LED dimmer

@marcus611a You have to know the specs on your LED Driver. LED lamps operate on highly regulated direct current supplied by the electronic driver circuit. Most standard drivers now have connections for a 0 to 10VDC, a potentiometer or a variable current source to control brightness.
Most will also accommodate a range of AC voltages from the power company, typically 110VAC to 270VAC 50/60Hz, but lamp brightness isn't determined by the AC supply voltage. If you can post the details of the lamp driver (manufacturer and model number) I can likely find more specific info on it.
If what I've said is making you scratch your head, talk to a good electrician rather than try anything yourself. Electricity is very dangerous and 220VAC Can be quite lethal and starts fires when not dispositioned per the electrical codes.

@marcus611a You have to know the specs on your LED Driver. LED lamps operate on highly regulated direct current supplied by the electronic driver circuit. Most standard drivers now have connections for a 0 to 10VDC, a potentiometer or a variable current source to control brightness.
Most will also accommodate a range of AC voltages from the power company, typically 110VAC to 270VAC 50/60Hz, but lamp brightness isn't determined by the AC supply voltage. If you can post the details of the lamp driver (manufacturer and model number) I can likely find more specific info on it.
If what I've said is making you scratch your head, talk to a good electrician rather than try anything yourself. Electricity is very dangerous and 220VAC Can be quite lethal and starts fires when not dispositioned per the electrical codes.
Thank you but after doing much research LEDs are not going to be dimmable especially ones that ain't already dimmable this is too much to deal with take it apart rewire it and all that shit I'll be better off buying a new light.

LEDs themselves ARE dimmable, but there have been many LED fixtures of old (and sadly, still being made) were built that weren't adjustable. I've got 2 old blurple fixtures that I don't use anymore because my new fixtures with the Samsung LEDs are just so much superior and more efficient. I also have 2 400W HPS fixtures in storage, unused for the same reason. My Bestva LED lamps I run at 35-50 watts in veg and 50-75 watts in flower. The Meanwell drivers in the lamps operate with a power factor better than 95% and with dimming save me a pile of $ the power company would otherwise get.

whether a led light is dimmable has 100% to do with how the driver is equipped. you can't add dimming to just any driver or led light, it has to have the capacity internally. cheaper drivers generally don't add the capacity to keep the manufacturing costs minimized.

adding dimming to a properly equipped driver is fairly easy but will at least require soldering and a minimal knowledge of electronics and electricity.

Need some help here if anybody can I'm trying to find something that I can plug my LED grow light into it pulls 220 from the wall that will help me dim it down because it only has two switches 50% and I can't manually dim it. Thank you so much for your time

It will help if you specify what model you have and what size; we can look up the PPFD charts to see what is happening.

Why do you need to dim it beyond 50%?

If it's to do with cost savings, perhaps get a smaller LED system, if it's for the plants, perhaps raise the light.

j

Back
Top Bottom