Light been coming on for 30 minutes during flower for 4 weeks

Dave timms

420 Member
Hi my mates grow lights have been coming on for 30 minutes halfway through the dark period for four weeks ( from the start of switch over ) the twat left some of the little switches up on the timer . So today he left the lights off for 24 hours . Can anyone give anymore advice please . Are they fucked ? They look a little veggy but will they go back to flower mode . Thanks

it put them in an unplanned gas light or gas lantern schedule. they'll go back in flower when they get enough consecutive 12/12. probably a bit of a monster crop to it now too.

if your light is strong enough run a diminishing schedule. 12/12, 11/13, 10/14. each for a wk then stay at 10/14 til chop. it'll kick them in gear and reduce flower length, but you need enough light to do it.

Pics?
Did they ever get into flower?
Also welcome and just so you get the help you need from everyone in the same place.
Might want to keep it to one thread. :thumb:

How long has this been happening? 30 minutes is not a very long time for a plant, so I think you are going to be alright now that you have found the error. Especially if they have transitioned over to bloom mode, that will tell you that the plants were able to adjust to this anomaly. Even in the worst case, if you had kept them from transitioning, the plants would not be ruined... just forced to veg a bit longer. Carry on now with the correct lighting, and I am sure that all will be ok.

How long has this been happening? 30 minutes is not a very long time for a plant, so I think you are going to be alright now that you have found the error. Especially if they have transitioned over to bloom mode, that will tell you that the plants were able to adjust to this anomaly. Even in the worst case, if you had kept them from transitioning, the plants would not be ruined... just forced to veg a bit longer. Carry on now with the correct lighting, and I am sure that all will be ok.
Hey Em, don't they do something like this when doing the "Gas Lantern" lighting thing ?

Hi thank for the reply’s .it was done the same day as switch over to 12/12 4 weeks ago he only noticed the lights on today at 1pm when they don’t come in till 6pm so he looked at the timer and 3 markers where on the on position so thing that might mean around 30 minutes maybe less not sure . The plants look a little strange to be fair and the white hairs look long there is not round bud on them it looks like it’s been in veg for only 2 weeks when they been switched nearly 5 week now . He’s turned the lights off now for 24 hours . Thanks

Pics?
Did they ever get into flower?
Also welcome and just so you get the help you need from everyone in the same place.
Might want to keep it to one thread. :thumb:
Hi thanks for reply . Yes they have got lots of white hairs definitely on way to flowering but looks like around 2 weeks when it’s nearly 5

it put them in an unplanned gas light or gas lantern schedule. they'll go back in flower when they get enough consecutive 12/12. probably a bit of a monster crop to it now too.

if your light is strong enough run a diminishing schedule. 12/12, 11/13, 10/14. each for a wk then stay at 10/14 til chop. it'll kick them in gear and reduce flower length, but you need enough light to do it.
Hi do you mean less light each week for 3 weeks ? Thanks

can you send a picture of the growth tips so we can see if it looks like you are in bloom? Lots of white hairs could mean different things to different people.

I am not sure what the 24 hours of darkness is going to do other than further confuse the plants. It would have been best to simply correct the error and then proceed as if nothing was wrong... now you have added another error for the plants to have to process.

If you are 5 weeks into this 12/12 and still don't have buds, then you can be assured that you are not in bloom. If you are only 5 weeks into the life of these plants, then they have just barely started to even be mature enough to bloom.

Your light mishap may have kept them in veg mode. This is not a problem, you simply have larger plants now, and now that you are giving them a true 12/12 pattern, they should start blooming soon.

can you send a picture of the growth tips so we can see if it looks like you are in bloom? Lots of white hairs could mean different things to different people.

I am not sure what the 24 hours of darkness is going to do other than further confuse the plants. It would have been best to simply correct the error and then proceed as if nothing was wrong... now you have added another error for the plants to have to process.

If you are 5 weeks into this 12/12 and still don't have buds, then you can be assured that you are not in bloom. If you are only 5 weeks into the life of these plants, then they have just barely started to even be mature enough to bloom.

Your light mishap may have kept them in veg mode. This is not a problem, you simply have larger plants now, and now that you are giving them a true 12/12 pattern, they should start blooming soon.
I have time to carry on the same times as they do not come on till 6 tonight so I blank to 24 hour darkness. Thanks man

They were at 18/6 for 6 weeks then flicked to 12/12 on the 2nd February. I’m sure they should have attleast some golf ball size bud thanks

Hi thanks for reply . Yes they have got lots of white hairs definitely on way to flowering but looks like around 2 weeks when it’s nearly 5
Pics would be kwel.
But i would say its effected nothing really as your into flower.
As emilya said i would of just went right back to 12/12 no 24 hour darkness.
Confuse her to much and your be finding a few seeds.

Not all varieties are going to react the same. It sounds like that half hour of light was enough to keep these in veg. Looks like @Buds Buddy was right. Look up GLR Gas Lantern Routine for some interesting reading on what you did accidentally!

Well that was an awesome little rabbit hole which took me down into alternative lighting schedules.. I’m intrigued by the 6/2 schedule the most

12FC7CA5-AF8B-4C0C-870A-FE145B47F30F.jpeg

AC0FC77F-21ED-4B8E-BABA-89078D89F8DA.jpeg

C62BCABC-3062-4E51-86C1-5346EEA17BC3.jpeg

43DB127B-188E-44F8-8B1A-DB2FA0048966.jpeg

AA480DE8-E106-4462-BF39-F8C1396AE97C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom