Looking for hardy strain that would be content alone in nature

Yeah. I stumbled upon that a few years ago.
It's either an april fools or someone hoping people will spend a ridiculous amount of money lol.
They had some others, like a plant that can flower in the shade...
yeah its a fantastic idea, but its a lot of money to put down, to find out that its actually a joke.
if it was real though, first thing i would do is pollinate it and sell the seeds for 100 each. soon make that back, and have a world class business model, which is exactly why it seems off.

Also re: grafting cannabis onto another plant... Researcher discovered you could use a type of tobacco plant as the middle section and basically graft together a huge variety of plants you normally couldn't. Very neat. I think they grafted a tomato plant to dandelion as a demo.
i had no idea about the tobacco being so diverse as to blend with so many plants, thats fascinating.
tomato to dandelion, yikes that seems a bit of a mismatch to be honest. unless you mean a tomato plant that ends in a dandelion, but even that is odd...

thanks for sharing.

r-jpg.2555911

Hi I'm mediblemyc.
I have a plan I'm currently working out and would appreciate a little help.

I need a specific strain that will survive multiple years, so multiple crops, give good yields despite the fact that the weather is terrible.
Theyll be effectively fed for 6weeks then left to do their own thing, let nature run its course so I can drop by once a quarter and crop gradually within the sept/Oct window.

I also wish to have both male and female plants so that they will breed and give me seeds each year too.

Ideally ruderalis would have been adequate but they perish as soon as their prescribed life span is spent.

So I'm clearly looking at regular seeds vs autoflower, but due to wanting to breed I'll need actual regulars, not feminised seeds.

I'd like to think I have a good idea of cannabis growth patterns but there is a smorgasbord of new strains coming out each day, so if anyone knows of something that would fit this criteria please fill me in.

Thanks...
Sounds like you're on an epic quest for the perfect strain! For your multiple-year, low-maintenance, weather-resistant dream, regular seeds are the way to go since you want males and females for breeding. Look into some classic, hardy strains like Northern Lights or Durban Poison. They've been around the block and could handle nature's curveballs

kind of sounds like you are looking for an outdoor grow to simply go wild and self perpetuate yr in yr out.

it can be done. the largest obstacle is gonna be climate. there are a couple of places in bc where a guerilla grow has gotten wild. there really isn't anywhere else it can happen in the country. it's all about climate.

kind of sounds like you are looking for an outdoor grow to simply go wild and self perpetuate yr in yr out.

thats exactly what I am looking for. however here in the UK, the weather is awful.
i wanted to put frisian duck everywhere, in numbers so large it would be impossible to remove them all, even if there should be a concerted effort to do so.
but of course, this year since may we've had only 16 days of sunshine, so im glad i didnt spend thousands on seeds for nothing.
it can be done. the largest obstacle is gonna be climate. there are a couple of places in bc where a guerilla grow has gotten wild. there really isn't anywhere else it can happen in the country. it's all about climate.
i am aware of the guerilla mountain ranges, as many breeders go there looking for good base strains to breed with.
from what i can discern however, my only recourse would be to continue supercropping inside, though ill need a very large building to hit the amounts im looking on.

i suspect the closest place to me, geographically where this would be plausible would be france, portugal, spain or italy.
though thats a bit of a relocation effort that im unsure if i feel like doing that.

Sounds like you're on an epic quest for the perfect strain! For your multiple-year, low-maintenance, weather-resistant dream, regular seeds are the way to go since you want males and females for breeding. Look into some classic, hardy strains like Northern Lights or Durban Poison. They've been around the block and could handle nature's curveballs
its a pipe dream, but ive noticed that in my life i have a tendency to start planning and reading years before it goes into action. and when it does finally start to move, its because life has lined up perfectly for it.

for example ive been planting female plants everywhere i go, sides of roads, train lines, abandoned properties, everywhere that people walk past daily but never really see.

this i because female plants give fruits, whereas males pump out pollen consistently.
this pollen, which we will describe as a key floats around in the air giving people hay fever and Never finding its lock as there is no female plants for the key to actiavte.

its called botanical sexism.

and i believe it has been done purposely to stop us accessing food that wasnt paid for with tokens exchanged for our time.

once i had come to terms with the fact this was happening i began looking for ways to combat it, and found that just putting females out suddenly produced copious amounts of fruits, but then it occurred to me, cannabis, we pay over the odds for small pieces of it.

what if somebody set up 1000s of areas with plants, so many in fact, that i would be unable to recover it all, so it can be gifted or just found by lucky individuals.

northern lights is the biggest grow ive ever done so i have some experience with them.
although i was more considering Frisian Duck due to its stealthy capabilities.

thats exactly what I am looking for. however here in the UK, the weather is awful.

you're behind the 8-ball on that climate. i'm not sure you can accomplish what you're looking for. there are outdoor strains strains you can successfully grow - to a degree - but most need a fair bit of coaching in that climate.

i wanted to put frisian duck everywhere, in numbers so large it would be impossible to remove them all, even if there should be a concerted effort to do so.

it's a decent european outdoor strain. you need southern france conditions.

part of the problem with strains going wild is potency. they tend to adapt a bit to local climate if they take. if the climate is not ideal they may find a way to grow, but the first thing they lose is potency.

there are some northern strains that have taken wild here, but they have at least 180+ days of sunshine to do it in, even if temps aren't ideal. it's proverbial ditch weed. you might get somewhere with it if you can choke a few cigars worth down.

for comparison some sativas need 120 days in flower alone.

but of course, this year since may we've had only 16 days of sunshine, so im glad i didnt spend thousands on seeds for nothing.

i wouldn't . if you are bent on doing it then get some regs and breed up some seeds first.

i am aware of the guerilla mountain ranges, as many breeders go there looking for good base strains to breed with.
from what i can discern however, my only recourse would be to continue supercropping inside, though ill need a very large building to hit the amounts im looking on.

i don't think you're gonna hit commercial levels outdoor without a lot of work and intervention. if you're in the southern part of the UK and get the warming ocean currents you could stand a chance. your winters are mild compared to ours but your summers can be shit.

i suspect the closest place to me, geographically where this would be plausible would be france, portugal, spain or italy.
though thats a bit of a relocation effort that im unsure if i feel like doing that.

we grow outdoor lots in canada. it's a bit dicey where i am but it is done loads. most supplement with greenhouse or do an indoor \ outdoor grow. @InTheShed runs one here. go have a look at his journals.

there are a few places where an outdoor can be done. i grew outdoor in the mountains for a few yrs. got some decent stuff. look to northern BC hybrids like white widow or skunk. they like it a bit drier is the only issue.

medi, I think you answered your own question telling us finally that you are in the UK. The only way I can think of that "endless grow" happening is in a greenhouse with a thermastatically controlled environment where you are counting on seeds falling and 'volunteering' up. Not to mention lighting and of course air circulation. Cost vs. benefit I don't think is going to cut it. Find a place in the house.

no worries man, it happens.
if she makes it until next year please come back let me know.
ill be interested for sure.
20230915_122755.jpg

Ok as promised im back and last years plant that I neglected over winter outside has made it to spring and has started to regenerate, you can see on the foliage at the 1o'clock position new growth.
I will take a closer picture when I get back home .
This plant has been outside throughout winter and the frosts sitting 2 mtrs from a big tree that probably gave it "partial" shelter ,its done well 😁

Back
Top Bottom