Mars Hydro Grow Journal: TS 3000, Gorilla Glue Auto, 4x4 Tent, 2 Medium, 2 Pot Sizes

BTW I didn't mean to insinuate yours isn't a good side by side. It kinda reads that way im sorry. I just meant a huge commercial grow with all necessary controls in place. :peace: :green_heart:
I didn't take it that way... it all good. I appreciate the knowledge and the opinions...

nice first grow mate. congrats :Rasta:will still want smoke report on bud.

your going to love and hate the auto`s mate. love the experimental grow!!
5gal is most popular for autos but really your room size is deciding factor.
3 or 5gal both are good and how you work plants and placement in tent matters just as much as 2gal diff i think. 5gal may be easier to look after because it hold more water(soil) but if you got to jam pots in just to use 5gal good luck.

New Grow Questions;
-are you amending your coco and soil ?? or just soil.

Soil: I will be very interested to see how the auto and FF goes, i`m assuming your just using straight water.
Coco: using nut`s when watering or amending or both.

3 or 5gal both are good and how you work plants and placement in tent matters just as much as 2gal diff i think. 5gal may be easier to look after because it hold more water(soil) but if you got to jam pots in just to use 5gal good luck.

New Grow Questions;

Soil: I will be very interested to see how the auto and FF goes, i`m assuming your just using straight water.
I think I'm adding 25% to FFOF and I'll be doing a top dressing of Gaia green bloom 2-8-4 after fist month. I will be amending Coco with gaia green all purpose 4-4-4, worm castings and perlite. I will top dress as needed. That's the plan. I will be updating OG Kush Journal with final weight. I trimmed up first girl.. she came in at 3.7 ounces . Still fingers are crossed at reaching a pound on first grow.. Doubtful tho, but it will be close.

I think this rule only applies to indoor growing. Are those Autos in those 10 gallon bags?
those plants are gg4

few yrs back .. lots of sun at the north end of pool get the light off the water.. unfortunate those plants good mowed into lawn got a bad case of powdering mildew white stuff outside after some heavy rains in sept.. easy to get outside

If I wasn't doing experiment I'd defiantly use 5 gallon. People swear no difference in growth. I'll find out for sure. Maybe i'll look into that Accelerator gold.
how about tossing in the 7 gallon pot into the experiment i bet 7 wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

those plants are gg4

few yrs back .. lots of sun at the north end of pool get the light off the water.. unfortunate those plants good mowed into lawn got a bad case of powdering mildew white stuff outside after some heavy rains in sept.. easy to get outside
That sucks... so much safer indoors.

That sucks... so much safer indoors.

indoor has it's advantages but so does outdoor, 10+ oz`s dry and 3 oz of sugar leaf shake, old days i'd make oil out of sucker leaves and that plants would hypothetically be worth easy $1500.00++ without even trying, of course in money you are saving not buying weed :yummy:. plus it's nice being outside :Rasta: after an northern ontario winter.

In ontario i believe it is law you grow indoor and outdoor, says right on ontario lic. plate ` a place to grow` !!

20201007_173851.jpg

I think I'm adding 25% to FFOF and I'll be doing a top dressing of Gaia green bloom 2-8-4 after fist month. I will be amending Coco with gaia green all purpose 4-4-4, worm castings and perlite. I will top dress as needed. That's the plan. I will be updating OG Kush Journal with final weight. I trimmed up first girl.. she came in at 3.7 ounces . Still fingers are crossed at reaching a pound on first grow.. Doubtful tho, but it will be close.

sounds good mate, very glad you started this journal!
Im also growing in coco first time as i slowly work my way back to my hydro tub. I've gone opposite to you and using coco more as a neutral medium and use nuts in my watering to feed, also decided to do the coco/soil mix because i was scared i forget to water.
Found the ph level my plants like in coco/soil mix is between 5.8-6.2, i like to vary my ph between a range when watering. notice so far 6.2 -6.1 they really like.
In soil (promix) my plants seemed to like 6.6-6.8 but when i use FF i like stay 6.8-7.0. I've added extra cal/mag for coco, found people argue this one with coco, but also did my normal amount (less) and can't see difference so far. I think cal/mag sometimes gets over used because seems to be everyone first thought of whats wrong with plants when sick.

looks great!! and good luck with germination, hope the plant god smile :)on your grow.

indoor has it's advantages but so does outdoor, 10+ oz`s dry and 3 oz of sugar leaf shake, old days i'd make oil out of sucker leaves and that plants would hypothetically be worth easy $1500.00++ without even trying, of course in money you are saving not buying weed :yummy:. plus it's nice being outside :Rasta: after an northern ontario winter.

In ontario i believe it is law you grow indoor and outdoor, says right on ontario lic. plate ` a place to grow` !!

20201007_173851.jpg

sounds good mate, very glad you started this journal!
Im also growing in coco first time as i slowly work my way back to my hydro tub. I've gone opposite to you and using coco more as a neutral medium and use nuts in my watering to feed, also decided to do the coco/soil mix because i was scared i forget to water.
Found the ph level my plants like in coco/soil mix is between 5.8-6.2, i like to vary my ph between a range when watering. notice so far 6.2 -6.1 they really like.
In soil (promix) my plants seemed to like 6.6-6.8 but when i use FF i like stay 6.8-7.0. I've added extra cal/mag for coco, found people argue this one with coco, but also did my normal amount (less) and can't see difference so far. I think cal/mag sometimes gets over used because seems to be everyone first thought of whats wrong with plants when sick.

looks great!! and good luck with germination, hope the plant god smile :)on your grow.
I grew a jher 12 tall this summer in Ontario, it was such a shifty fall this year she never really finished. I just picked a few sunny days and started chopping.How did yours do outside this fall.

