Kali grow

OldMedUser

Formerly Known as LabRat
Well after vegging for a month and getting 3" plants I figured I better do something with these two. I gave them a shot of hydro nutes and they perked right up. I transplanted into soil-less Pro-Mix with 20% perlite added. The only other soil amendment was 6 grams of a mineral supplement called PyroCLAY3 mono and ortho silicate. 60% silicon as silicate and 41 other trace elements and minerals. Once they get established I was thinking of feeding 1 hydro nutes and the other 3 part Earth Juice organic nutes for a little experiment.

Performance is not a big deal as one or both are destined to be mothers. Once I have clones I'll put the clones in tubs and let 'em rock!

KaliStart_Feb0410_B4.jpg

I got a great 2for1 deal from the local thrift store on some light fixtures. $16 for the lot. I used a three socket one mounted on a piece of 1x4 for the babies.
KaliStart_Fixtures.jpg

Here it is set up with the little ones in the bedroom closet. Temporary situation. The reflectors are el-cheapo electric burner liners. 5 for a buck.
KaliStart_Feb0410_01.jpg

I'm running these in there 2-23W 6500K and 1-13W 3000K to add a little red to their diet.
KaliStart_Bulbs.jpg

They're off and hopefully running.

C'ya L8r.

:peace:

Re: LabRat420's little Kali grow.

That will be an interesting experiment. I mixed up a batch of hydro nutes for my tomatoes (for real) last summer and the results were outstanding. Plants were strong and I had tomatoes when no one else in my area had them. Also, the home made reflectors are cool! Good luck!

Man I could not be happier to be seeing this journal. You are da man!!!

I am setting up the same thing for moms in promix in 10 days, so I'm gonna be luvin this!

+Reps if I could!

:yummy::popcorn:

That will be an interesting experiment. I mixed up a batch of hydro nutes for my tomatoes (for real) last summer and the results were outstanding. Plants were strong and I had tomatoes when no one else in my area had them. Also, the home made reflectors are cool! Good luck!

I keep telling the wife we should be dumping the old nutes on her tomatoes but she's afraid we'll end up with hallucinogenic Romas. lol She wants me to set up some lights in the big south facing window in the shop to get an early start this year. She's going to see some phenomenal growth this season! :rofl:

I found those reflectors in the Bargain Shop. Whenever the wife drags me around one of those places I keep my eyes open for adaptable stuff for the grow room. Women are right when they say all we think about are girls. :laughtwo:

C'ya

Man I could not be happier to be seeing this journal. You are da man!!!

I am setting up the same thing for moms in promix in 10 days, so I'm gonna be luvin this!

+Reps if I could!

:yummy::popcorn:

Thanks. I may be hitting you up for tips. I'm going to go for 4-8 main branches for the mothers so I can get lots of clones if I want them. I'll likely top them as soon as they start taking off in the new pots. In ten days they should be perking up good. :Rasta:

L8r

Thanks. I may be hitting you up for tips. I'm going to go for 4-8 main branches for the mothers so I can get lots of clones if I want them. I'll likely top them as soon as they start taking off in the new pots. In ten days they should be perking up good. :Rasta:

L8r

What node do you clip them at? I have the magic number 4 in my head, but I don't know why, can't remember if I read it or am simply high....wait, I am high so what does that mean? :ganjamon:

:peace: brother

Women are right when they say all we think about are girls. ROTFLMAO!

If they only knew for sure. Keep telling my wife that if she knew what I was thinking she would't stop slapping my face. OL!

I wonder if the green girls know we are going to kill them?

I keep telling the wife we should be dumping the old nutes on her tomatoes but she's afraid we'll end up with hallucinogenic Romas. lol She wants me to set up some lights in the big south facing window in the shop to get an early start this year. She's going to see some phenomenal growth this season! :rofl:

I found those reflectors in the Bargain Shop. Whenever the wife drags me around one of those places I keep my eyes open for adaptable stuff for the grow room. Women are right when they say all we think about are girls. :laughtwo:

C'ya

G'day mate, I always dump on my mums garden.(that just sounds wrong but u know what i mean) The tomatoes love it. You should see the petunias
Everyone that visits comments on them Good luck with the new grow brother
:rofl::peace:

I used my waste nutes on my tomato and pepper seedlings last spring, and they grew 1/2" thick stems in those tiny peat starter pot trays - had over a hundred 24" plants all in good health to plant. Whatever cannabis uses out of the nutes, the tomatoes seem to love the leftovers.

Im lovin the ghetto set-up LR420. Its gonna be a blast to follow this one :nomo::yummy:

hmmmm kali mist... :yummy:

The babies are loving the transplant and taking in a little sun at LabRat Beach. Don't forget the sunscreen ladies! lol

KaliBabiesFeb610_2.jpg

KaliBabiesFeb610_1.jpg

The babies are enjoying the sun again today. :bong:

C'ya

See, you can grow pot in the frozen tundra!!! :ganjamon:

They are looking good! Careful they might go snowblind....:smokin:

:peace: from the snowy mountains to the snowier mountains.

(P.S. What is up with the top of the right one? Sure looks like a face of a gorilla in it...maybe I smoked enough)

See, you can grow pot in the frozen tundra!!! :ganjamon:

They are looking good! Careful they might go snowblind....:smokin:

:peace: from the snowy mountains to the snowier mountains.

(P.S. What is up with the top of the right one? Sure looks like a face of a gorilla in it...maybe I smoked enough)

We grow some strong-ass plants up here in the Great White North! lol

No gorilla face there dude, just an angel face. Watcha smoking?

We grow some strong-ass plants up here in the Great White North! lol

No gorilla face there dude, just an angel face. Watcha smoking?

No man, I swear, it was a gorilla of the kali mist...:Rasta:

And Frost Lotus is pretty trippy sativa, good stuff, good smiles is what I am smoking.

(Had a good night's sleep last night (5 hrs), first one in a while, I ate some of my provider's christmas eve barbecue wing's (heavily medicated) last night. I can't wait til I grow enough to make regular sleeping edibles.)

:peace: brother

5 hours sleep you lucky dog you! I've been running on 2-3/day for months. I only get that much thanks to the herb.

Back
Top Bottom