Landrace Strain Recommendation

NewToTHC

Wanted to try a Landrace strain. Anyone have any recommendations that they think would be one to try . I would like to try something that has very psychedelic properties with the least amount of paranoia properties if that is possible. I was thinking Malawi or Acapulco gold, but would appreciate any other suggestions. Would be a indoor grow, and would have to do some LST to keep the height down.

Durban Poison is my favorite at the moment, although what I am growing isnt the pure landrace... it has been hybridized with an indica to make it run a little faster and to be able to tolerate cooler climates. Even so, the quality of this 10 week blooming plant is definitely there and I strongly recommend it. The high is very intense even after just a little curing, and it has the psychedelic/flashes of insight qualities that make up my preferred high. The good thing is that this landrace hybrid is now widely available and affordable. Also, the cross with the indica has made this tall sativa into a shorter much more manageable plant for an indoor grow room.

Yes, I have done a Durban, as a matter of fact used the same seeds (breeder) that you used, a bit heavy on the Indica but nonetheless I enjoyed it. I wanted to try a "closer" to Landrace strain during the summer. I do plan on ordering another round of Durban poison seeds from another breeder. Going to try Ace seeds, but wanted to add something else to the basket, just not sure what.

Hi NewToTHC, the legendary strain AC from the 60s and 70s would be very hard to find in today's seedbanks as it is a rarity. AC offered by breeders such as Barney's Farm seeds is the result of selective breeding and genetics from Central America Sativa strains. I'm not sure if you could call it a landrace strain. The same could be said for other famous strains from the 60s or 70s such as Columbian Gold. But Barney's Farm AC is a fine strain to grow indoors and plants can be a short 100 - 110 cm in height. I recently grew a Wild Thailand landrace strain and was very pleased with my results. Good luck with your choice of landrace strain to grow.

Hi NewToTHC, the legendary strain AC from the 60s and 70s would be very hard to find in today's seedbanks as it is a rarity. AC offered by breeders such as Barney's Farm seeds is the result of selective breeding and genetics from Central America Sativa strains. I'm not sure if you could call it a landrace strain. The same could be said for other famous strains from the 60s or 70s such as Columbian Gold. But Barney's Farm AC is a fine strain to grow indoors and plants can be a short 100 - 110 cm in height. I recently grew a Wild Thailand landrace strain and was very pleased with my results. Good luck with your choice of landrace strain to grow.
Yes, using the term Landrace is akin to saying I am buying a muscle car. Not the same muscle car that we had in the 70's <lol>. How did you find the smoking effects of the Wild Thai, that was another strain I was considering. Did you grown the AC and if so what was your take on it's effects?.

Yes, using the term Landrace is akin to saying I am buying a muscle car. Not the same muscle car that we had in the 70's <lol>. How did you find the smoking effects of the Wild Thai, that was another strain I was considering. Did you grown the AC and if so what was your take on it's effects?.
Unfortunately I was still a newbie with growing cannabis back then and I killed my Acapulco Gold plant. Was about 3 weeks into flowering when I attempted a Sledgehammer flush and the plant shriveled up and died. I've gotten better at growing cannabis and I completed a Wild Thailand grow this last Sept. Its the best strain I've grown to date potency wise and in about a week I will be starting a new grow of a Wild Thailand x Afghan Kush hybrid. I pollinated the Wild Thailand plant with pollen from an Afghan Kush male and was able to harvest some seeds. The Afghan Kush is another landrace strain. Have included some Wild Thailand pics.

WT Bud Before Harvest 9_7_20.jpg

Wild Thailand Bud5 8_15_20.jpg

Wild Thailand Before Harvest 9_7_20.jpg

Wild Thailand Bud5 8_15_20.jpg

Malawi is awesome! Flip early.. she’ll run away from you. id go 12/12 from seed and grab a coupe of clones. Everything from Barney’s is good. Well, at least it was. They’ve introduced about 30 strains in the last year. Not knocking any of them, just seems like a lot of fancy names on crosses of their original breeding plants. I hope your DP turns out well for you. Good luck/have fun!

Just bought some of the feminized Malawi seeds by ACE seeds from The Vault. Will be growing it in the tent come next grow. Will probably start a couple plants ahead of time and train her for a couple weeks and flip. Would love to try her outside. . . . if I weren’t in Canada

First up to bat will be the Durban poison and the Blueberry in a 2 x 2 tent. Should be finished by the end of April

Accidently bought the regular seeds vs the feminized, but no worries, will pop two and see what happens in preflower, if I get a female I will keep cloning until April/May. The Malawi will be a late spring summer grow as it is probably a strain that can better handle the high heat. I will be doing a lot of training to keep the height down.

Just bought some of the feminized Malawi seeds by ACE seeds from The Vault. Will be growing it in the tent come next grow. Will probably start a couple plants ahead of time and train her for a couple weeks and flip. Would love to try her outside. . . . if I weren’t in Canada

What was the verdict on your Durban Poison from Canuk. Followed your grow journal and you left off saying it needed further review?

I wholeheartedly recommend Ace Seeds. All their gear is winner. The Malawi crosses are potent and frosty. The Panama crosses are terp factories. Kali China crosses are balanced.
I really enjoyed the purple Honduras x Panama, Guawi, Kali China, and Zamaldelica.

Wanted to try a Landrace strain. Anyone have any recommendations that they think would be one to try . I would like to try something that has very psychedelic properties with the least amount of paranoia properties if that is possible. I was thinking Malawi or Acapulco gold, but would appreciate any other suggestions. Would be a indoor grow, and would have to do some LST to keep the height down.
Nice to hear that you want to explore some landrace strains. I have a collection of highly potent landrace sativas from East Africa.

What was the verdict on your Durban Poison from Canuk. Followed your grow journal and you left off saying it needed further review?

I don’t mind it but I think I was still expecting more from it with all the batshit crazy love everyone around me had for it. Everyone I have given some too have loved it, but I was so-so with it. That WPM issue might of brought down the high a bit, but will probably grow again in the future. My brother is about to become a dad soon and so I have him a bunch before he goes cold turkey in 3 weeks. Baby is expected Feb/March and he loved the Durban. Gave him a bit extra before Xmas, so his buddy can make me some gummies.

Back
Top Bottom