Luxx's 2nd Grow Perpetual Closet and Cab Setup

Re: luxx's 2nd grow perpetual closet and cab setup.

Text update Feb15 8 Days Veg.

Yellow leaves on 2 of them still, look healthy otherwise. The big one is dwarfs the others in size. I wish i wish i wish its a female, Might be the one. The others are performing nicely. Temp in the cab is around 85-90 with 30 pct humidity. Need to fix my intake fan as it seem stuffy in there. No air changing. If the roads are clear in the morning i will go out and get a fan. Might get 2.

Still debating on what i should do with my flower room, need suggestions for a decent yield, like a quarter pound every 2 months from rooted clones. How many? Size pots? DWC? Scrog? sog? grow a couple trees? vertical scrog? vertical and horizontal scrog? (90 degree scrog, hmmm posible?)

Basicly, if you were me, what would u do? dont be shy.

Check this if your bored.
YouTube - ANTI-MARIJUANA FAIL!

Just post a pic of any bud you have...that should lure some subscribers lol. After reading through your journal I wish had seen it earlier.

Anyway to repeat what others have already said...those little "baby" leaves die off, so long as the other leaves are happy you don't worry!

Did you figure out how to seal your flower room door yet? Might I suggest those rubber "sweeps" that are screwed to the bottom of doors to reduce/eliminate drafts? On the side with the hinges get some thick black plastic and run a wide strip from top to bottom covering the gap between the door and the door frame. Tape it in place and leave slack for it to open and close...unless your door opens outward, may not work as well. As for the side with the latch maybe multiple rubber sweeps?

Hey Lil Neutrino! Glad to have you aboard!!

Just post a pic of any bud you have...that should lure some subscribers lol. After reading through your journal I wish had seen it earlier.
Better late than never. Right?

Anyway to repeat what others have already said...those little "baby" leaves die off, so long as the other leaves are happy you don't worry!
Yea, i noticed that the yellowing of those leaves doesnt matter. I was like "Nute burn already!? Maybe this isnt a good idea." thing.

Did you figure out how to seal your flower room door yet? Might I suggest those rubber "sweeps" that are screwed to the bottom of doors to reduce/eliminate drafts? On the side with the hinges get some thick black plastic and run a wide strip from top to bottom covering the gap between the door and the door frame. Tape it in place and leave slack for it to open and close...unless your door opens outward, may not work as well. As for the side with the latch maybe multiple rubber sweeps?

Its a dual door 50/50 setup. I already use weatherstripping around the doors doubled up, still minor light leaks, but nothing too awful bad. BUT, only when the doors are being pushed shut. (I tryed to make the cab airtight so the exaust fan would suck the doors in, negitive.) I will try one more thing, on the inner edges of the door i can put these .5x1s running around the whole cab. then put a single layer of weatherstripping on the new board. Then close the doors on the inner boards with the stripping. Still need a latch system, will head to the hardware store to browse. Been working 50 hour weeks so only real work i can get done is on the weekends.

Thanks lil for joining my grow.

And 420 mag, sorry for loosing my faith in this place.. wont do that again.

Quick update: The big plant is even bigger! more leaves new growth, makes me all tingely inside! Watch it be a male, thats my luck. PICS TONIGHT! Stay tuned for the next episode of "As the World Grows" :yummy:

Its a dual door 50/50 setup. I already use weatherstripping around the doors doubled up, still minor light leaks, but nothing too awful bad. BUT, only when the doors are being pushed shut. (I tryed to make the cab airtight so the exaust fan would suck the doors in, negitive.) I will try one more thing, on the inner edges of the door i can put these .5x1s running around the whole cab. then put a single layer of weatherstripping on the new board. Then close the doors on the inner boards with the stripping. Still need a latch system, will head to the hardware store to browse. Been working 50 hour weeks so only real work i can get done is on the weekends.

I'm confused, I could have sworn you posted a pic of the door itself that I saw earlier this morning while catching up. I was going to take another look as I missed the 50/50. Or wait...are you talking about your cabinet or the water heater room?

Thanks lil for joining my grow.
Happy to be here :)

And 420 mag, sorry for loosing my faith in this place.. wont do that again.

lol...look at my second journal. It took me over a week just to get past page one...yours is way ahead of mine. I know what you were going through, had the same feeling on my first journal too...post all kinds of stuff and minimal responses but there are a TON of grow journals going on. I'm still finding new journals by people I remember from my last grow! :nicethread:

I'm not much of a soap opera fan but something about the title of yours sounds intriguing, I'll be watching!

looking good man, I'm definitely in until harvest, so don't pull the journal off.

I recently had a similar issue with my leaves curling and the plant was overall droopy. It was a combo of being over watered and having the light too close. I let them dry out an extra day and bumped the light up a couple of inches and within a few hours she had picked back up.

Text update Feb15 8 Days Veg.

Yellow leaves on 2 of them still, look healthy otherwise. The big one is dwarfs the others in size. I wish i wish i wish its a female, Might be the one. The others are performing nicely. Temp in the cab is around 85-90 with 30 pct humidity. Need to fix my intake fan as it seem stuffy in there. No air changing. If the roads are clear in the morning i will go out and get a fan. Might get 2.

Still debating on what i should do with my flower room, need suggestions for a decent yield, like a quarter pound every 2 months from rooted clones. How many? Size pots? DWC? Scrog? sog? grow a couple trees? vertical scrog? vertical and horizontal scrog? (90 degree scrog, hmmm posible?)

Basicly, if you were me, what would u do? dont be shy.

Quarter Pound every two months?

Do like a 2-4 plant DWC Scrog and you'll smash that easily. You can grow a tree if you'd like but they require a longer vegging time. Vertical scrogs will help you maximize your grow space as well. the choice is ultimately yours. If you decide to do a soil scrogg, 3 gallon buckets will do you just fine unless ur planning to do a long vegging time.

dro:nomo:

looking good man, I'm definitely in until harvest, so don't pull the journal off.

I recently had a similar issue with my leaves curling and the plant was overall droopy. It was a combo of being over watered and having the light too close. I let them dry out an extra day and bumped the light up a couple of inches and within a few hours she had picked back up.

Sounds like my symptoms, tho have been adding water as under the impression that they were underwatered. You would think there would be distinctive differences but guess there isnt really. Fingers crossed they show signs of life by weekend else they are binned so I can concentrate on the new ones with confidence.

I think my main problem not only was the lights being too close, it was my 24 hour light that they hated. Now they all have new green growth, check it out in tonights update.

Quarter Pound every two months?

Do like a 2-4 plant DWC Scrog and you'll smash that easily. You can grow a tree if you'd like but they require a longer vegging time. Vertical scrogs will help you maximize your grow space as well. the choice is ultimately yours. If you decide to do a soil scrogg, 3 gallon buckets will do you just fine unless ur planning to do a long vegging time.

dro:nomo:

Since i will be using clones they will be shorter, and i can run them strait 12/12 after a month in the veg chamber. I want to go with 4, 5 gallon dwc buckets, scroged, but with my area, i dont know if i can get to the rear screen to work the plant around the screen. I could use the 3 gallon soil, since ive never done dwc, it will be a trial and error thing. I could elevate the base of the pots up far enough with milk crates that i can move around under the plant better. What about changing the water at the end of flowering?

Sounds like my symptoms, tho have been adding water as under the impression that they were under watered. You would think there would be distinctive differences but guess there isnt really. Fingers crossed they show signs of life by weekend else they are binned so I can concentrate on the new ones with confidence.

I knew that my watering was ok, i always wait till the soil is dry to about a inch, and i pour the water until a little run off exits the cup. Simple and effective. But that didnt stop me from asking if that was it. Lost my growing self-esteem, getting it back thanks to you guys.:thanks::thanks:

Day 9 Picture Update.

I typed this up and decided to name my plant for better reference, lets call this one, Momdukes.

Momdukes looked like it needed more room to grow, so i moved it to a larger container (1/2 gal). The others dont seem to want to grow as fast as momdukes, no real considerable height gains to them, leaves still folded down.
Soil is nice and moist after 30 hours from watering.
Ph is a little high at 7.2
Light were moved up, no stretch whatsoever.

I will check my runnoff tomorrow morning during a watering session.
One thing i did notice last watering is that the color of runoff from Momdukes was sooo much clearer than any of the others. Is this significant?

pics...(cam batterys was dieing so not many pics.)

Momdukes, take a bow.
SS850387.jpg

One of them with a sick looking leaf.
SS850388.jpg

Look how Momdukes stands out... crazy..
SS850392.jpg

Blurry root system, didnt want to put her down to take a pic, and i was shaky anyway..
SS850404.jpg

...in her new home.
SS850412.jpg

she seems happy....
SS850413.jpg

SS850417.jpg

SS850415.jpg

SS850414.jpg

I will monitor her closely.

In the mean time, ive been busy ordering hydroponic equipment, going for simple easy dwc system..

1 pump running 4 airstones to 4, 5 gal buckets.

So far i have ordered the net pots, hydroton, and it came with some rockwool cubes.

My fan controller and PPM meter are both on their way. I have ph drops, need a ph pen though, running low on money, ill see how much adjusting ill be doing.

I will be going to petsmart in the morning to get a airpump, airline, assorted ends, and 4 air stones (might get 8 depending on how much ill be spending.)
Need to get 2 more 5 gallon buckets and 3 lids. New rotozip bit would be nice. Some more metal tape to tape the buckets up (is this needed? they are grey in color and look light proof.)

Do they sell rubber grommets that you can run the air stone tube through? I want to keep a clean setup.

