Light proofing window?

aziz

i need to light proof my window, it has a very odd shape so i need a very flexable material, what would you guys use? (something easy to find)

do you mean cover the glass ?

old school guys used aluminum tape just stuck to the pane from inside.

I have a 6mil panda plastic covering a huge window in my flower room. Some good duct tape and your good. Have not touched mine for about four years. black side facing out so it looks like window is just tented and white side facing inside to help reflect lights in room.

Do you want it to look normal from the outside

Curtain
Tape black plastic all around the window curtain

From outside, looks like a window and curtain, but light is blocked out inside

face black side out. unless living in legal land.
easier than trying to describe how to light proof jail bars.

that would look kinda dodgy tho
Ya never said you didn't want it to look dodgy. You only asked about

i need to light proof my window, it has a very odd shape so i need a very flexable material, what would you guys use? (something easy to find)

Cardboard is flexible, Can be cut to odd shapes and is light proof if you use thick cardboard. A can of spray paint will also work. It is flexible and can fill odd shapes. Won't be easy to remove though. lol Mine is dodgy but ya know what. We are legal to grow in BC

Attachments

• 20191116_103539[1].jpg
    20191116_103539[1].jpg
    929.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 20191116_102416[1].jpg
    20191116_102416[1].jpg
    735.1 KB · Views: 20
You can stick anything in there for show. I used to hang curtains and then put whatever light proofing material up behind that. If you put the black side out, which would leave the white side in as is normal plus more practical, you would have to be very close to see what the black stuff is. From any reasonable distance it just looks like a dark room. And if it’s blocked off- so what? Otherwise just stick up curtains or a poster for show.

Back
Top Bottom