MaggiesFarm - 1st Grow - Soil - Indoor/Outdoor - Nirvana Freebies - 2014

If it's unconditioned, you may need a heater too. Even the low country gets too cold for cannabis at times. Maybe a small unit that does heat AND cool. it'd take up more room, but might be a better option.

lol, I ditched our little "pool shed" for a hot tub. I put all the pool stuff into one of those bench seats (flippers, snorkels, vac hoses, dip nets, toys...done) next to the hot tub. Funny, since all the kids are gone the whole area gets used rarely. :straightface:

Both the poolhouse and the garage are unconditioned. I'd be taxing the electric capacity in the poolhouse by adding a heater. Garage might be easier in that regard. I'd also have a lot more room in the garage, once all the crap is cleaned up.

The one monkey wrench in the whole deal is my wife wants to move to a smaller house in about a year. I'm all for the move since it will end most of the in-law visits and get me closer to my office. Oh well, I can always rig up some wardrobe boxes and grow a plant in each one. That's probably going to be what I have to live with until we get moved and settled late next year. It will certainly give me a chance to save some money for a nice grow area!

Well, a small tent can be fairly well-camouflaged in a garage. In a small poolhouse/storage room, you'd simply have to keep it locked and tell the wife "Don't go out there...it has bugs" and change the locks...lol.

It's funny, I have a neighbor that has a tent setup in his garage and he grows table herbs in it year around. He has it in plain sight and though i haven't asked him about it (nunna my bizness), we both know it's a front. He and I have gotten buzzed over the years a few times, and his kids are all grown and gone too now.

I don't have to worry about neighbors thank goodness. They are far enough away and there's plenty of vegetation between us on both sides. I'll have to measure the poolhouse to see what will fit out there. I do know the less money my wife sees me spending, the more tolerant she is LOL.

... I do know the less money my wife sees me spending, the more tolerant she is LOL.

And so it is for me too...lol. I got a green dot card from wallzmartz and load it when I have a spare $20. Not to hide the money, but it's my way of setting it aside and earmarking it if you will. Also, the pre-paid card allows for online purchases too. So, while I try to patronize the local brick & mortar stores as often as I can, if there's something I need now and is only available online I can do that too. If I don't have the cash for it, I go without until I do.

This will be my last update on the Bubblelicious Auto Fems in this journal. I'll be moving all Bub related grow stuff to a new journal later this evening.

Bub #1 got FIM'd this afternoon. I wanted to do the deed as early as possible. Maybe I went too early....we'll just have to see.

CAM002082.jpg

CAM002092.jpg

Here's Bubs #2-4 still in the seedling cabinet. They are under 3 14w 6500k CFLs 20hrs on and 4hrs off. Bub#2 had some issues breaking through. It looks like one of the cotyledons is folded over and stuck to the top of the upper leaf.

CAM002102.jpg

CAM002111.jpg

New journal: Nirvana Bubblelicious Auto-Fem Outdoor Grow 2014

The freebies are doing good in the heat, drinking a lot of water. I think they'll be ready for more food tomorrow.

I got home yesterday and the girls(?) were thirsty! They each got almost a gallon of water with some CaMg+. Hopefully they get a full day of sun today. I keep thinking any day now they will start to show sex. I'm going to try to get clones of each going in the seedling cabinet, mainly for some much needed practice since my first effort failed miserably.

The girls(?) got a good soaking today from Mother Nature and they drank it all up. Both were showing plenty of new growth.

FTB-01 had a few leaves that looked like something had been chewing on them. Upon closer examination I found a couple of small caterpillars crawling around. They were quickly dispatched and the plants were sprayed with the last of my Mighty Wash. I'll be off to Target tomorrow to get some Dr Bronner's Peppermint Soap to make some of that Completely Organic Homemade Insecticide Gfcollective posted about.

Hello MaggiesFarm,

Fimming is not an exact science hence the name. Go all crazy on it when you Fim. It is amazing how the girls will respond. Well done on the fimming job BTW. Your girls will make you lots of nice colas/

Maui

Damned caterpillars. Nature always finds a way to survive...and infiltrate our gardens. Sounds like you got the little nibblers before they could hurt your plants too much. I gotta go scope that Gfcollective thread too...:nomo:

Here's a few pics before the rain starts again this afternoon. No new caterpillars on either plant and no new chewed leaves that I could tell. I did find a damn gnat on FTB-01 but that problem will be handled tomorrow. Plenty of new growth on both girls(?) and I'm going to skip a week on the defol. I'll tuck some fan leaves if they are blocking bud sites, but no defol this week.

Pics were taken with a real digi camera and not my phone. I found that my phone and Google were syncing all my pics into an online gallery. I had been deleting the pics off my camera after each shoot, but they were already sent to Google. :yikes: I did an image search and didn't find anything so I think I got rid of them this time. It was such a PITA to delete them out of Google that I decided to start using my Canon. Maybe I can get some better close ups.

FTB-01 with lots of new growth since last weekend's defol even without a lot of sun. Also some chewed leaves and a gnat, right before he died.

IMG_261110.JPG

IMG_261412.JPG

IMG_26159.JPG

IMG_26168.JPG

Here's FTB-02 with not as much center growth as I'd like, but it's getting there. No visible signs of bugs using her as a salad bar.
IMG_261210.JPG

IMG_261711.JPG

IMG_26189.JPG

Well, so much for clearer pics, but the close ups were better. Does anyone more knowledgeable than me see any sign of sex on either of these two?

Update on the Bub girls will be posted soon. Thanks for checking in!

Could you take some extreme closeups at nodes? It's difficult to tell in those pics, try to get realllllly close like this:

2014-06-24_13-35-13_740.jpg

I second this ;)

I will do my best. The macro setting on my camera doesn't seem to work too well, but I might be doing something wrong. I can't get manual focus to work either. Damn, time to get out the directions!

definitely in love with the sativa,

Good luck for parallel yard, be sure i'll sit in there :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom