Lockout

it'll lock out n and k in excess.
TY our tap water is extremely high in calcium. If I use it in humidifier it plugs up cloth filter. I can mix 1/2 RO water and 1/2 tap. I seem to have deficiency in flower. I know nutes are there. I think lockout is the cause

I thought calcium locked out magnesium and phosphorus. Either way you would need crazy amounts way over 100 PPM of cal to possibly cause a lock out. If you have been using bad water through veg and early flower it should have caused issues before now.

Post some pictures with as much information on the grow as you can. Plenty of knowledgeable people on here willing to help.

I thought calcium locked out magnesium and phosphorus. Either way you would need crazy amounts way over 100 PPM of cal to possibly cause a lock out. If you have been using bad water through veg and early flower it should have caused issues before now.

Post some pictures with as much information on the grow as you can. Plenty of knowledgeable people on here willing to help.
Amounts over 100 ppm aren’t really that high or uncommon, depending on your water supply. I’m well in excess of that and my total dissolved solids are up to 2400 ppm, and average around 1400 ppm, much of that is Ca. I’m served by a private water company, The water is well water. It pretty much makes it impossible to do coco or hydro. You can contact your water company or go to their website, you’ll be able to find the ppm”s of Ca.

Amounts over 100 ppm aren’t really that high or uncommon, depending on your water supply. I’m well in excess of that and my total dissolved solids are up to 2400 ppm, and average around 1400 ppm, much of that is Ca. I’m served by a private water company, The water is well water. It pretty much makes it impossible to do coco or hydro. You can contact your water company or go to their website, you’ll be able to find the ppm”s of Ca.
2400 PPM, WOW! You need a knife and fork to drink that?

Most people who say they have really hard water are closer to 500PPM maybe 250PPM of that is cal. and no problems with cal causing lock out. You go throwing another 0 on the end of that number and things change. You are right. We need to stop using words like a lot and get the actual ballpark we are dealing with. I was always told the water here is vary hard. I replace calcified plumbing all the time at work. Checked the water company report and then still had it tested. 120PPM at the tap with 70 of that cal and mag. Hard is a vary subjective word.

TY our tap water is extremely high in calcium. If I use it in humidifier it plugs up cloth filter. I can mix 1/2 RO water and 1/2 tap. I seem to have deficiency in flower. I know nutes are there. I think lockout is the cause

what does your raw water test brother ?

i have troublesome tap. i run RO only for hydro. have run hydro under other conditions as well. depending where you test you can stretch it a bit, especially if you know the content. the rest so far in here is noise.

edit : also show us the plants.

2400 PPM, WOW! You need a knife and fork to drink that?

Most people who say they have really hard water are closer to 500PPM maybe 250PPM of that is cal. and no problems with cal causing lock out. You go throwing another 0 on the end of that number and things change. You are right. We need to stop using words like a lot and get the actual ballpark we are dealing with. I was always told the water here is vary hard. I replace calcified plumbing all the time at work. Checked the water company report and then still had it tested. 120PPM at the tap with 70 of that cal and mag. Hard is a vary subjective word.

Yeah my water is loaded with Ca, Fe, Bo, Mg, Mn, and Na. I have to de-lime my shower head and faucets about once a month. If I set a galvanized bucket of water outside, within a few days the water is red from iron bacteria!

Yeah my water is loaded with Ca, Fe, Bo, Mg, Mn, and Na. I have to de-lime my shower head and faucets about once a month. If I set a galvanized bucket of water outside, within a few days the water is red from iron bacteria!

cool. i'm talking to the OP though.

@Mdlroad

TY our tap water is extremely high in calcium. If I use it in humidifier it plugs up cloth filter.\

don't go by the humi. test the water for ec/ppm of the tap yourself.

edit : and get us pics. learning a read on your plants is a crucial growers skill. your plants will talk to you if you listen correctly.

Yea Phytoplankton. Stop talking to me bought people inferring high ec levels without actual test numbers. Bluter is right! We should be talking to the OP bought inferring high ec levels from a humidifier without actual test numbers! Wait,,, what were we just talking abought??

This is slightly off topic, Cover your eyes Bluter. lol

to help resist hard water buildup problems.
Any time you evaporate water the minerals fall out of suspension and collect. Minerals in or out of suspension will be drawn to metal ion surfaces (pipes, fixtures) forming a covalent bond that builds up. The use of PEX,CPVC, or other inert plastics stops this action lessening buildup.

Bluter, Phytoplankton, Sorry, I couldn't resist that one. just having a bit of fun. No offense intended.

My water in northern Los Angeles and even greater area. The ppm is 250-350 on average. Iv had some strains show lockout and I blamed the water. However. When I used RO. The lock out was much worse. There for I looked at my VPD. Some plants will over feed nutrients if the humidity is always outta wack during peak veg. And will show lockout. Even if your feeding super light.

So before blaming the tap (which plants usually love) check out your ambient, RH, & leaf surface temp. Document morning and night and see your fluctuations. Cannabis plants love consistency

it'll lock out n and k in excess.
Not according to Mulder... It locks out P, but has it has positive interactions with many other elements including K, and it has no effect on N.

Let's see some pictures. The plants use a lot of Ca and if excesses affected things this badly we would hear warnings all the time about well water being harmful to a grow... but we do not, and normally instead we see deficiencies of this element. I bet our dear OP @Mdlroad is mis-reading a more common problem. A few good pictures should give us some more ideas.

Not according to Mulder... It locks out P, but has it has positive interactions with many other elements including K, and it has no effect on N.

Let's see some pictures. The plants use a lot of Ca and if excesses affected things this badly we would hear warnings all the time about well water being harmful to a grow... but we do not, and normally instead we see deficiencies of this element. I bet our dear OP @Mdlroad is mis-reading a more common problem. A few good pictures should give us some more ideas.

first thing you hit on a google ...

The excess of calcium is difficult to detect and causes a lock-out of various nutrients such as potassium, magnesium, manganese and iron. In different ...

was aware of it messing n and k but not the other elements

Knew I had this somewhere.

Nutrient-Lockout-Chart-from-Excess-Nutrients.jpg

Back
Top Bottom