Learning how to grow my own

You came to an awesome place good sir , don't get discouraged if things don't work out right away growing is a learning adventure ,,,,,,,, my advice ,,, take lots of pictures of the good and bad many of us will be able to help you. We need you to help us help you! And you can do this with pictures and info about your grow environment. And I warn you growing will become addictive,,,,, the guys on 420 will have you growing that frosty stuff in no time brother!

:welcome: @Jeffreygill :passitleft:
Gonna try to grow my own supply for the first time any advice/input would be appreciated dearly
Do you have any supplies...a tent...a light...
Have you chosen a medium...soil...soiless...hydro...

Our sponsors offer us discount, you may want to start there for all your needs :thumb:

I really appreciate that..I do have a question my seedling are about 2 inches tall now do i.leave veg light on 24/ 7 or do they need lights off as well
Brother some more info sir ,,,,, this is a question that might get multiple answer , but I personally keep my seedlings under 24 hour light,,,,,, the constant light helps keep my tempature and humidity consistent, then I switch the lights to 20 hours on 4 off ,,,,,,, lots of people like the 18 hours on 6 off , but I think you will be ok with either ,,, but plants do like a break from the light , ,,,,,, are your plants autos or photos? And how many leafs do the have? This where pictures help alot , are you growing in soil? Or coco? Or hydro?

Brother some more info sir ,,,,, this is a question that might get multiple answer , but I personally keep my seedlings under 24 hour light,,,,,, the constant light helps keep my tempature and humidity consistent, then I switch the lights to 20 hours on 4 off ,,,,,,, lots of people like the 18 hours on 6 off , but I think you will be ok with either ,,, but plants do like a break from the light , ,,,,,, are your plants autos or photos? And how many leafs do the have? This where pictures help alot , are you growing in soil? Or coco? Or hydro?
I'm growing in coco they are new so there are only 2 leaves..I bought seeds from a web site on the interenet and I appreciate the response you answered my question I am going with the 24 hr lights on...when I do my first topping do I keep all new growth under the topping trimmed off..sorry for so many questions just nervous I don't wanna mess up

I'm growing in coco they are new so there are only 2 leaves..I bought seeds from a web site on the interenet and I appreciate the response you answered my question I am going with the 24 hr lights on...when I do my first topping do I keep all new growth under the topping trimmed off..sorry for so many questions just nervous I don't wanna mess up
If you have time to set up a journal many of us will fallow and advise you on when it's a good time to do what ,,,,, I personally would wait and see what your plant structure looks like before I trim everything down below ,,,, lots of people use the term lollipop for trimming away all the growth below the canopy , I like to top my plants once they have a 5th node , but usually will not lollipop unless I have a very large plant , or if that branch is not getting any light

I really appreciate that..I do have a question my seedling are about 2 inches tall now do i.leave veg light on 24/ 7 or do they need lights off as well
I always use the 18/6 myself...roots grow better in the dark when the leaves don't have to photosynthesize
Depends on why you're topping...to make a quad...to make a manifold...to make it bush out for a scrog???

Quad...4 branches
Manifold...8 branches
Scrog...shit load of branches

Hey Jeffrey Gill :welcome: And don't worry about asking too many questions, these growers are the absolute best and are genuinely interested in helping. When I first came here I flooded the place with questions , but I'm dumb as dirt anyway. These folk sure helped me. So settle in and Read every thing you can and ask away. :reading420magazine::high-five:

Welcome! There must be thousands of years worth of accumulated knowledge here. You will learn so much over the next few months that before you know it, you'll be answering new growers questions!

Gonna try to grow my own supply for the first time any advice/input would be appreciated dearly
Welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
Bill

Welcome! There must be thousands of years worth of accumulated knowledge here. You will learn so much over the next few months that before you know it, you'll be answering new growers questions!
And this I'd Beware of. Look to see how long they've been a member when they give advice. Seems too many start offering advice before they even have their own grows under control. I personally wont take advice from anyone who hasn't grown at least 2 complete grows. Fortunately, about 80% of the people here are pretty knowledgeable. I like to look at the pics on the contests page. You can find who to follow that way pretty easy.

Back
Top Bottom