Magnus8's Canna Cream, Body Butter & Canna Lotion Study Hall

Sweet! I just ordered some today. I may add some into my next mix. I ordered them to make suppositories for experimentation with the BioBomb recipe. The infused coconut oil has a delicious smell too, with the right strain.

What strain did you use with your cream? I have grape seed oil all over my hands and arms and I'm gonna have to wash it off. I didn't add any essential oils to this batch to cut the smell, and I'm not partial to the smell of grape seed.
I used a high THC local grown strain... And local ACDC that I thought had a higher THC than the strain I liked

I added about 15 drops each of peppermint, tea tree, and lavender oils plus about 1/8t of vit E. All this in about 4oz ish of total oils.

The scent is great..no grape oil smell at all

Do add the cocoa butter...if ya like chocolate....and I do...

I used a high THC local grown strain... And local ACDC that I thought had a higher THC than the strain I liked

I added about 15 drops each of peppermint, tea tree, and lavender oils plus about 1/8t of vit E. All this in about 4oz ish of total oils.

The scent is great..no grape oil smell at all

Do add the cocoa butter...if ya like chocolate....and I do...

Mmmm, chocolate. :kiss:

I'll grab my keys! :) And I'll bring a frosty beverage for the desert.

Had to add a little more to mine too. I was using minute amounts because I only had 2 oz O fingpd used grape seed oil on hand. Next batch I'll be making with coconut oil. I like the smell and the texture better, and that's what I need to use because I have patches of psoriasis that'll react negatively to the grape seed. Too many carbon chains.

For now, this'll do for the BIL to get started.

image19589.jpeg

Hey Sue,

All this happened today while I was in Edmonton for my stupid back appointment! Jeesh! And I missed all the fun...

Sue, may I suggest that you NOT use coconut oil in your topical formulation? Coconut oil has properties that prevents the skin from absorbing it, suggesting also that it will prevent the cannabinoids -- those lovely little buggers that do all that work for pain relief -- from entering past the skin barrier. In other words, if you use coconut oil, it will prevent the cannabinoids from entering into and past your skin. Rather, it will prevent those little lovelies from entering into our system just because it is coconut oil.

And that's not what you want, is it?

much love,
Magnus.

p.s. Hard at work writing Chapter VII of Loving Max, while still editing Chapter VII of Finding Max...

Moe, how long have you been using it for the neuropathy? The panelists I watched suggested you need to be consistent in application for months before you may begin to feel the relief, but they all had patients that used it for neuropathy and got that relief. One mentioned that she had a patient that it took five months of twice-daily applications, morning and night.

To be honest I think I only used it on my feet for about two weeks. Probably not enough time to tell. I was really hoping it would work on my itchy legs but not so much relief there. It's is a great first aid cream and works great on mussels and joint pain, pretty fast to.

I have no clue what diabetic nerve pain feels like nor do I care to experience it. Luckily my neuropathy is not that painful. Once in a blue moon it feels like I'm getting a tattoo on the bottom of my foot but only lasts for ten seconds or less. I do keep my feet covered at all times because a cool floor feels like I'm taking up an electrical charge to shoot out of my eyes or fingers ⚡⚡️ so I do miss going barefooted.
One of the nasty drugs I was on oxiplaton really does a number on your nerves and the stuff can stay in your system for up to ten years. It did a number on my hands and feet. Luckily my hands have gotten a lot better still a little numb but at least now I can hold a glass of cold water or a beer. I Remember on time I was in the grocery store with the wife and I opened the freezer door to grab some frozen pie crusts well when I grabbed without gloves on it felt like I got hit with 277 volts of electricity, I threw it,jumped about ten feet and scream chit. My wife saw this coming and I think she almost pissed her pants laughing at me.
Ok now I'm stoned and rambling so I better stop before I fill ten pages.
But before bed I will start using lotion on my feet.

I'm planning to make a cream based on infused grape seed oil per Dave Groomer's method with modifications for using the Magical Butter Machine

Dave's instructions I am using are:
supergroomer said:
I infused 2c of Grape Seed Oil with 16g assorted bud. The bud was decarbed @ 230f for 110 minutes. Added to oil in pyrex dish and cooked in oven @200f for 8hrs. Strain.In double boiler I put 1c uninfused GSO. 1.3oz beeswax grated into the oil as it heats. Once all the wax is melted, add 1c infused oil and combine. Pour out into 2 8oz containers.

My plan so far:

Step 1 - Decarb 10g of dried bud in the oven for 110 minutes @ 230F.
Step 2 - Combine the 10g decarbed bud with 6g dried bud and 2 cups Grape Seed Oil.
Step 3 - Mix in Magical Butter Machine(MB2) for 8 hours @ 190F.
Step 4 - Strain

Comments on above:

The mix of decarbed and non-decarbed bud is to approximate a 60% THC to 40% THC-a ratio. It might not make a difference since 8 hours @ 190F may decarb, but it's worth a try.

