LoveYourLife's First Grow. Closet w/bagseed.

Will do, thanks for the advice/tips and such, much appreciated. Btw does anyone wanna buy a rattlesnake or two? Lol if I get rid of them I can use their light as well.

Because they have been in captivity since they were born... I don't know how they would do without me lol.

Ok, I gotta ask what is up with the plant you have LST'd. Why are there no lower branches? I can see what appears to be nodes but it looks like the branches were lopped off.

Is there any chance you can put it in a deeper pot and bury about 3-4" of the main stem? It looks extremely spindly and I don't know how strong that stem will be later on. It would suck to wind up getting bud growth but having to stake the stem because it can't support the weight. Also I had one of mine LST'd for less than two weeks and took the "restrainers" off...just over a week later and it's still retaining the bent over shape.

If you put it in some FFOF you can skip the nutes for a month or so too. Also remember CFL's are quite cheap especially when you buy them in the 2-packs (or more). I found some at Target a few weeks ago...26W 2-packs for $4 :D Buying the supplies to correctly rig them up can cost a few bucks but you can work your way up too...start off with a lamp socket, some cable, and a Y-splitter. Then add extra splitters and what-not (check my journal for an example or look for the "CFL Chandelier" thread in the "Cabinet setup" forum) as your plants grow.

Sparker, a buddy of mine did a fairly small SCROG grow in a dresser using CFL's and got about 8-9oz (i forget which, I think it was 9) dry. The buds had a decent flavor to them, not overpowering but definitely tasty. It can be done and done successfully but as you stated if you've had the opportunity to use the HID's I can see where you would not want to mess with fluorescents of any kind past the seedling stage. I would love to get some HID's but I can't afford them and the heat would be a serious issue for me in my grow space. One day :) You and I both know that once this guy gets a taste of growing it will quickly evolve in to something more serious lol, constantly upgrading and looking for something better!

Sparker, a buddy of mine did a fairly small SCROG grow in a dresser using CFL's and got about 8-9oz (i forget which, I think it was 9) dry. The buds had a decent flavor to them, not overpowering but definitely tasty. It can be done and done successfully but as you stated if you've had the opportunity to use the HID's I can see where you would not want to mess with fluorescents of any kind past the seedling stage. I would love to get some HID's but I can't afford them and the heat would be a serious issue for me in my grow space. One day :) You and I both know that once this guy gets a taste of growing it will quickly evolve in to something more serious lol, constantly upgrading and looking for something better!

LOL yeah man once you start growing you start learning! I've grown since 1997 and still am learning, buying, upgrading. Right now I am coming off a couple of year break and finally cleaned my grow room! Had to just buy for 2 years due to health and well some paranoia lol. Good to be a bit paranoid!

Growing is a learning process. Reading about LoveYourLife's grow reminds me of myself when I began. If you can get through the process of learning without getting discouraged the rewards are great.

Using flourescents I just remember putting in so much effort for so little return. I totally bow to your friends growing skills if he can do that with flourescents! Because let me tell you I tried and tried to use them and my buds were horrific! Granted they were my very first attempts and I was learning too. I'm sure these days I might could pull it off but the effort sure would be WAY more than using a HID.

I'm not rich or anything either so I can sympathize. I sincerly hope you guys get the opprotunity to try/use HID/MH. For me it changed everything. When I switched my buds finally looked like all the pretty pictures I saw on the website (Overgrow) back then. It just really was an amazing experience for me switching from flouro's to MH/HID. Totally worth the investment.

Here are some pictures from yesterday, the new top leaves are already bigger than the ones below it.
71_002.jpg

71_001.jpg

Look nice and healthy. Can you answer my question from my last post please regarding the long spindly stem with no branches? :)

Hey check out the first post that was made bro. He described how he acquired a plant that was kinda abused. Apparently the person he got it from must have cloned the shit out of it. It's still looking good though.

Plant abuse... I'm getting 2) 400w MH and 2) 400w HPS light systems for 100 dollars, is this me being stupid? Ad was on craigslist in the LA area, I talked to the guys wife who is in vegas and got this: Her husband is picking up tons of these in fresno, coming down to Long Beach and selling them to numerous people at 4 for 100 dollars. Does this sound like a scam or might it actually pay off?

Well it turns out the light thing was legit... But I didn't have cash :( I do have a semi-impressive update though. I'm going to post pictures of the first day I got the MK plant to compare.
Day 1.
mk_001.jpg

mk_005.jpg

and now....

mk_003.jpg

mk_002.jpg

I have to say, I am rather impressed so far. I didn't think this would last even this long, but I am looking forward to seeing it through to the end. I have three new sprouts, they are already purple and it is genetic, one is growing super fast, the other two are at normal speed, I'm gonna try some weird way of growing one, though I'm not sure how yet. I also bought rooting hormone from walmart, its the cheap crappy powder so I'll see how that goes. I took some tomato cuttings from my mom's plant today and attempted to clone them, we'll see how that goes.

Well that sums up today's update, I hope everybody had a fun and safe 4th of July.

