LoveYourLife's First Grow. Closet w/bagseed.

Thanks Chameleon1, I am very noob as well. The dark green plant in the middle is the one I got a week or two ago, and it's starting to look great, big wide dark leaves, the nodes are very close together, and the stem is getting much thicker. I was thinking of doing the same to these for a little while at least, can I get some LST opinions? The one I nursed back to health has been LST'd on and off since I've had it, and I've noticed that the growth is actually speeding up a little bit from moving the stem around so much. Maybe I could tie the tall ones down? I am stumped here, I need a good course of action.

Check out my Journal! I just did some LST on mine and I defianately noticed great growth. The shoots towards the lower half of the stem are growing up to the light and they look great. From what I understand you can get several main colas doing this with out cutting your plants at all. I read a great article on LST somewhere I think it was on RIU.org if I see it I'll be sure and throw a link in.

Okay guys I need some help. I adopted 5 plants yesterday, one I chopped down after I planted it in the tub because it wasn't gonna live. I got them from the same kids that gave me the first one, and they look the same as the first one did before I nursed it back to health. They were on average 2 ft. tall and all in soda can sized containers. I put them in the tub I got them in with 2 cubic feet of dirt in it. Today they look much better than they did yesterday, they are perking up, but I don't know what to do with them. Should I try and veg them for a few weeks? I was thinking of just letting them get really big, I have about 6 feet of height available in my closet. Here are the pictures of yesterday.
Hi LoveYourLife, I just found your journal and it seems like you are off to a great start.
I bought a 400W HPS w/ ballast bulb and cheap reflector off of craigslist here in LA for about 100 bucks. While that might seem a little high I also got a like new Hydrofarm 90W CFL cloning lamp as part of the deal. Everything works fine and retails for over $300.

Regarding your recent adoptions, keep fighting the good fight. This site is full of people that have nursed sick plants back to health. I would offer one important suggestion. If you can get your hands on some cheap flower pots, transplant the girls in the tub to separate containers before the roots get all entwined. This way if your plants have specific water or nutrient need they can be addressed separately. When they are all in the same tub they get everything the other plants get whether they need it or not. I know budget is an issue but you can find them cheaply online or you can improvise. I have seen people on this site use trash cans from the dollar store and two liter coke bottles as planters. Just make sure you drill some drainage holes. Also, roots don't like light. Make sure you use cardboard, paint, whatever to black out the container if it looks like light will penetrate it.
I would definitely let them veg until they are healthier. I would also plant them a little deeper than they were than when you got them as someone else suggested earlier. They will put out roots where they touch the soil and as a result you will have a stouter plant with a stronger root system.
Good Luck on your grow.

^ I think you missed this so let me help you out....

Ummm actually where I'm from Craigslist is pretty legit. I've bought and sold off craigslist with no problems.

Don't get me wrong man. I have a friend who has bought off of CL before and it was legit. I was just talking about the specific case he was talking about. 4 400w lights with ballasts for $100? Sounds like a big scam to me Lol.

People are gonna do what they want to do I'm just saying to be careful. Also I'm not really trying to highjack the LYL's GJ so I thought I would leave it alone and I did read that I was just weighing in on an experience I have had.

PM me if you wanna talk more about it:Rasta:

Chameleon, Thanks for the imput, it does seem a little fishy no matter where you buy them from, 4 lights, ballast and all shouldn't run 100 dollars anywhere.

PotPie, thanks for the advice, I will go buy some pots tomorrow and transplant. I just put them in the tub last night so I'm sure there can't be significant root growth just yet. I have them under 6 2ft. floro tubes, a total of 240 watts with blue spec tubes, as well as a 2ft. wide spectrum plant&aquarium light and a uvb reptile floro. From what I see it seems to be enough light for the time being, am I correct? My buddy said to just swap the bulbs to soft white for flowering, it makes sense. I'm not looking for commercial quantities of yield, just something to make me happy while the next batch grows :)

One more thing, I already have them buried almost all the way to the bottom of the tub, should I find some super tall pots or just stick sith lanky plants? I'll find the tallest ones I can, providing that it's not some ridiculous height but I think they are still going to have a decent amount of stem.

...I have them under 6 2ft. floro tubes, a total of 240 watts with blue spec tubes, as well as a 2ft. wide spectrum plant&aquarium light and a uvb reptile floro. From what I see it seems to be enough light for the time being, am I correct? My buddy said to just swap the bulbs to soft white for flowering, it makes sense. I'm not looking for commercial quantities of yield, just something to make me happy while the next batch grows :)
I would agree with your buddy. Just swap out to soft white for flowering. I would also keep the light 2-3 inches from the tops as one previous post mentioned.

One more thing, I already have them buried almost all the way to the bottom of the tub, should I find some super tall pots or just stick sith lanky plants? I'll find the tallest ones I can, providing that it's not some ridiculous height but I think they are still going to have a decent amount of stem.
I think you'll be fine. Just keeps the lights as close as you can without burning them and put a fan in there so they move around a little in the breeze. This will keep them cool and also help to build stronger stems. Just make sure they don't get too dry. The fan will cause them to dry up a little quicker than without a fan.

Thanks PotPie, I repotted them and also moved my first clone to a big pot as well. They look better not that their insanely stretched stems are buried. Here are some pictures I just took after repotting.

IMG_01742.jpg

IMG_01732.jpg

IMG_01723.jpg

IMG_01713.jpg

IMG_01701.jpg

IMG_01693.jpg

I am expecting them to be looking up to par within two weeks.

That is correct. I'm not sure but I think the others are supposed to be MK as well.

Here is what I found.

First called High-Rise, Master Kush was developed in one of the tall buildings of south Amsterdam. Instantly the coffeeshops fell in love with this special new tetraploid. Through popular demand, this Hindu Kush/ skunk hybrid was stabilized and marketed. It has been a classic ever since. A strong plant of medium height and bushiness, Master Kush is a heavy producer with soil, hydro, and has great greenhouse results. The earthy smell of Master Kush is strong and the smoke is smooth.

º Plant height: Medium Plant
º Stoned or high?: Medium Indica/Sativa
º THC level: High THC
º Flowering Weeks: 8/9
º Yield : 500
º Harvest Month: 8/9

I cut down the plant that was stretched the most, but I savd the top and a lower section and I'm trying to root them. If it works good I may do that with two other ones that don't look as good. Is this a good idea or should I just let them grow and see what happens? I'd be doubling the amount of plants I have and they'd get to grow up healthy on the plus side. Down side I suppose would be failure, resulting in two plants and three seedlings left.

Yes ma'am

So I got 2 new plants today, in the same pot and they're big(ish). I transplanted them into a big pot and adjusted my lights a little bit, made use of the top of the 3-light fixture by making it the upper decker clone center, along with two seedlings. I'm thinking about waiting until the smallest one is bigger or until the clones are stable to flower, but I'm going to need to do it quick. Or I could get more lights and set up a flowering room in the other half of my closet... I'm not sure what I'm going to do just yet but I need to think quick... Pictures once theyre up, I'm using my iPhone as an internet modem and this site takes forever to load on it... Well wish me luck and thanks for reading.

Back
Top Bottom