Let’s plan and execute a 2000 sq ft CBD indoor grow

BBHC

420 Member
Ok. So let’s get started. My name is Felipe, I’ve been an avid enthusiast in the 420 arts for over a decade, indulging has been a passion but never have I considered growing. now with hemp being legalized and genetically modified hemp containing high amounts of CBD being very profitable, a family friend who knows of my indulgences has tasked me with setting up a 2000 sqft grow op. All expenses paid and I’m not sure what the investment cap is yet but I have the property to use free of charge and will be checking the layout tomorrow. I’ll be posting pics in this thread, as well as progress as it comes along. Planning starts now, licensed will be obtained in November, and growing will start in May, with all pre growing setup being done / constructed until then. From what I’ve been told it’s a commercial unit. With basement and 1600 sq ft main floor. Ideally I’d like to set up a clone room, and a SOG or ScroG grow. Is this the best route? What are the do’s and donts? Coco or soil? Or hydro? Led lights? How many watts for 1600sqft of flowering? Co2 emitter and (de)humidifiers y’all recommend? I understand this is probably a lot of people’s dream grow but out of the blue it has become my reality and I’m not exactly sure where to start. Being that this is my first grow ever am I getting in way over my head?
Thanks in advance ,
Felipe

Of genetically modified hemp. Yessir. And I know how absurd it sounds, but I’m getting the opportunity to learn on the job, I’m hoping for 4 -5 grows a year.

Of genetically modified hemp. Yessir. And I know how absurd it sounds, but I’m getting the opportunity to learn on the job, I’m hoping for 4 -5 grows a year.
you can harvest every month or everyweek just depends on how many plants and lights you will have.

i switched off after genetically modified...

i mean this plant is a medicine, why you gonna use gmo crap for such purposes????

dirtyyyy

if it was meant to be tampered why has it evolved millions of years before our grubby fingers get near it..

eughhh

Curious, is the 2000sq/ft just your grow room or all areas combined. Your method of growing would be dictated by your ceiling height. Not sure how hemp would react to a scrog though.
all areas combined.

Id suggest you go hire a real contractor and probably a consultant, maybe a grower. That's a huge investment to make with no knowledge.
a contractor for the design / building of the grow space is very likely from our initial talks.
i switched off after genetically modified...

i mean this plant is a medicine, why you gonna use gmo crap for such purposes????

dirtyyyy

if it was meant to be tampered why has it evolved millions of years before our grubby fingers get near it..

eughhh

Sorry maybe I’m wrong on my temonology, but isn’t all pot/ hemp modified nowadays in some way shape or form to get the potency levels achieved by modern science?

I'd crunch the numbers again.....hard to compete in a market where knowlegable people are growing acres of this stuff...using free sunlight...
this may be true, yet competition is not the goal here, making money and providing the best quality product is. We want indoor for a reason. We are not going to press into oil but offer the most aromatic and tasty smoke /flowers money can buy. The variables can be controlled a lot more strictly from my understanding this way.

Guys, any help is appreciated, thanks
Felipe

Basically you have no idea what your doing and want some free advice rather than paying for it.

Good strains have been refined by breeders over generations, not overnight by "modern science".

You'll find a little of people willing to share their knowledge to help you grow your own meds, but to help line your pockets? Usually people feel the need to be compensated at that point. Look for a Cannabis consultant in your area. They'll offer you solutions tailor fit to your conditions.

I'd crunch the numbers again.....hard to compete in a market where knowlegable people are growing acres of this stuff...using free sunlight...

Added to that you need to research about farmers and their problems with THC being too high, as if it over .3 % THC it is no longer classified as Hemp, and even if Cannabis is legal wherever you are at it is a totally different license and governing body in most places (and if only Hemp legal there to grow, it is a big old can of other potential problems besides loss of money if your crop becomes considered Cannabis ;) and crappy Cannabis at that if it is .5 % THC :rofl: ). As many examples in a web search of folks having to destroy acres and acres of plants due to it coming in "too hot" in testing.