Plant abuse... I'm getting 2) 400w MH and 2) 400w HPS light systems for 100 dollars, is this me being stupid? Ad was on craigslist in the LA area, I talked to the guys wife who is in vegas and got this: Her husband is picking up tons of these in fresno, coming down to Long Beach and selling them to numerous people at 4 for 100 dollars. Does this sound like a scam or might it actually pay off?

Definately sounds like a scam.... U have to be very careful with all craigslist stuff. Everything that is too good to be true probably is! This guy is gonna sell you a grand worth of equipment for a $100 bucks? He doesnt' expect to make money right? LoL

I use to work at a car dealership in the internet department and they put together some very elaborate scams to try and get us. They would send out fake money orders in over the amount and say take a little for your self and send the rest back. Instead they get your account info when you try and deposit it and they drain your account.

On your grow I like it. Very green and bushy I'm doing my first grow right now as well. Veggin under a 2ft 6 bulb HO T-5 and then moving to the 400 W HPS to flower. Got 2 chronic clones mine are about 2 weeks or so older then yours.

I have a journal too its here if you wanna check it out = Chameleon's First Soil Grow 2 CHRONIC

GL on your first grow my fellow toker
:bong:

With Craigslist you may get ripped off but you can also get a kick ass deal. You're gambling a bit. You might get the light home and it starts smoking.

Back to my original messages you can get all kinds of badass equipment for cheap if you know where to look. The best place for cheap lights is buying from online police auctions.

Sure I was sleptical at first myself. I thought this is either the most awesome thing in the world or it's entrapment. It turned out to be the most awesome thing in the world! Over the past 10 years I've bought several lights that all worked 100%. Got one 1000 watt system for 50$ and another one for 80$ even included the light bulb. Both lights ran for years and years.

The auction place I used is-
Product Catalog at PropertyRoom.com & Garden&CategoryId=454

Since you live in LA you can even pick up the stuff without shipping & handling. Anyway sounds crazy as shit but they are for real and I've bought several things from them over many years.

With Craigslist you may get ripped off but you can also get a kick ass deal. You're gambling a bit. You might get the light home and it starts smoking.

Back to my original messages you can get all kinds of badass equipment for cheap if you know where to look. The best place for cheap lights is buying from online police auctions.

Sure I was sleptical at first myself. I thought this is either the most awesome thing in the world or it's entrapment. It turned out to be the most awesome thing in the world! Over the past 10 years I've bought several lights that all worked 100%. Got one 1000 watt system for 50$ and another one for 80$ even included the light bulb. Both lights ran for years and years.

The auction place I used is-
Product Catalog at PropertyRoom.com & Garden&CategoryId=454

Since you live in LA you can even pick up the stuff without shipping & handling. Anyway sounds crazy as shit but they are for real and I've bought several things from them over many years.

Sparker you have a iron clad set of balls man. You would definately never see me at one of those police auctions getting lights.

Shit man I ordered my first light from them around 10 years ago and haven't seen the feds yet, lol.

I'd use a friends address just for an added layer of safety. You know where the lights came from and yeah I was like is this shit a setup or what. I was just beginning to grow 10 years ago and needed a nice light for cheap. On Overgrow they turned me onto that site and I used them. Since I didn't have a crop going I ordered and am glad I did.

First light I bought was 1000 watt HPS, ballast, bulb, reflector, everything included. Only thing was the cord from the ballast to the wall was cut off. Got a replacement at Home Depot for 3$. Anyways got an 800$ light for 80$.

Second light I bought was even nicer. There was like a flood of them on that site and I got like a 1400$ light for 50$. They're auctions you know so the prices are all over but still cheap.

So I dunno what to say. Sounds crazy but here I am after all these years. The sites legit and they don't use it to bust people.

If you're suspicious or paranoid which I think is a good thing then don't use it. Less people bidding better deals for me, hahahah :grinjoint:

Okay guys I need some help. I adopted 5 plants yesterday, one I chopped down after I planted it in the tub because it wasn't gonna live. I got them from the same kids that gave me the first one, and they look the same as the first one did before I nursed it back to health. They were on average 2 ft. tall and all in soda can sized containers. I put them in the tub I got them in with 2 cubic feet of dirt in it. Today they look much better than they did yesterday, they are perking up, but I don't know what to do with them. Should I try and veg them for a few weeks? I was thinking of just letting them get really big, I have about 6 feet of height available in my closet. Here are the pictures of yesterday.

IMG_01593.jpg

IMG_01613.jpg

IMG_01622.jpg

Wow those babies are S-T-R-E-T-C-H-I-N-G!!!!!! They must of had the light like 6 ft away ha ha! If you are planning on letting them get bigger in the veg state be careful. When you flower them from everything that I have heard they get massive once you start the 12/12. I'm still a newbie but I thought I would throw in my opinion.

Thanks Chameleon1, I am very noob as well. The dark green plant in the middle is the one I got a week or two ago, and it's starting to look great, big wide dark leaves, the nodes are very close together, and the stem is getting much thicker. I was thinking of doing the same to these for a little while at least, can I get some LST opinions? The one I nursed back to health has been LST'd on and off since I've had it, and I've noticed that the growth is actually speeding up a little bit from moving the stem around so much. Maybe I could tie the tall ones down? I am stumped here, I need a good course of action.

Back
Top Bottom