LED grow lights

I have yet to see any light give you 7 years on a driver.
And there's basically nothing to go wrong with the strips, if they last the first month they'll likely burn for 10 years.

If something happens to one I can replace it for $25 and I can bypass that strip so the rest burn while I am waiting for the replacement to be delivered.
What if there's an accident?
I don't recommend it for the common man
Get behind an innovative company you can believe in

I have yet to see any light give you 7 years on a driver.
And there's basically nothing to go wrong with the strips, if they last the first month they'll likely burn for 10 years.

If something happens to one I can replace it for $25 and I can bypass that strip so the rest burn while I am waiting for the replacement to be delivered.
While this might work great for you, it’s not for everyone. Try telling that to every grower that has ever had to deal with parts going bad on LED lights in the middle of a grow. You are basically your own tech support department.

See I am learning something here, but some of the higher priced lights have 5 yr warranty's... But if you're the tech type and can do that cool shit I'd say do it .. Growin is mainly a hobby for me with a very nice side benefit - I and my wife get to smoke the best marijuana around..

Plus now I know other growers who give the "family" price on new strains -- I only know me and my own aren't paying $30 a gram at a dispensary... Grow comes out to .74 a gram -- family price is just under 5 a gram... Cannot beat that.

But I'm still searching for that perfect lite...

Input welcome.

MotaMan

Best advice? Don't buy a grow light from the 'Zon. And if you can stay away from the blurples, not to say you can't grow under them, but with the price difference on going full spectrum....your eyes and plants will thank you.

What size tent/room are you using?
What kind of budget do you have on the lights?
This plant was grown from “zon’” blurple lights?

95C40E6A-D97A-4F07-9126-1A42080A618F.jpeg

66D6628F-0AE0-4195-AF36-263725658D42.jpeg

E7C6340C-59E9-4A00-A17F-05F54473455D.jpeg

This plant was grown from “zon’” blurple lights?

95C40E6A-D97A-4F07-9126-1A42080A618F.jpeg

66D6628F-0AE0-4195-AF36-263725658D42.jpeg

E7C6340C-59E9-4A00-A17F-05F54473455D.jpeg

Nicely done!:high-five:

As I said, you could grow under them.

I've grown good bud from lights off the Zon.

Would I recommend them to replace a HPS as the original poster asked? Well...I think I answered that already :hmmmm:

If you want from the Zon, check out Bestva...their new lights look pretty good. In fact their giving some away right now in this forum.

If you wanna replace a HPS for a 4x4 or 5x5 within our sponsors give a hard look at the next nextlight mega. Checkout West Hippies grows with them.

Aetrum is also putting out some amazing lights

Nicely done!:high-five:

As I said, you could grow under them.

I've grown good bud from lights off the Zon.

Would I recommend them to replace a HPS as the original poster asked? Well...I think I answered that already :hmmmm:

If you want from the Zon, check out Bestva...their new lights look pretty good. In fact their giving some away right now in this forum.

If you wanna replace a HPS for a 4x4 or 5x5 within our sponsors give a hard look at the next nextlight mega. Checkout West Hippies grows with them.

Aetrum is also putting out some amazing lights
I here ya though, mine are Phlizon LEDS.

I can tell you what I did, not really a kit.

I bought Pacific Light Concepts photoboost strips.
8 for each light and 8 heat sinks from same place.
A Meanwell HLG320h-c1400 driver
A potentiometer, wire, thermal tape from Amazon.

That makes a 325w light that puts out over 1300 PPFD at 18"
I made mine 24x26" .
Cost was about $350

If you ever see them in stock buy them immediately because they won't be there next time you look.
man, i think i might be doing the exact. I Love my Cobs, but I like GreenGenes strips. Down the road probably. But my Luminus cobs kick butt, so not in big hurry, just a tinker project.

Nice buds -- and thats my goal with the new purchase - Im looking at the 8 strip at Timber gro lights .. I usually fill my 6 x 6 room , but this last grow was a bust with some sort of root ailment with 2 beauties.. I salvage 2 others , so I figured on a change -- new fabric pots , new led lite ..

And since I am a newbie -- at what percentage is the lite kept at -- I saw one grow where the grower never went above 75 percent - and his grows were beautiful - mine I creep it up to 100 eventually but mine is an HPS -- so again I will have to learn.

MotaMan

Depends how high you hang them

If mine ever get to 100% its only the final two weeks of flower, don't think I've ever actually had them at 100% for any extended period, too intense.
But this is going to vary with every grow space and type of light.

What measurement you're really looking for is the overall PPFD.
Once you get over 1000 PPFD, not only are you seeing diminishing returns but depending on cultivar could start seeing some light bleaching.

