Looking for a new grow tent

Would I be happier with a 3x3 or a 4x2?
Either size should be enough to handle two plants at a time. Many tent growers mention 4 square feet per plant.

I like the idea of piecing it together. The packages are nice but often seem like they are to basic on lights, fans, filters and any other accessories. Though, in my case I already had a light set-up plus some fans and filters.

I found a deal on a 48x48x72 but it’s not from a sponsor. 60 bucks delivered!
BECAREFUL! i GOT BURNED ON A TENT THAT SOUNDED TO GOOD TO BE TRUE (sry caps capt lol) that isnt to far off that place named after a long south american river Has inexpensive tents pretty close to that price. Just make sure they are a reputable dealer I used some off the wall place because they were backed by paypal I got my money back from paypal. my first tent the one im using now was cheap I have had it a yr and it has been a great tent to learn and find out I really love growing pot. I got ripped off from Yellow falling leaves when translated it means "we got your money sucka and we dont really exsist"
just dont be a sucka like I was , lol Good luck capt you'll love having a tent it it like you have your own little planet
;

BECAREFUL! i GOT BURNED ON A TENT THAT SOUNDED TO GOOD TO BE TRUE (sry caps capt lol) that isnt to far off that place named after a long south american river Has inexpensive tents pretty close to that price. Just make sure they are a reputable dealer I used some off the wall place because they were backed by paypal I got my money back from paypal. my first tent the one im using now was cheap I have had it a yr and it has been a great tent to learn and find out I really love growing pot. I got ripped off from Yellow falling leaves when translated it means "we got your money sucka and we dont really exsist"
just dont be a sucka like I was , lol Good luck capt you'll love having a tent it it like you have your own little planet
;I thank you for your info but I already have the tent. It’s a reputable company I looked at their website.

for entry level there is nothing wrong with the majority of the vivosun or mars kits. i always tell folk that they're just fine but you will upgrade them over time. i also recommend going one size better on all the suggested lighting.

GG tents are right at the top for everything. they really are the industry setting standard. i'm going with a GG when i have to go back to a tent.

I decided to tag along with @Savvage61 ’s question to the group. Just want to thank everyone for taking the time to share their experiences.
I’m not looking for the cheapest tent nor am I trying to create a super pro setup in the thousands of dollars.
As a first setup indoors, I would just like something I will be happy with for a few years, and not want to return it when it’s unboxed, learn, experiment and then add and upgrade a few pieces as I go.

Now I’m a bit stuck on whether to invest in a pre packaged complete system or piece together my own with all of the information available to me here in the search tab.
Would I be happier with a 3x3 or a 4x2? 2 bags over the winter would suffice.
So many questions 😅
Either size would be decent for what you want.. hell you could even get away with a 2x2 for your needs.. one strong plant in a 4 square foot area can yield more than enough to last you over the winter. Hundreds of grams.

I’ve found that it’s better to piece together your grow than to buy a premade. You can find much better deals on individual pieces.. Some companies make good tents and crappy fans.. some make crappy tents crappy fans and decent lights. It’s rare that any one company does all these things well. Plus you can buy with the future in mind instead of being locked into using that specific system.. for example buying a kit for a 3x3 grow.. a year later you wanna go bigger but your light and your HVAC equipment are designed for that 3x3 space.. now you have to essentially create a second grow for upgrades.

It’s all down to personal preference.. Are you just trying to get something together quickly without much thought? Go premade and get your foot in the door so you can figure out what you wanna upgrade later. Or, spend the time researching your setup as best you can and scour the net for deals on your stuff and piece it together.

awesome Cap thats a great price and good deal Now get to work I wanna see some pics lol. Jk you'll enjoy having a tent :thumb:

i just found out that i can grow 6 in flower and 6 in veg. i thought i could only have 6 total. i'm tent hunting too. i have to renew my weed card and i'm golden. 12 is perfect.

so many tents have light leaks. cheaper for a reason.

for entry level there is nothing wrong with the majority of the vivosun or mars kits. i always tell folk that they're just fine but you will upgrade them over time. i also recommend going one size better on all the suggested lighting.
I try to to figure my absolute highest dollar amount that I can spend. Then I add 10%. Then keep another 10% to the side to be able to pick up all the incidentals that most of us forget about until assembly time.

Going to put in a fan and filter. All the parts are there but how many times do we realize that we need $5 for something that makes it easier or customizes it to what we like. Couple extra 'gizmos' to neaten up and keep electrical connections out of the water or just out of the way? Get another another $5 out of the wallet.

I try to to figure my absolute highest dollar amount that I can spend. Then I add 10%. Then keep another 10% to the side to be able to pick up all the incidentals that most of us forget about until assembly time.

Going to put in a fan and filter. All the parts are there but how many times do we realize that we need $5 for something that makes it easier or customizes it to what we like. Couple extra 'gizmos' to neaten up and keep electrical connections out of the water or just out of the way? Get another another $5 out of the wallet.
I know exactly what you mean, especially as a newer grower, I got sucked into to buying some worthless stuff I would prolly own 1/2 of ZON with all the 5-10 dollar tools ,fans and other goodies I mean do ya really need 10 diffrent size fans for a 4x4 grow tent? I got them with 3 humidifiers and 5 sets of scrog nets and pissed of wife loll Between that and my seed addiction I cant say I blame her lol

I know exactly what you mean, especially as a newer grower, I got sucked into to buying some worthless stuff
I still bought some worthless stuff I thought I needed. Would drive to the store & buy it and then a day or two later ask myself "why?" as I put it away somewhere.

Every now and then I wake up in the middle of the night and tell myself to go get something or another in the morning from the stash pile 'cause I will need it for the next project I dreamed up. Still have most of the pile of stuff waiting for another 'pipe dream'.

It is so nice to know Im not alone:)

This sure is a expensive hobby/ lifestyle.
I convice myself that im saving money My wife and I , would spend at least a $100 - $150 a week (a bit more than the $200 LB when I started lol) I havent bought pot in 6-7 months so Im saving a ton of money, I wish:rofl: the more I grow the more I get into growing I just gotta have..... Growing your own weed becomes a money pit lol

I convice myself that im saving money My wife and I , would spend at least a $100 - $150 a week (a bit more than the $200 LB when I started lol) I havent bought pot in 6-7 months so Im saving a ton of money, I wish:rofl: the more I grow the more I get into growing I just gotta have..... Growing your own weed becomes a money pit lol
Shhhh!! Don’t tell my wife! :reading420magazine: That may or may not have been my original argument to get this started 😆

I see it though.. every time I think I’m done spending money, something else pops up.. And I haven’t even started buying seeds yet :nervous-guy:

She started talking about hours spent and dollars spent so I had to claim it as my hobby so no more PC parts for a while 😎

So how do you like your new tent? I've found that in most cases (though there are notable exceptions) you get what you pay for. If I add up all the costs associated with my indoor growing, taking into account life cycle and reusable items (lights, fans, tent, etc. I know I'm way ahead of the game, vs dispensary prices.

Back
Top Bottom