Lazyfish Breeds Ultra Dogs

Hi! Thanks, people! :theband::surf:

Ya Morglie, it is fruity, I have not nailed down the flavor/aroma on that one yet, but the purple one really gives a blackberry flavor for sure! And I love that color! It does not show through as well in the pics, and it is a darker lavander that I saw in a Zamaldelica last summer, but that one faded in the bag.

@HiddenGrow Hahah Ya I thought it was directed at morglie. I am pretty much doing the same thing, I am a bit behind what Mrglie has going on. I am just trying to make crosses that I think will come out interesting. I am still trying to grapple with the whole concept of breeding. It has been a lot of trial and error for me.

Cheers,
What concept are you struggling with Lazy? Just curious brother.

Oh and good luck with the van!!

Well so for instance the 2 or 3 crosses I have made produced seeds that either were not viable or produced plants that were shit ugly and the weed was something I could not even give away. Just luck of the draw, I guess.
Sometimes they come out that way. I pollinated Carnival, which is a much loved strain here including myself, with Purple Dawg. Both excellent plants. The cross only has about 50% germ rate and the smoke is so so on flavor and buzz. It's not bad, but not in the same category as either parental plant.

On the Thai x Lebbies I had one pop a small tail that I stuck in dirt a week+ ago. It hasn't shown and the others never even cracked. Unworked or lightly worked landraces like those are going to prone to issues like that. Just keep trying out different ones and you'll get some winners. It takes patience.

Thanks bro! I'm planning on using male pollen. Seems selfing looks like a pain in the ass
When you self a plant, you'll get consistent growing plants, but you'll loss vigour.

In my opinion you're better off using pollen from another plant, whether it's male or female unless you have a special cut that you want to preserve in seed form and don't have other options.

I have used both methods. Actual male pollen has given me better luck, but like I said the crosses didn't work out. The revers sexed plants produced largely non-viable pollen and very few seeds were made.
:ciao:Lazy if you made seeds your pollen was viable, did you look very very close at your pollen sacs from the reversal treatment. I see most of mine this time are not open -they look like micro bananas with a seam running lengthwise- I opened one and pollen came out. you have to use a loupe or some type magnification. I have just picked some off some from my Carnival and I'm going to try useing a razor to cut them and release pollen.:slide::Namaste:

Sometimes they come out that way. I pollinated Carnival, which is a much loved strain here including myself, with Purple Dawg. Both excellent plants. The cross only has about 50% germ rate and the smoke is so so on flavor and buzz. It's not bad, but not in the same category as either parental plant.

On the Thai x Lebbies I had one pop a small tail that I stuck in dirt a week+ ago. It hasn't shown and the others never even cracked. Unworked or lightly worked landraces like those are going to prone to issues like that. Just keep trying out different ones and you'll get some winners. It takes patience.
Pollination is definitely an odd thing. When I was making the Stankberry, I didn't really like the blueberry plant from a growth perspective but she had the best damn blueberry smell I figured what the hell, it would make smaller plants but should be good smelling and tasting. Damn cross is the most vigorous one of the three I made. I figured for sure the DTF (Durban Poison x ATF) would be the much more vigorous grower based on the plants but she is much slower than the Stankberry.

Hey @45thdegreeMP3 Dude tell us what you thought of that Purple Dog you smoked. It was out of the oven.... you know quick dried. Made him cough! hahah. But really I think that one is special. I didn't really notice the headchange except in the last couple days. I drink a lot of coffee in the morning, so I think I barely notice the headchange last time, but it hit me better today!

I took the Green Pheno down today. Fruity and some very vague smells. Not stinking up the room though, but I think she might shine up in the jar (or in a cob!!!!) Purple pheno will come down soon-ish, and I will probably cob a half or so of that one, too.

Cheers, folks..... I gotta get some rest before I meet sticky! :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::surf:

Beautiful Plants Fish :goodjob:

And the question of the crossing was for both you and Morgile, I thought there was some seed exchanging going on. happens when you try doing reading while stoney.

I just started reading your epic journal Morg. Y'all both have very detailed journals :Namaste:
Thank you. And yes, we have been swapping genetics. I've found it's nice to see your seeds growing in other's gardens.

I'm detailed in my journal because I use my journal as a way to reference my past plants. I try to be detailed so that I can find them, when I go back looking for specific plants to compare.

Back
Top Bottom