If you can keep 900 PPFD very evenly across the canopy then you should be golden in flower.

You mean best period or best for under a certain amount of $ ?

Best overall for the price will be build your own.

One of the best off the shelf for the price would probably be Atreum.

One of the best at any price would be the Chilled Logic Ultimate

One of the best cheaper ones are the new Mars Hydro
I like the thought of building my own. I am overwhelmed with the options and pricing to start my build. I have tried searching the forums and have read almost every thread on this and now am even more overwhelmed :-( I work with LEDs for sign lighting so understand the basics, but need to know specific colors, temp, etc to design my build. It will be in a 7x12 grow room. Is there a thread or link someone can point me too. Also somewhat time sensitive as my plants will need to be in it in the next week or 2. Not opposed to buying complete or used if I can afford it, around $800

That place sells out of those strips pretty much instantly so doubt you will be able to use those, unless you get real lucky, but its the same idea, just have to get strips from elsewhere.
The strips are 96 Samsung LM301B diodes and 4 Cree XP-G3 Photored diodes. So 100 diodes per strip.

If you're crunched for time there is a sponsor here with similar light for about $100+ more.
Atreum lights

I like the ambition to build your own - but your cost is just around what the professional manufactures are.. And you get a warranty for the "out of box" experience too.

I'm looking at a Timber led set up, 8 lite bars at around $900.00 .. but I'm still looking ..

MotaMan
I like the redwood vs so far... I flipped these on the first. So 26 days of 12/12...
508D3155-3EF0-45F8-A1F2-A3288A9439BE.jpeg
DDB43D84-F5EC-4AC4-97C7-5B74CB5D1110.jpeg

B7789B15-2836-4B4E-B55D-764D5D386B1C.jpeg

That place sells out of those strips pretty much instantly so doubt you will be able to use those, unless you get real lucky, but its the same idea, just have to get strips from elsewhere.
The strips are 96 Samsung LM301B diodes and 4 Cree XP-G3 Photored diodes. So 100 diodes per strip.

If you're crunched for time there is a sponsor here with similar light for about $100+ more.
Atreum lights
Yep, 0 stock available. Moving forward, I may have found some but I need to chose spectrum 5000k or 6500k? I am also enclosing a pic of my intended grow area. It is an old "reefer" :p style insulated truck box. Im in zone 4a. The inside dimensions are 7x12 and I would like the availability to light it all, in 2 stages if need be. I will be lining the inside with mylar.
Thanks

JFZQ5742[1].JPG

With the Samsung LM301B you want either 3500k or 4000k with a few 660nm photoreds thrown in.
If you want UVB then you can just get a couple reptile lights to turn on for a few minutes per day.

I haven't looked at what strips are available in way over a year and I assume Covid has phucked up supply on about everything.
You're going to need a lot of light to fully cover an entire 7x12 space.

Probably about 8 of my lights at 325w each. A year and a half ago i paid about $350 each to make mine.
I used 8 strips per light and made them 24"x26" they should cover a 3x3 foot print pretty well.
Then you would have lots of adjustment for short and tall plants.

My particular goal was to custom fit two lights to cover every square inch of my space.
And I wanted LEDs that I would have to dim down by at least 20% in flower so that I have plenty of excess power so over the years as they slowly lose intensity i can just bump them up another 5% that way these lights theoretically should last the rest of my life.
Plus a dimmed down LM301B is even more efficient and cool running.
Which just makes them last that much longer and super efficient..

If you can't find anything you might talk to Atreum, they may give you a deal on several lights.

I used to run HPS before running LEDs and I can safely say Im glad i made the change. No heat problems or concerns, you save quite a bit of money on light (though it costs more to buy, its better in the long run) and on my middle-sized tent the plants love it! Been using the iL8x and love it as well. Very good yields
oh the ever ending debate of HPS vs LEd. Ive been using HPS in my main room but starting a different strain in a grow tent, wondering thoughts on best LED lights. Any thoughts or experience?
Thanks!!

Nunya thanks again -- I still have till Oct -- or before to make purchase to ensure Oct start. Lots of choices to choose from. And while I'm handy I'd rather leave playing with electrical shit to the pros - no matter how simple.

This last grow was shitty as ##)(*)(* - first time I'm not able to cover my years use -- #@)(*@A)(*.. Have to grow outside and I hate that.... #)@*A(@)@(A*)@(*)

Happy Grow

MotaMan

I was just looking at the dyi kits -- and for the number of lite bars I want (8) would cost way more than an out of the box , with warranty lite.

So like I said if tinkering with electricity is your style - all the better.. I just like the end result!!

MotaMan

Back
Top Bottom