Light cycle help

Canbutstore

Hey..Please help!! Just worried about electricity expenses.. I was started with light cycle 24/0 for best results, but then i realized that this is not necessary.. Everything was fine with 20/4 in past. So what will happen if ill switch the lights from 24/0 to 20/4 my baby plants? 12days young. Aurora Indiva AF.

Sorry for my english, but i hope some of you will help with advice.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Canbutstore

It will be fine if you switch too 20/4, but if you want to save go to 18/6 until your are ready for flower.

Will you be doing a grow journal?

When you are ready, and even now you can start a grow journal; here's the link.
How to Make a Grow Journal

If you would like to see what other growers are doing here's that link.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

Also, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter other contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests

Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Hey..Please help!! Just worried about electricity expenses.. I was started with light cycle 24/0 for best results, but then i realized that this is not necessary.. Everything was fine with 20/4 in past. So what will happen if ill switch the lights from 24/0 to 20/4 my baby plants? 12days young. Aurora Indiva AF.

Sorry for my english, but i hope some of you will help with advice.
Welcome to 420magazine my friend. :welcome:
Hope you are having a good day.
You could switch to 18/6 save electricity and girls will be fine.
When they are young even a t5 fluorescent will work.
Cheep to run.
If you want to meet everyone and say hi here is a thread.

Stay safe
Bill

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Canbutstore

It will be fine if you switch too 20/4, but if you want to save go to 18/6 until your are ready for flower.

Will you be doing a grow journal?

When you are ready, and even now you can start a grow journal; here's the link.
How to Make a Grow Journal

If you would like to see what other growers are doing here's that link.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

Also, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter other contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests

Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:
Hey Tok your how to make a grow journal takes you to the wrong spot in that thread. :Namaste: You picked up the wrong post I think.
Hope everything is going good today my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

Im not sure that im going to make diary and any grow journal. Is it safe to create it here?
By the way.. You guys really helped me out with advice. I switched to 18/6

If i allready started here, then i have one more question about dimming mode. I got some new lights Mars Hydro TSW2000 and TSL3000.
What do you think is it necessary to use dimming mode? Or better 100% power from seed to harvest? Any of you tried both methods with leds? Growing with dimming mode and growing without it(with 100% power)?

Im sorry for many random questions in one post. I know that all the answers to my questions are definitely to be found in the basics of the portal. I will try to find any info about dimming in your forum guys ✌️ but still waiting for any your own experience about dimming mode.

My recommendation is to get a cheap lux meter off Amazon or otherwise and follow the guidelines HERE on how much light at each stage. Until they're about 4-5 weeks old, I'll keep the lights lower and use the dimmer to hit my desired lux numbers. Saves on the electric bill vs 100% and higher up. Once they start showing sex and moving into bloom, I'll run at 100% and raise or lower the light to get to my lux number.

I know some people use their phone and an app (Photone) instead of dedicated light meter. My tests have shown that the phone/app combo is unreliable. The way I see it, you spend good money on lights. Spend $25-$30 more to get the most out of them.

Im not sure that im going to make diary and any grow journal. Is it safe to create it here?

If i allready started here, then i have one more question about dimming mode. I got some new lights Mars Hydro TSW2000 and TSL3000.
What do you think is it necessary to use dimming mode? Or better 100% power from seed to harvest? Any of you tried both methods with leds? Growing with dimming mode and growing without it(with 100% power)?

Im sorry for many random questions in one post. I know that all the answers to my questions are definitely to be found in the basics of the portal. I will try to find any info about dimming in your forum guys ✌️ but still waiting for any your own experience about dimming mode.
Good morning @Canbutstore hope your having a good day my friend.
Journals are generally safe from any issues as long as you don't post your address or pic's with land marks.
I was apprehensive at first also.
Having a large grow at home though legal , doesn't stop people breaking in.
I soon found my worries were not necessary.
Everything here is legit , including the members.
No body is trying to scam or find info on you.
For the most part everyone is just friendly and normal just like you.
Just don't post anything that will give away your location or identity and your safe.
I think Farside answered your other questions.
Feel free to ask away, answering questions is what we do. :thumb:
Happy growing.

Stay safe
Bill

I'll add to @Bill284 . Use the onsite photo gallery for pictures. Do not link pics from outside sources. For everyone's safety, the online gallery strips out any location information that your camera/device may have tagged with the picture.

We recommend using dimming mode. Plants need different light intensity at different stages, dimming is more beneficial to plant growth. And it can save electricity cost.
It is very safe to write a grow journal in 420Magazine. And there are a lot of good people to help you solve the problems while growing.
Below is our dimming suggestions. :green_heart:
1650090616902.png

Hey :) So far with light schedule everything is fine, bet im in to another stressfull days.

Here is some of my Aurora Indica Autoflowers. And i hate myself that i choosed this strain.
Guys, look at them... 21days old(from sprouting). They are only 12cm tall. And i cant find the problem, why they are so short.

Regulary i do White Widow. Never had any problems.

Actually, there is no questions. Ill wait for more 2 weeks. Time will show to save them or not to waste energy and discard.

IMG_20220426_143511.jpg

IMG_20220425_164749.jpg

Back
Top Bottom