plant daddy
interested on reason you picked GG4 as your auto. great plant plant and easy to grow but any other reason.
I know it seems to be goto plant for edibles with my mates who grow.
I grew a jher 12 tall this summer in Ontario, it was such a shifty fall this year she never really finished. I just picked a few sunny days and started chopping.How did yours do outside this fall.
i hear you bro, end of fall blew arse with rain and no sun. when do you start in ground outside.
i usually end up 2nd week of june, try to avoid sneaky frosts of may.

everything finished good but my sativa dominate plants, amnesia, nevilles haze, sour diesel. i knew going in they`d be tuff to finish if not impossible. they are still good smoke but you know they could be so much more. i just love living the dream that we may get a late november grow and they`ll finish one of these years.
Bugs where a bitch this year for me and a bit of mold but i was real happy with my traditional finish on time plants for ontario.
I also did black amnesia fast from TNSB for first time and it was done mid sept and not bad stone for fast version plant. I also like to do a few auto outside and pull them in aug usually, exciting to harvest in august and the auto love the long days.

Victoria just isn't a good climate for an outdoor grow:lot-o-toke:. I play golf with a buddy that has green house and does well tho. Just keeping the climate indoors is a challenge during the winter. Not just cold but humidity is a bitch.

Does anyone use humidity packs? Pros and Cons. I'm in the process of drying and curing last grow and feel a little stupid. everything I put in jars seems to be at about 55%. I harvested over 4 day so I have more hanging that smaller buds don't break cleanly off so I feel like it not ready yet I also feel I waited to long on what I have processed thus far. I still about half hanging.

91CAC944-3490-47FE-9930-12374B28CDC3.JPG

03FFA0EC-72CE-4D7D-9535-CADD18625D7E.JPG

95C51B5B-3C91-4E9E-A93B-7CC6716B3565.JPG

plant daddy
interested on reason you picked GG4 as your auto. great plant plant and easy to grow but any other reason.
I know it seems to be goto plant for edibles with my mates who grow.

i hear you bro, end of fall blew arse with rain and no sun. when do you start in ground outside.
i usually end up 2nd week of june, try to avoid sneaky frosts of may.
I'm growing GG because my Wife doesn't smoke often but when she does she like to think and write. I was hoping to grow a strain that would affect her in a positive way... Also a close friend loves this strain to smoke and recommended it. I'm putting together a variety so I can become a connoisseur, hence harvesting at different stages. I on the other hand, love to get dumb. I'm a top A and it make me relax and in a vegetive state. :cool: I'm very limited experience smoking myself and want it all. Next grow will be several strains.

i`m still in search of the perfect auto that matches photo plant for stone. i really like growing them because it`s fun to see it change so fast and they are perfect size for indoor and you can do different strains and finish close to each other. but i`m not 100% in yet not to keep doing photo plants too.
I`ve smoked weed since i was 16 years old

lock down blows.

what time cycle you running, thats another one like pots size people have different opinions on.
Does anyone use humidity packs? Pros and Cons. I'm in the process of drying and curing last grow and feel a little stupid. everything I put in jars seems to be at about 55%. I harvested over 4 day so I have more hanging that smaller buds don't break cleanly off so I feel like it not ready yet I also feel I waited to long on what I have processed thus far. I still about half hanging.

91CAC944-3490-47FE-9930-12374B28CDC3.JPG

03FFA0EC-72CE-4D7D-9535-CADD18625D7E.JPG

95C51B5B-3C91-4E9E-A93B-7CC6716B3565.JPG
i use packs, i think they are good idea for weed you store. the jar sitting in your smoking tray i don`t think needs one unless you got extra. the packs are like 62% i think and your at 55% so pretty close.

i`m still in search of the perfect auto that matches photo plant for stone. i really like growing them because it`s fun to see it change so fast and they are perfect size for indoor and you can do different strains and finish close to each other. but i`m not 100% in yet not to keep doing photo plants too.

lock down blows.

what time cycle you running, thats another one like pots size people have different opinions on.

i use packs, i think they are good idea for weed you store. the jar sitting in your smoking tray i don`t think needs one unless you got extra. the packs are like 62% i think and your at 55% so pretty close.
I have a bunch hydro packs. I'm putting them in each jar. In my research I haven't seen anyone putting them in unless their is a problem with buds being to dry and for storage. I have a bunch of micro thermometer hygrometers. They seem in accurate but all are reading around 55% in the jars so I put hydro pack in all of them. Trimming more today. The buds seem a bit wetter but since I've been waiting to long I'll see what happens today. I guess I was just wondering if they are not Ideal for the cure. I haven't decided on the lights yet, buy leaning towards 18/6 maybe 20/4 on lights.

lock down blows.

Isn't 55 a little low? don't I want to get buds to at least 62% Is it ok to cure at 55%?

sorry i thought your still hanging for some reason. yes you are right use the packs jar 60-65%

Optimal Drying Environment:
Room Temperature – Around 70°F (21°C)
50% Humidity

Optimal Environment in Jars (Curing):
Room Temperature – Around 70°F (21°C)
58-65% Humidity

New Grow Questions;

Yes.. I'm using straight tap water. I have chloramines in the water. The plant will adapt or die... I will ph up when I add molasses unless someone tells me I don't need to because of the organic grow.

found this
< 55% humidity – When buds are too dry to continue curing, your hygrometer will read less than 55% relative humidity, even after buds are in jars with hygrometer for 24 hours. If it’s between 55-60%, don’t worry too much! Curing will still take place, just perhaps a little bit slower.

Back
Top Bottom