Added to that you need to research about farmers and their problems with THC being too high, as if it over .3 % THC it is no longer classified as Hemp, and even if Cannabis is legal wherever you are at it is a totally different license and governing body in most places (and if only Hemp legal there to grow, it is a big old can of other potential problems besides loss of money if your crop becomes considered Cannabis ;) and crappy Cannabis at that if it is .5 % THC :rofl: ). As many examples in a web search of folks having to destroy acres and acres of plants due to it coming in "too hot" in testing.
In Maine part of the license fee ($500/initial + $100/acre) includes official testing....if over .3% the crop is destroyed. I know people who are growing 200+ acres...and that is still considered "family farming" up here.
competition is not the goal here, making money and providing the best quality product is
Competition is the reality...there are many, many talented growers out there that can provide "best quality product" and either do or choose not too because the numbers don't add up (especially for small scale operations). If someone wants to bankroll the endeavor for a newbie to sink or swim...hallelujah. But @TurboBucket is correct...your thread is basically asking for the whole kit and caboodle to be laid out for you and you don't seem to have a real plan. People here know their shit and will help someone for the right reasons...so I'd suggest rebooting the thread and/or your tone.

:goodluck:

Pics as promised. Turns out it’s 1100sqft plus basement. It’s a beautiful commercial unit at my disposal. I’d really appreciate some actual input .. the title of the thread is let’s plan and execute a grow. Not let’s whine about the newbie asking for help. If ya don’t like it, move along. So if this was your grow, how would you do it? Industrial hemp with high cbd concentration is the plant in question...
30219954-5E8B-4B8C-90A1-31F575C8E42C.jpeg
0A5B2D92-69CE-4192-BD58-1381BBA0E04B.jpeg
CF9CC93D-7CA3-4FCA-8707-F647A4466F23.jpeg

Let’s say I had 15 grand . utilities and use of the space is covered, what would you put 15k into to setup and execute this grow?

With high content cbd flower running upwards of 500$ a pound wholesale for indoor, makes me think this could be very profitable?

Ok. Since you apparently have no solid contribution to this thread please stay out of it. No one mentioned “over night science” which leads me to believe you get a kick out of trolling people. I’m not looking for free advice I’m doing a course on how to grow and tend to these plants, and I figured I’d ask for some help as far as how to grow indoors/ how to setup the grow so that I can accurately have the best chance at success possible. Some people get a kick out of helping others ya know, apparently you get a kick out of the opposite.

Regards
Felipe

If you're looking at a big money project for profit it's absolutely ridiculous that you have no experience and think you can get all info you need from an online forum. most of us here grow our own to save money and avoid sellers like you. even if you repost with a nicer tone as suggested, nobody is gonna help you " line your pockets " here.

Bye.

Lol man you’ve got to be kidding me, I asked for help.. not your opinion on wether I’m worthy of said help. Im Not interested in back and forth arguing, just trying to get my grow off the ground. Thanks for your opinion but I’m not a drug dealer looking to make a quick buck, I’m trying to run a sustainable legal grow for years to come and share that experience with you all here. A grow that can provide something that can help many people not just “line my pockets” ... regardless of your political opinion we live in a capitalist society and you don’t work for free, (if you even work) so what’s wrong with me making money from my dream job? Guess I came off the wrong way asking for help to plan it, or maybe I didn’t.., and you guys just took it the wrong way. Either way.. when some one has something of value to add let me know... Regards
Felipe

With high content cbd flower running upwards of 500$ a pound wholesale for indoor, makes me think this could be very profitable?
I can make more than that off just 2 oz I grow in my bathtub.

Each plant would net you about $250 and that's before electricity cost, and whatever other expenses.
Which will eat up the lions share of that $250/plant.

$500 a pound is dirt cheap.
Best to try to get an acre of good land in a sunny location with good weather build some Hugelkultur beds and grow 100% organic.
No overhead, many more pounds.

Yes I’m familiar with marijuana prices, I am looking at hemp that has .3% thc or less yet 15+% cbd. Truly fascinating stuff and while it doesn’t fetch marijuana prices, I’m hoping it’ll still make it worthwhile to grow indoors, I live on 4 acres and could easily grow an acre = outdoor as well. Albeit I would like to control the variables of the indoor grow if it’s feasible financially.

If that space is 38x13 that's about 494 square feet.
Each plant probably needs 2.5 x 2.5 space minimum.
You might could squeeze between 60 to 70 plants in there.
That would be about $15,000 every 4 months BEFORE expenses.
And considering from what little I know about trying to grow and sell legal cannabis of any flavor, it seems to me that the taxes, the fees, the pure bullshit that only cannabis growers and sellers have to pay that I cant see how you end up with much profit.

Hell you could probably start a nuclear waste disposal company and have less rules and regulations and pay less for licenses and taxes than growing cannabis.

The so called legal market is a joke.

Back
Top Bottom