LED in the VipersNest

Just a thought Bora - I think you'll want a lot more vertical space - maybe double what you're showing in your plan. The LED array has fans on top for cooling and they need some clearance to do their job - perhaps 6 inches? Mike, you would know for sure - how much air space do you recommend above your units?

What sort of buckets will you be growing in? I imagine they'll be 10 to 12 inches tall. Allow another 10 to 12 inches between the top of the soil and the screen, 6 to 12 inches (or more) for mature growth above the screen, at least 6 inches between the tops and the light and 6 inches above the light for cooling. We're now up to about 4 feet. More would be better. Different strains will have different growth patterns and if you're going to have a cabinet custom made you'll want it to accomodate the tallest plants you might grow. Make it as tall as you can.

Otherwise, you'll want an exhaust fan of at least 100cfm. 200cfm would be better. Get a large exhaust fan and you won't need an intake fan. Place fans at the end of ductwork - they are better at pulling air than pushing it. About the screen - I'd suggest weaving something out of twine or monofilament. It allows you to make fine adjustments in the screen by pushing the twine around a bit - you'll appreciate the flexibility. I'd guess you could grow 4 plants very nicely in a setup like that.

Just my 2 cents from one closetgrower to another. :goodluck:

Thanks guys, so much appreciated :thumb:
Irishboy & GLH, I gues 2x180 spectra = 480w of LED, For SCRoG is it more important to have a wider angle or more penetration?

Usul, thanks for all the detail :thumb:

I'm trying to keep the vertical space the lowest possible, that way I can stack 3 units on top of each other (tripple the growing space :)). I will only be going for 1 strain and it grows to a maximum of 29,5 inches, so under a SCRoG it will be considerably smaller. I feel that by focusing on 1 strain I can optimise the equipment and production and therefore make it a more profitable operation.

Any more feedback to sooooooooo welcome :cheer:

thanks to you alll

Thanks guys, so much appreciated :thumb:
Irishboy & GLH, I gues 2x180 spectra = 480w of LED, For SCRoG is it more important to have a wider angle or more penetration?
thanks to you alll

you want both thats why i would only go with 90 degree led angles. 120 degree doesn't have enough penetration, and 60 degree doesn't have the foot print. trust me ive tried them all and 90 degree is the best of both worlds.

Looks interesting. Subscribed.

some updated LED pics.
temp...lights off 70..lights on 80...closet open all the time
1 plant is not so good....it had poor drainage...it will be fine. the other is good. the Lemon Skunk clones are good
DSC_002410.JPG

DSC_002212.JPG

DSC_00215.JPG

Nice stacked nodes.

yes they are stacked nicely....however Ill show 1 plant under LED
and 1 plant grown under T5 except for 2 days under a HPS

LED LED LED LED
005373.JPG

006324.JPG

010266.JPG

011233.JPG

T5 T5 T5 T5

018124.JPG

017134.JPG

016141.JPG

014180.JPG

Both Godbuds......VERY THICK TRUNKS!!!....This is the 1st time all my plants are the same...I hate plants that are all over the place with staggered phenos/sizes etc

wow, wow, wow,, very nice.. the LED seems to be 'bushier' more growth all around, the T5 seems to be a little thinner down below, but the tops seem to be exploding..

I don't know if that is just the way the pics are or not..

either way,, they both look very nice,,

(I forgot,, and am too lazy to go back and look,, :sorry:) are you going to be growing a few under the T5 and HPS all the way through for comparison to the LED?

wow, wow, wow,, very nice.. the LED seems to be 'bushier' more growth all around, the T5 seems to be a little thinner down below, but the tops seem to be exploding..

I don't know if that is just the way the pics are or not..

either way,, they both look very nice,,

(I forgot,, and am too lazy to go back and look,, :sorry:) are you going to be growing a few under the T5 and HPS all the way through for comparison to the LED?
Im starting with T5's in veg for 2 weeks and then they go HPS all the way thru.
The LED is 100% all the way
yes it will a comparison....LED vs HPS....not scientific but it should be a good indication.

Hey there PV,glad to see your around and looking good! ~Minus

Back
Top Bottom