Mainlining a Bruce Banner#3

024backwards

Has anyone ever tried to train a BB#3 using a mainline technique? This is my first grow, about 1 week into veg, and have very limited space (2x2x5 tent) so trying to decide how to train it to maximize my space. I like the idea of the 4-8 cola focus and it seems easy enough to do, although it looks like it might delay veg a bit. Any thoughts/compelling experience that suggests I should I stick to something a little more traditional like a top/FIM/LST approach?

Got a manifolded gorilla glue in flower right now. First time doing it but seems good so far. I think you get similar results with quadlining but it doesn't slow veg down quite as much. Done a couple of quadlines previously and it seems a popular method.

Has anyone ever tried to train a BB#3 using a mainline technique? This is my first grow, about 1 week into veg, and have very limited space (2x2x5 tent) so trying to decide how to train it to maximize my space. I like the idea of the 4-8 cola focus and it seems easy enough to do, although it looks like it might delay veg a bit. Any thoughts/compelling experience that suggests I should I stick to something a little more traditional like a top/FIM/LST approach?
If you have time to train and spread out using mainline it will work great for you. Given your limited grow space you will be able to maximize volume pulled from each harvest. But if you want to rush your veg period the other methods you mentioned will improve volume on a shorter veg.

Thanks Bill/VetSmoke, I'm in no real hurry to veg, just looking to maximize the area/genetics. the quad approach is a good compromise. I may try that, I'll check back in in a week or two with a pict/update.

Thanks Bill/VetSmoke, I'm in no real hurry to veg, just looking to maximize the area/genetics. the quad approach is a good compromise. I may try that, I'll check back in in a week or two with a pict/update.
I have done it in the past. It’s fun and a real blast watching it grow if you have it right. And some huge colas will be your reward. Cant wait to see.

Hey everyone, here she is, before and after I topped her last night (down to the 3rd node, she was at 7 nodes, 8 inches tall). I am going to train her on Tuesday and strip the remaining leaves below the 3rd node. Its almost ready to be topped again so could have done this a node or two sooner. She looks really strong! Let me know if you have any feedback/ideas.

24BB7D2B-265F-4F30-8430-903FBF742D0B.jpeg
E0ED12A9-7CBE-4515-A77B-8FF06D04491E.jpeg

How Not to Main Line Your Girl: I did a bunch of research before I started this process, but whoever said "practice makes perfect" was spot on. First I over-stripped her after the 2nd top (going from 2 to 4 mains). Once she recovered, I realized that top had been done asymmetrically, so the new mains were growing in the wrong direction. I wound up breaking one of those mains training it to grow the right way. In the midst of this my PH meter broke and I slightly over-nuted her, likely with water the PH of acid rain, trying to correct a calcium deficiency (solved!).

The good news is she has survived and seems healthy now, if not a little small. Unfortunately I am down to 6 mains after the final top this morning (picture to follow) but I am going to "stop the top" and let her focus on her growth and training for a couple of weeks, undisturbed. I am planning to transplant her to her final home, strap her to a tomato cage, and flip her to flower when she gets about 12-14 inches tall. A 6 main plant should still be fine if not a little unbalanced don't you think?

Back
Top Bottom