2 cups is the minimum size of oil recommended for the MB2. Only 1 cup infused oil will be used for later steps. 1 cup will be reserved for later use (cooking, another creme with essential oils, or sublingual dosing.)

Grape Seed Oil was chosen because it is edible, available, and I hope non-allergenic *Please let me known if grape seed is likely to be a problem with an autoimmune rash - not in my family, a friend.

MB2 temperature options are: no heat, 130F, 160F, 190F, and 220F.
190F was chosen because it is close to Dave Groomer's 200F recipe. .

- - -

Steps 5 - TBD

I could use some help on the turning the oil into a cream part. I'd like to keep it simple.

The second part of Dave's instructions are:
supergroomer said:
In double boiler I put 1c uninfused GSO. 1.3oz beeswax grated into the oil as it heats. Once all the wax is melted, add 1c infused oil and combine. Pour out into 2 8oz containers.

About how long should it take to melt the beeswax ?

Can I simply run the infused and uninfused oil and beeswax through the MB2 for 1 hour @ 160F?
Will the mixture pour out easily when warm, or will it be too thick to pour?

I don't have a MB2 but I'd say do it like I did which is what groomer does just to be safe.
Make a 4oz test run in a dbl boiler..easy to do Google it if not sure how to make a dbl boiler...
16 oz is a lot of cream to make. Try a smaller batch 1st, is what I did, and save the infused oil for more later or other projects
Ya need to whip the mix as it is cooling to get it all incorporated with each other

Hope this helps..good luck and have fun

I'm planning to make a cream based on infused grape seed oil per Dave Groomer's method with modifications for using the Magical Butter Machine

Dave's instructions I am using are:

My plan so far:

Step 1 - Decarb 10g of dried bud in the oven for 110 minutes @ 230F.
Step 2 - Combine the 10g decarbed bud with 6g dried bud and 2 cups Grape Seed Oil.
Step 3 - Mix in Magical Butter Machine(MB2) for 8 hours @ 190F.
Step 4 - Strain

Comments on above:

The mix of decarbed and non-decarbed bud is to approximate a 60% THC to 40% THC-a ratio. It might not make a difference since 8 hours @ 190F may decarb, but it's worth a try.

2 cups is the minimum size of oil recommended for the MB2. Only 1 cup infused oil will be used for later steps. 1 cup will be reserved for later use (cooking, another creme with essential oils, or sublingual dosing.)

Grape Seed Oil was chosen because it is edible, available, and I hope non-allergenic *Please let me known if grape seed is likely to be a problem with an autoimmune rash - not in my family, a friend.

MB2 temperature options are: no heat, 130F, 160F, 190F, and 220F.
190F was chosen because it is close to Dave Groomer's 200F recipe. .

- - -

Steps 5 - TBD

I could use some help on the turning the oil into a cream part. I'd like to keep it simple.

The second part of Dave's instructions are:

About how long should it take to melt the beeswax ?

Can I simply run the infused and uninfused oil and beeswax through the MB2 for 1 hour @ 160F?
Will the mixture pour out easily when warm, or will it be too thick to pour?

I wouldn't want to clean beeswax out of the MB2 Rad. I'd hold on that idea. You're going to find uses for this cream, so I'd suggest you make the 2 cups infused in the MB2, to make your life easier, if nothing else.

The concern about the grape seed oil was with psoriasis. Any oil with over 12 carbon units will aggravate that condition, so I use coconut oil instead. I've heard no rumblings about topicals with grape seed oil causing any rash concerns. Anyone else hear otherwise?

In all likelihood you'll get decarbed THC in the plant material you add undecarbed after eight hours, but not to the rate that you'd get with an oven decarb, and it'll offer you a more diversified cannabinoid presence, IMO. I used to think eight hours was too long. I no longer believe that. It seems to me that this would extract the maximum cannabinoids. I'm pretty sure this is what Dave does. I need to learn to be less lazy. :battingeyelashes:

If you grate the beeswax it melts much faster, but I find it melts in quickly with vigorious stirring regardless of the size of the chunks added.

I don't have a MB2 but I'd say do it like I did which is what groomer does just to be safe.
Make a 4oz test run in a dbl boiler..easy to do Google it if not sure how to make a dbl boiler...
16 oz is a lot of cream to make. Try a smaller batch 1st, is what I did, and save the infused oil for more later or other projects
Ya need to whip the mix as it is cooling to get it all incorporated with each other

Hope this helps..good luck and have fun

Hey Scorpio,

Just for info, you don't need to whip the crap out of the mixture to incorporate the beeswax into it. The beeswax will mix in nicely with simple stirring as long as it is all melted. You whip the shit out of your formulation only if you want it to feel extra creamy to the touch. But it is not necessary.

I used to make a body butter that I used to sell. I'd whip the heck out of it just to give it a frothy, creamy, white-ish appearance. But it was all about appearances, not about actual need to do it. And it's true. A body butter looks and feels much creamier when it has been whipped.

I'd like to reiterate here that one should not use coconut oil in their topical formulations with canna. The coconut oil works as a barrier preventing the absorption of the cannabinoids into the skin system.

Best,
Magnus.

I think Sue has an allergy issue with grape seed oil...why she uses coconut....
What's a alternate to GSO that's easier to get

It's not so much an allergy as that the bacteria that cause some forms of psoriasis will react unfavorably to any oil with more than 12 carbon chains. The skin condition will actually accelerate where we were hoping for healing. That kinda limits me to coconut oil.

I think Sue has an allergy issue with grape seed oil...why she uses coconut....
What's a alternate to GSO that's easier to get

Hey Scorpio,

There's lots of oils you could use topically, and also that can be ingested.

Walnut Oil
Sweet Almond Oil
Pumpkin Seed Oil (for spectacular absorption into the skin)
Olive Oil (Cold Pressed)
Avocado Oil (takes a bit longer to sink in but it eventually does mostly sink in)

There's a few for starters but availability will depend upon many things such as where you live, urban or agricultural region, your disposable income (what you can afford), etc. All of them are available online at any soap crafting website or lotion making website. Those websites with have TONS of oils available for your use.

Hope this helps, Scorpio. I am so excited to see how well it works for you. Please tell us as soon as you know how it's working for you, okay?

Best,
Magnus.

I've used it a few times

I can't say 100% I really see relief
Now I know I'm dehydrated..so my aches and paines reflect that. I think tomorrow I'll be hydrated and should notice the if the cream helps or not

Wife loves the plain cream I made....but I haven't heard if she noticed any pain releaf yet

Hello all.

I put some of the pain cream I made into a small cream jar and took it to a friend of Felonious' last week. She was skeptical, I think but her neck was aching and I told her that it would help. I told her I've even put mine on my forehead when I've had a headache and it worked.

Anyhow, she sent us a message the next day saying that she had used it on her neck before bed and was amazed when it actually worked. She made me very happy as I like to help.

Hello all.

I put some of the pain cream I made into a small cream jar and took it to a friend of Felonious' last week. She was skeptical, I think but her neck was aching and I told her that it would help. I told her I've even put mine on my forehead when I've had a headache and it worked.

Anyhow, she sent us a message the next day saying that she had used it on her neck before bed and was amazed when it actually worked. She made me very happy as I like to help.

Hey HG,

That's great news! I'm so happy that your cream/butter worked out so well for you. And am even more pleased that your friend was able to benefit from it. Having been on the receiving end of others' kindnesses this year myself, I know how much a friend like you means to have. People like you and FP are rare gems, and your friend must know this by now, I'm sure. I know I certainly do.

I also find it fascinating that your pain cream helps your headaches. I can't wait until the end of summer when I'll be able to make my own. This current inside grow of mine isn't turning out to be as bountiful as I had hoped originally when I planted these seeds back at the end of December. It's been a long wait and as I watch them flower it becomes apparent that I'm not going to get much from this grow, so I won't be able to make any cream for myself. But after growing outside, I hope to be able to have enough of a harvest to make as much pain cream as I damn well please. So there, ye gawds of small cannabis harvests! I defy you!

Okay, so I'm tired. I just cut most of the grass and it took me about 3 hours on a riding mower to do it all. Tomorrow I've got to finish the other third of the lawn. Jeesh -- whoever said living on a farm was getting back to nature? Come springtime, all I ever do is clean up after nature it seems...

Anyway, congrats on the success of your cream/butter. You deserve it.

All my best,
Magnus.

:thanks::thanks::thanks: Magnus thank you for all the knowledge and energy you given to this thread. I'm loving it, I'm a slow reader especially if Scorpio420 read this in a morning. It's taken me days. to catch up. I'll be making up something soon. Ive picked up some pumpkin seed oil (you have spoken so highly of it), shea butter, Mango butter,and I have coming Manuka oil, Manuka honey, and emu oil.
What essential oils would be good for this? I am trying to emulate a honey healing balm that I purchased from a Med dispensary many moons ago, it ony says "theraputic essential oils"and it has coconut oil in it so given your take on CO, I thought I would try pumpkin seed oil.:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom