Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:thanks:

We will have prizes for Best journal Best Photo Best Video. This year, we hope Mars300 and Mars600 users also take part in this contest.We plan to begin this contest from next month and prolong the contest as you suggested so that more people have a chance to part part in.We can not refuse people to join in this contest from other channel such as instagram, facbook...but we can make a fair rules for different channel

You should just do different categories for different social medias. Keep them all separate contests

Different strains have different time for harvest, it is hard to know which one is fastest finisher. We hope beginner and experienced growers can enjoy this contest happily. If we give prize to best harvest, it is not easy to judge how much he harvest. If the harvest come from our lights. Do you think so?

The final weight thing is a hard one cause some will bullshit just to get free stuff unfortunately. But again someone could grow under different lights then just take pics with your mars hanging there for any catagory

I would go for best photo, best plant, best nug etc. i dont calculate grams per watts because thats very misleading at times. Prizes i would leave up to Sarah to choose.

:thanks:
I have the same idea. Although all people use mars hydro light for test, if they use different nutrients...it will also affect harvest. It is hard to say which people get most harvest with Mars light.

If the grower uses marsproII light to win contest, we send him least light: such as Reflector series, ECO series...,it is not good. We think we can decide prize according to the light this winner use. How about your idea?

JUST BE CAREFUL, The reflector 96 CAN AND WILL LIGHT BURN your plants if you put it too close! My imaginary friend found out first hand! LOVE THE POWER!

Pls tell your friend to use this light as the suggested height on user manual::thanks:
Seedling stage:24'--30'
Veg Stage:18'--24'
Bloom stage:12'--18'

Indeed it does FrostyBud :) I could have told your invisible friend that. It's a little strain dependent - believe it or not. For example this Big-Bud pheno I have here can grow as close as 8-10 cm and you won't even notice it on the buds or leaves. Then I have this White Widow pheno that will get light bleached if the lamps are a millimeter closer than 40 cm. That one is one of the most beautiful plants in my collection so I keep it alive even if it's not the highest yielder. Thinking about breeding in some heavy yielding strains and hope I get a pheno that keeps the colors.

And that was a lot of blablabla from my side

Sara asked for suggestions for prizes, so I gave her my dream prize. Last year's prizes were amazing - I know because I won them. I got a big 4x4 tent with 4 Mars Pro II 80's + 4 Mars bars for side lighting. I use them to keep bonzai mothers alive while the 80's are flowering 16 plants right now.

Mars-Hydro give away amazing prizes every year and I bet they will do that this year as well :)

here's some of the stuff I won last Mars Cup
update_006_-_overview_mobile_phone.jpg

Thanks for your experienced conclusion: strains affect the light distance from plants.:thumb: You taught me a lot.:thanks:

Now I wish I had a mars lamp so I could run with the big dogs . I'll be keeping my eye out for those competing!

We will publish the pictures, grow journals... from contestants, let's expect their happy growing

Oh - Like last year you should have some demands on the grow-journal like:

- Minimum weekly updates or else disqualified. Last year there was a lot of journals that hardly ever made an update. Put some demands on the contestants this time. Don't let them be lazy.

I have the same idea with you:circle-of-love:. Each update must show obvious change of their girls.

Gunna try to save up for the reflector 192, see about that Christmas promotion. Need something that can stand up to the cob units I'm running now .

Ecos are tempting but id need 4 49s to get the coverage I'm looking for:S

As Sara says, great for beginners but proII series is for more experience while reflector series is most competitive :3 :cheer:

It's all drilled into my head now XD love following this thread!

I think our new CUP will begin from next month and will have no promotion for Christmas. Welcome to join in this CUP with reflector 192:welcome:

The only thing I'd recommend is when they make rules stick to them. Ex when they say January 1 as start day that doesn't mean start seeds dec1 or whatever else was change during last contest

We will have final rules asap and we hope we can start this new CUP from next month.

Same here, im running QB's in flower tent and using my Epistar for veg tent.

We hope we can give special gift for winners who use mars light and mars tent

Good to know, thank you!

How do you like it for a 4x4 space?

Reflector 192, MarsII1200 and MarsproII 320 can match with grow size 4'x4' for different growers.

I like your recommendations deville... lets get some set rules going. Jan 1 start doesnt work for me but, ill have to see how next grow goes. What about shortest or tallest plant, maybe fattest nug, best newbie, best journal, best topped plant, best untopped, best lst, and im sure ill think of more. Just kind of spread some prizes around

We hope we can start from next month, then we can send special gifts to winners asap after the competitions ends.

You should just do different categories for different social medias. Keep them all separate contests

Some social medias have few followers and some have many followers. If we set different categories for different social media. The contestant has more chance to win on the less popular social media.

The final weight thing is a hard one cause some will bullshit just to get free stuff unfortunately. But again someone could grow under different lights then just take pics with your mars hanging there for any catagory

I will advise our manager not to set this prize.:thanks:

You could break it down by light, would probably be the most fair solution.

If winner uses MarsproII, we plan to send him proII light...we can send light as what light they are using. But we hope all Mars Hydro users can have chance to take part in it.

Back
Top Bottom