Male or female?

galston102

Male or female

20220206_075455.jpg

female - pick the balls off but a beter look could very well be a hermie - one can get good smoke with hermie's if you grow them out + you get seeds
Interesting, was not aware of that. Thanks for the savvy.

female - pick the balls off but a beter look could very well be a hermie - one can get good smoke with hermie's if you grow them out + you get seeds
U r right my friend
It looks like a true hermaphrodite and not a plant that starts to throw out a few male flowers late in the flowering stage. How long has the plant been flowering?

Another photo of the same spot on the plant in 2-3 days will really tell more.

I used one of your sponsors that's the results can you suggest better choice

what's the strain ? i'm pretty sure you can mention it even if a sponsor.
some strains are more prone than others. heavy sativa leaners will do it more often than an indica. there are thai land races that do it in the wild.

at the extreme your conditions can cause it or at least help load the dice against you. make sure to rule out any environmental issues to be sure before you re-invest in new genetics.

i've had fantastic luck with a number of suppliers, unfortunately none are sponsors at the moment. i'm about to try an auto run with @Weed Seeds Express stuff, haven't tried them before, but a lot of folk on the board like them. the vault, RQS, herbies, and barney's farm are all on board and have great reputations. you could try any of those.

edit : coffee shop seeds is new here and have a giveaway and stuff going on right now, you could give them a try.

also destroy that plant. growing it out is asking for too much trouble. it can affect you over several grows without you knowing.

It looks like a true hermaphrodite

it 's such a strong response my first instinct is it's bred in as well. i only hesitate as i've seen known good genetics ball right up with some growers. if you stress them the right way at the right time they'll all do it to a degree. even regs.

without knowing the full story it's hard to call. those don't like they needed much of a push though.

Thanks but I think I'm going to keep on growing it

When a cannabis plant is purposely breed it is the undesirable erratic low potency low quality genes which are eliminated choosing one dominant desirable phenotype to focus the greatest attributes into. This breeding is a multi generational focused process which can not be shortcut. The photograph shows when the breeding project fails to produce stabilized genes. Without successfully eliminating bad genes the term strain does not qualify for what is produced.

Many seed banks are only brokers who do not produce these seeds themselves. In the past seed banks have also been supplied with bad batches of un stabilized genes which were rushed to the market before proper breeding program was successful. Reputable seed banks make the original breeder aware of the defect and if continued quality issues present no longer carry seed lines from these breeders. I would contact the seed bank, submit photographs and detail the issue. Allow the seed bank to respond to the issue before negative actions

You should give thought to the stray pollen which shall coat every indoor surface and destroy every attempt to successfully harvest quality cannabis. Every grow attempt for the next 2.5 - 4 years will become polluted with low potency low yield undesirable pollen. Pollen indoors does not denature or break down at the same rate as outdoors under sunlight and weather exposure. Allowing the plant to produce mature pollen is ensuring disaster. 1/5 cannabis growers end up moving to other residence once this contamination has occurred to evade the undesirable pollen.

Destroy the plant or ensure frustration.

^^^^^^^ !!!

You should really consider just starting over. John C is preaching some excellent wisdom. Tough to hear...but the best wisdom often is.

I see your grow area appears to be a part of a room or garage maybe. Even inside a tent it would be difficult to get it sanitized of all pollen. In that area you have, you are just asking for missing one pollen sac that opens and it will be everywhere. So many places for it to hide in. It sucks. I know. But just count your losses now, instead of risking more losses later.

I guess my question would be, why not start over?

I used one of your our sponsors
You're a part of this community now too. These sponsors are yours too now! Welcome!

It would be good to reach out to the sponsor and let them know! Also, figure out if it was environmental stress that caused the hermie.

Back
Top Bottom