Going to hang the pump from the ceiling, using some sort of rubber strap i find at the hardware store, prolly a bungee cord.

Soon i wont need anything, and my grow will be flawless. (Maybe not this one, but the 2nd set of clones i do will be.)
:thanks:

Heres a update of my plans and setup, so i can keep a accurate record.

Light and Vent Setup:
400w hps cooltube 6 inch
170 cfm blower 4inch
Active carbon filter/scrubber

Medium:
Mothers-
4 bags of Hyponex potting soil
2 bags of Vermiculite
Clones- diy dwc cloner
Flowering-
3-4 dwc 5 gallon buckets

Seeds:
Acquired seeds from a friend of a friend after he gave me a tester of the strain, and i was blown away. He said it was called Mexican Gold, so thats what im gonna call it for lack of a better name. Since i have a small abundance of these seeds, ill see what happens.

Nutes:
BMO triple pack, and spray mix

Rooms/Cabs:
1x2.5x5 clone veg cab
3x3x7 flowering room

The Plan:
grow 2 solid females, take clones, root for 2weeks and veg for 2 weeks, then 8 weeks flowering, dwc, scrog

They're all lookin good to me :nomo::cheer:

& Hydroponex is some pretty good soil! and cheap too! i just cant find any around here =(

Hot damn, son! That's an arsenal.

Day 11 Picture Update:

Build Photos.

DWC setup...
SS850440.jpg

SS850435.jpg

SS850434.jpg

SS850432.jpg

New veg cab latches, work like i dream, they grab harder than i thought. I got 8 of them, 2 was more than enough.
SS850442.jpg

SS850444.jpg

SS850445.jpg

doors stay sealed now.
SS850446.jpg

Couple pics of the flowering room, gonna pull down the carbon air filter, since it is on the wrong end. Still need a oscillating? fan for air movement within. The fan speed controller is great, although i think i need max cfms to change air more than 3 times a min. Seen some calculations and they all come of different. So, i will go off of the temp.
SS850451.jpg

SS850453.jpg

Does it look like they will have plenty of elbow room once they get going?
SS850468.jpg

SS850469.jpg

SS850470.jpg

SS850471.jpg

Now for Momdukes and the 7 dwarves.
SS850467.jpg

SS850466.jpg

SS850465.jpg

SS850464.jpg

SS850463.jpg

SS850462.jpg

SS850461.jpg

MOMDUKES!
SS850457.jpg

SS850456.jpg

SS850460.jpg

Do they look fine, the last seedlings i grew, i pretty much closed the cab, opened it up, they were a foot tall. Although, at the time, my perception of time was flawed by prescription medication.

I need to relax and let them grow, i wouldn't be so worried if they all grew the same. Instead, i have one plant that is four times the size of the others. Need to see whats going on in my cab. I know that the air is stale inside of it, and theres not much airflow. Temps bounce in between 68-73 when lights off, 82-88 when lights are on. The surface of the leaves on the small ones felt dry and old, so ive been spraying with the nute spray that bmo provided.

Soil is real tough, feels rubberish, but stays decently moist.

Off of a whim, how hard is it to switch to hydro at this point.

Well, im off to do something, gotta keep busy. Later :peacetwo:

Momdukes is sick, need a doctor to report to my post, stat.

Humidity it so low it is off the chart on my meter, it just says LOW% That the problem?

SS850472.jpg

SS850473.jpg

Niiiice so far. That closet should hold them.. are you going to have more than one plant in the 5 gallon buckets? Yea for veg you do want higher humidity.. if you can get it between 40%-55% RH you're fine. All in all lookin good luxx :nomo::smokin:

Niiiice so far. That closet should hold them.. are you going to have more than one plant in the 5 gallon buckets? Yea for veg you do want higher humidity.. if you can get it between 40%-55% RH you're fine. All in all lookin good luxx :nomo::smokin:

Only one plant per bucket for a optimal root system. My rh is terrible, I think that i will go out and buy a humidifier, not only for my babies, but for me, havnt had a clear nose since i moved here.

The cupping from what i read is from too much heat and not enough humidity, so its cupping itself in order to get more moister, I gave it, its own side and raised the lights on that side, moved all the other babies to the opposite side. I also placed two wet hand towels in the cab with em. Hope i can keep her happy,

"Blurry root system, didnt want to put her down to take a pic, and i was shaky anyway.."

You aint supposed to handle the roots like that Im sure man?

"Humidity it so low it is off the chart on my meter, it just says LOW% That the problem?"

Checked battery?

"Temps bounce in between 68-73 when lights off, 82-88 when lights are on."

I have heard that a 20 degree swing in high low temps is a bad thing. Curently mine have about a 6 degree swing at the moment.

Do you not have any flat cups, like the larger one there? With indented/rippled sides can be a pain to transplant i hear.

Back
Top Bottom