MaggiesFarm - 1st Grow - Soil - Indoor/Outdoor - Nirvana Freebies - 2014

I think I was more tired and disappointed than actually depressed. We were finally rid of all of our house guests and my wife and I were worn out. Last night, climbing into the sack early and getting a solid 8 hrs was just what I needed. I'm hoping my first grow will yield some good meds for my wife's depression. At this point she's still skeptical that I can grow anything that will work. I love a good challenge!

Hey, MaggiesFarm, allow me to empathise. Not only are we growing for similar purposes but I also know what it's like to have The Outlaws staying. Following your journal, I have no doubt that you will meet the challenge. And remember:

Swing low sweet chariot, come down easy
Taxi to the terminal zone;
Cut your engines, cool your wings,
And let me make it to the telephone

The youngsters are just going to have to Google it.
Pip Pip! Mr Teddy :thumb:

Hey, MaggiesFarm, allow me to empathise. Not only are we growing for similar purposes but I also know what it's like to have The Outlaws staying. Following your journal, I have no doubt that you will meet the challenge. And remember:

Swing low sweet chariot, come down easy
Taxi to the terminal zone;
Cut your engines, cool your wings,
And let me make it to the telephone

The youngsters are just going to have to Google it.
Pip Pip! Mr Teddy :thumb:

TIdewater 4 - 10-09 :bravo:

The plants are looking great, and I'm loving the wood on your deck/porch. All the money in the world couldn't buy aged lumber that nice.

What exactly are those foam tie downs you're using? Is it something you made? Product you bought? How strong are they, and how do you attach them to your anchoring points?

Antics, only years of neglect can produce that weathered wood look LOL.

They are foam wire ties from Home Depot, pack of 15 for $3.49 I think. I stick one end into a hole in the air-pot and wrap the other end around the branch. It works pretty good.

Looking lush m,fer.

Thanks Dusty!

I wish I could get some better close up pics with my phone. Maybe I need to play around with it to see if there's a macro setting. I've got a digital camera around the house somewhere. I'm sure it could do a better job.

Awesome LST application MF, they are going to really bush out! Picture perfect healthy girls, sometimes the best treatment is to not & let em be, your plants looks splendid with what you are doing :Namaste: Keep up the great growing :bong:

Wow MaggiesFarm,

Them girls are looking great. Keep up the good work.... I will be watching to the end.

Maui

your LST seems to fit your girls needs, still very good job, i love the look of the sativa

Here's a few pics from this afternoon before and after the defol on FTB-02. I wanted to open up the middle a little more by removing a lot of inner fan leaves. I also made some LST adjustments.

FTB-02 before defol
CAM001842.jpg

FTB-02 after defol and LST adjustments
CAM001853.jpg

The leaf pile
CAM001862.jpg

I couldn't update without a pic of FTB-01. I just did a lite defol on her(?) the other day and the new growth is strong.
CAM001872.jpg

More toes for you feet freaks out there LOL.

Last in-law weekend starts tomorrow and ends Sunday afternoon.

Quick update: The girls(?) got another good dose of rain this morning. What they really need now is a couple days of good sunlight. I sprayed them yesterday for pests. Some of the leaves in the defol leaf pile from Friday had some spider mite eggs attached to the underside. These were older leaves and the eggs may have been dead already since I didn't see any evidence of live mites. It never hurts to be sure.

I'm also proud to announce the arrival of a new seedling, one of my Nirvana Auto fem Bubblelicious girls. I germinated her on July 4 and she broke ground on July 10. Three more seed have sprouted tap roots and are in Rapid Rooter plugs as of yesterday. They were germinated on July 16. All are resting in my seedling cabinet.

CAM001881.jpg

Edit: Almost forgot...my house is now in-law free!

Plants are looking great MF. Great defoliation work and I know your glad to have your privacy back lol. How long are you going to let them veg? Also, how are you liking the air pots? I've been considering starting my seedlings in the 1g air pots but wasn't sure if the hype was real/worth it.

Plants are looking great MF. Great defoliation work and I know your glad to have your privacy back lol. How long are you going to let them veg? Also, how are you liking the air pots? I've been considering starting my seedlings in the 1g air pots but wasn't sure if the hype was real/worth it.

I'm going to let Mother Nature decide on veg time. I'm guessing they will probably veg into early September. Weather here shouldn't really be an issue for a late October harvest. The new autos may finish first.

So far so good on the Air Pots. I might be 1 short if all the autos break ground so I was thinking about doing the last one in a regular nursery pot just for comparison.

Forgot to mention when I germinated 2 Bubblelicious beans the first week of July I ended up losing one due to my fumble fingers. I dropped one and it never recovered.

Hey MF'er (maggiesfarm-er, duh) get a #1 smart pot. They're cheap and considered comparable to the air pots in many ways. That would be a cool side-by-side too.

Back
Top Bottom