Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:circle-of-love:some of our customer checked your pics,they got one question: what is the hanging distance you are keeping? the current distance looks too close to the plants,how your plants react to that?:high-five:
IMG_0557_1_1.JPG
IMG_0556_1_3.JPG

Now im thinkin i shuda went with the 320 pro..oh well

:circle-of-love:yeah,if one pc of Mars II 400 in a 2'x2' space is fine,but 2 pcs maybe little stress for the heat:Namaste:
A 400w in the 2x2 space will work find and coverage will be great. Its what i got and it works fine heat isn't an issue expect yields of about 100-150 grams (depending on strain conditions and so on....

:circle-of-love:morning DeVille,we will have the result within this week,last week we got a short holiday here.:high-five:
Hi SmokeSara :) When will we know the results for the third Mars cup?

:circle-of-love:some of our customer checked your pics,they got one question: what is the hanging distance you are keeping? the current distance looks too close to the plants,how your plants react to that?:high-five:

That's interesting. I think I have my lights even closer than those. And my girls love it.:high-five:

:circle-of-love:usually what is the hanging distance you will keep in flowering stage?:high-five:

With the girls I'm growing now the lights are about 12" off the canopy, with a few tops reaching to about 10" I am not advising this to anyone else, just saying that it works for me on this grow. :thumb:

:circle-of-love:yeah,usually i will recommend grower keep it 12-18inch above the plants during flowering stage,and grower can keep it closer.But there isn't a standard number,usually need to check how the the plants react:no light burn,then it's fine.:high-five:
How about the temperature when you keep the light very close?:high-five:
That's interesting. I think I have my lights even closer than those. And my girls love it.:high-five:

10",i c.I even saw some grower when they hang the light,the light almost reach the top of the plants...and the plants didn't get any problem such as light burn or heat stress...:volcano-smiley:
With the girls I'm growing now the lights are about 12" off the canopy, with a few tops reaching to about 10" I am not advising this to anyone else, just saying that it works for me on this grow. :thumb:

:circle-of-love:yeah,usually i will recommend grower keep it 12-18inch above the plants during flowering stage,and grower can keep it closer.But there isn't a standard number,usually need to check how the the plants react:no light burn,then it's fine.:high-five:
How about the temperature when you keep the light very close?:high-five:

Temps during daytime between 76-80, night when lights out about 69-74. It's trying to be spring here, outside temps are a roller coaster. The house doesn't know whether to turn on furnace or AC or neither lol. Those are temps at canopy level. Good exhaust and airflow helps.

10",i c.I even saw some grower when they hang the light,the light almost reach the top of the plants...and the plants didn't get any problem such as light burn or heat stress...:volcano-smiley:

Just before harvest I had a few flower tops just brushing the glass cover of the Mars II 400. Had no choice, was that or chop them off. no room to even tie it down. The lady took it like a champ. Again, I am not recommending anyone do this. :Namaste:

:goodjob:some grower jsut worried that if they keep the light too close the plants,it may cause heat stress to the buds.:Namaste:
Temps during daytime between 76-80, night when lights out about 69-74. It's trying to be spring here, outside temps are a roller coaster. The house doesn't know whether to turn on furnace or AC or neither lol. Those are temps at canopy level. Good exhaust and airflow helps.

:high-five:I understand that,when the plant stretch out,nothing can stop them.:volcano-smiley:
Just before harvest I had a few flower tops just brushing the glass cover of the Mars II 400. Had no choice, was that or chop them off. no room to even tie it down. The lady took it like a champ. Again, I am not recommending anyone do this. :Namaste:

:goodjob:some grower jsut worried that if they keep the light too close the plants,it may cause heat stress to the buds.:Namaste:

And it can. You really need to keep an eye on your girls,, and listen to them. It took me a while to find the height that works for me and my girls. :)

Yes,it's high risk to do that sometimes...but really got big buds...still we do not recommend to do that:Namaste:
And it can. You really need to keep an eye on your girls,, and listen to them. It took me a while to find the height that works for me and my girls. :)

Back
Top Bottom