. How long can I expect to see flowering and budding.

I think I am just as excited to have a successful grow as I am to have something to harvest. :)

K

well i believe the flowering is the same as buddin if im correct. but it would take up to 8-10 weeks of flowering b4 harvesting. but sounds like you doing good. im still on my first grow too. im at week 2 & 4 days of flowering.

Oh, do you have a journal on here too? I'd like to see it. If you can link me, I'd appreciate it. I will try to find it, too.

No, i didn't know about grow journals until a week ago and by then i was already in 1 week of flowering so i just figured i start one on my 2nd growth with my hydro system & just ask for help and take pics when needed for now. but i got some pictures in my gallery (not so good) and some in some threads lol :laughtwo:

ktra said:
I read some stuff about topping and it seems some people like and some don't. I figured if I can just use LST the first time then I can experiment with other stuff the second go around. I just checked on them and they are already starting to bend towards the light.

You will get a higher yield if you top the plant 3-4 weeks before flowering. I had two virtually identical Blueberry Kush clones I recently harvested. One was topped and one was left natural. The topped plant produced almost a full ounce more bud even though the untopped plant was several inches taller.

If you clone the top you remove, you will eventually end up with a fast growing clone of the topped plant. Takes about double the time of a standard cutting to root though, so a cloner is best for cloning growing tips reliably.

Welcome to the site by the way! :thumb:

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

I got some new pics I am going to try to post today from Friday. Maybe I'll take a few more today. So far so good though. I think the fourth plant is a female too!! I can't believe it!

Hey Guys, here are my latest pictures. The smallest one was the last to show it's sex, I am pretty sure it's female. What do you guys think of the grow so far? I think they had some shock to deal with after the transplant, but they seem to be doing really good now. I can't wait to be able to cut a branch for cloning!!

Smallest Plant

2011-09-22_13_13_39.jpg

Smallest Plant close

2011-09-22_13_13_53.jpg

Smaller LST plant

2011-09-22_13_14_14.jpg

Smaller LST close

2011-09-22_13_14_25.jpg

Larger LST

2011-09-22_13_14_37.jpg

Larger LST close

2011-09-22_13_15_03.jpg

Tall Plant no LST
2011-09-22_13_15_14.jpg

Tall Plant no LST close

2011-09-22_13_15_31.jpg

Overhead Shot
2011-09-22_13_16_27.jpg

They look healthy. bravo ktra

Looking good. They're blooming nicely. What's the distant between the canopy and the light? What nutrients and strength are you feeding them?

For nutes I am using botanicare pro for veg. I am going to switch to the bloom one now. I mix 5ml to one gallon and water with that about once or twice a week. Light is about 2 feet from tall plan 2 150 watt and 1 100 watt cfl.

Thanks Twelve. I was checking the plant yesterday and I found a little bug that ate one of ththe prawns(?) On a leaf. I tried to upload a pic but it didn't work for some reason.

[Edit]
Got the pic in.
bugger.jpg

[/edit]

Back
Top Bottom